Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 06:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And who exactly thought this was a great idea?

A bunch of narcissist ladies who thought it would be fun to provoke in order to get attention, that's who. They knew what they were doing, and can feign ignorance and turn it back on those who got upset.

Students at Black College Express Fury as White Girls Wearing 'Make America Great Again' Hats Tour Campus - Fox Nation

The haters "express fury" because women decide to wear a political hat, and acknowledging who's at fault is "turning it on them." I see.

Proof, yet again, that we can thank conservatives for preserving our freedoms, most importantly freedom of speech and expression--um...like burning the American flag. Some people still haven't learned to live with differences of opinion and expressions of those opinions in ways they find odious.

Gawd bless the [w]ussification of the American male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
I bet you blame rape victims, too, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If they are walking around naked then yeah, I might lay a little blame their way. But a better analogy is to poke the bear over and over and it is not in a cage, yes I blame the person for getting mauled and eaten, they asked for it otherwise they would not poke the bear to see its reaction.
No. My analogy is better.

In this case, some girls went to lunch at HU wearing a MAGA hat and T shirt. These girls were assaulted, battered, and had theft committed against them because of the clothing they wore. Some people here blamed the girls for wearing the type of clothing they wore.

That is perfectly analogous to this:

A girl goes to a place where lots of dodgy men hang out wearing skimpy clothing and gets raped and then some people blame her for wearing the type of clothing she wore.

Much better than your analogy, because in mine, the facts are nearly identical. Only the crime differed. My girls did not poke anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nice try, Skippy, maybe you should try a more original tactic, that trick got old long ago.
No idea what you are trying to say.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:31 PM

264 posts, read 239,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Private institution. Why did Howard let them on campus?
Exactly, they should have been arrested for trespassing. Why do black folks even entertain these clowns?

Old 08-22-2017, 06:34 PM

264 posts, read 239,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Howard is in a very sketchy area of DC
Define sketchy? Howard is a few blocks from million dollar+ row homes.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:48 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I bet you blame rape victims, too, don't you?

No. My analogy is better.

In this case, some girls went to lunch at HU wearing a MAGA hat and T shirt. These girls were assaulted, battered, and had theft committed against them because of the clothing they wore. Some people here blamed the girls for wearing the type of clothing they wore.

That is perfectly analogous to this:

A girl goes to a place where lots of dodgy men hang out wearing skimpy clothing and gets raped and then some people blame her for wearing the type of clothing she wore.

Much better than your analogy, because in mine, the facts are nearly identical. Only the crime differed. My girls did not poke anyone.

No idea what you are trying to say.

"skippy"............its an old derogatory term.....used to infer that you have no reasoning powers.......

Old 08-22-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
It matters because this may have been a planned, staged event.
Rubbish.

1. It does not appear to have been a "staged event".

2. It would not matter if it was a staged event.

3. Read the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Also, again there was not violence.
There was assault, battery, and theft committed against the high school girls.

Is that not enough?

Old 08-22-2017, 06:57 PM

Thank you, No_Recess and MPowering1 for bringing comedic relief to this thread!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM

78,393 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Wow. What a sad thread.

I guess wearing a Malcomn X hat into a white neighborhood also deserves threats and worse? Sigh.

People have seriously lost their minds lately. Both sides.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:00 PM

22 posts, read 17,985 times
blm does their acts to "just provoke to get attention"

so THAT point of yours is useless

the whole point of having rights is using those rights

since leftists have proven to attack people who are wearing those hats

these people have every right to wear those hats

and CRIMINALS WHO TRY OR DO HURT THEM

need the law to bust dem

Old 08-22-2017, 07:04 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post
Exactly, they should have been arrested for trespassing. Why do black folks even entertain these clowns?
You can't arrest them for trespassing because there is no policy against coming onto campus for a bite to eat.

Now if they were asked to leave and refused...then the white girls would be violating the non-aggression principle.

That didn't happen here.

My point was if Howard is going to have a problem with the clothes people wear, as a private institution, they should have the right to refuse to allow those people on campus.

I think Howard should assert its rights as owners of the property and put up signs saying "No White People".

It's obvious they believe these girls were a threat to others on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies