Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 11:44 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN has already admitted to making up fake news about the Russia thing as fodder for their Trump deranged viewers.

The Russia meme is dead. Leftists lose yet again.

Now they want to make up stuff about the "nuclear footballs" and hate on Whitey some more.
When was it announced that the investigations had concluded? I must have missed that one.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 10-12-2017 at 11:57 AM..

Old 10-12-2017, 11:46 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
When was it announced that the investigation had concluded? I must have missed that one.
Investigations..plural. We have 3 active ones and one closed one.

Anyone notice Mueller didn't leak anything juicy this week ?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:49 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And after all this time the American people have no facts; only accusations! Hearsay is what you want us to believe. If we had spies and their identifies could put their lives in danger; we had plenty of time to relocate them. After all; your side wants to discredit the election and you don't want to turn your cards face up. Show us verifiable information if you want believers. What you want us to believe in America; you hate about the Russian government - you cannot have it both ways.
Do you not understand how investigations and Congressional hearings work?

Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 PM

716 posts, read 393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fools voted for Trump.

Only fools vote for a con man who tells them that only he can fix everything, that he knows more than the generals, that he's going to turn back the hands of time and bring back those coal mining jobs, ...

Fools on this forum spread constant lies about Clinton. I can't tell you how many times the lie that she sold uranium to the Russians popped up. It was debunked constantly only to have it pop up again.

Fools believed the lies that were spread via FB, Twitter, Instagram, ...

Then voted based on these lies.
While they may look foolish now, I cut Trump voters some slack. Americans have been past due a big raise for decades so they were grasping at straws and the Russian propaganda pushed them over the line.

So while I don't believe they weren't fools then, they're showing themselves to be fools of the highest degree now. if they haven't come around at this point, they'll never summon up enough courage to admit that they've made a mistake.

Just like Trump, conservatives always seem incapable of admitting their errors...

Old 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
While they may look foolish now, I cut Trump voters some slack. Americans have been past due a big raise for decades so they were grasping at straws and the Russian propaganda pushed them over the line.

So while I don't believe they weren't fools then, they're showing themselves to be fools of the highest degree now. if they haven't come around at this point, they'll never summon up enough courage to admit that they've made a mistake.

Just like Trump, conservatives always seem incapable of admitting their errors...
I fully agree with this.

Given our choices last November, I can cut Trump voters some slack. What I can't understand is how he retains such a solid base of support today, especially considering the fact we are on the brink of a nuclear holocaust and possible extinction event. Tribal mentality is the only thing I can think of. People may not like everything Trump does, but they like that he spites the people they hate (minorities, Muslims, LGBT) and that is good enough for them.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM

42,847 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Investigations..plural. We have 3 active ones and one closed one.

Anyone notice Mueller didn't leak anything juicy this week ?
which one was closed?

Old 10-12-2017, 12:54 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
which one was closed?
The FBI one under Comey. Mueller took over for that when he got appointed Special Council.
And Wray said the FBI will not be starting up yet another one or continuing the one started by Comey.

So we have the House, the Senate and Mueller's Special Council.

I guess "closed" was a bad use of the word. The FBI one wasn't really closed but transferred to Mueller.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:15 PM

10,747 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post

The only people that are ultimately foolish are those who think the Russian narrative will help Democrats regain power.
I mean do you seriously think voters will factor in Russia when they vote?
No, they'll factor in the economy/jobs above everything else.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:40 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
The only people that are ultimately foolish are those who think the Russian narrative will help Democrats regain power.
I mean do you seriously think voters will factor in Russia when they vote?
No, they'll factor in the economy/jobs above everything else.
This isn't about Democrats regaining power, and nobody thinks it will help us in the polls.
I don't think that people will factor in the jobs/economy when voting, because they certainly didn't do it in the last election. They'll vote party over country, and probably even more so now.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
When was it announced that the investigations had concluded? I must have missed that one.
What investigations have anything to do with what I said?

The Russia meme is dead dead. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies