Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Foreman was always one of the good guys.

I'll never forget reading when I was much younger, about during the 1968 Olympics, during one of his matches Foreman waved a small American flag in the ring. This at a time of great civil unrest in the U.S., and one of the most iconic images in world history as Tommie Smith and John Carlos gave their famous black power salute during the 200 meter sprint medal ceremony at the same 1968 Olympics.

So nothing new for George, he was always a patriot and one that loved his country regardless of what others thought of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Great man!

Even if a person doesn't endorse what a President does then still there is not excuse for rude and disrespectful behavior.

Anyone who misbehaved under Obama was in my eyes the same worthless person.

However you can be critical on the policies!

Old 08-22-2017, 05:38 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Oh No.
Must be one of those 'Uncle Toms we hear so much about!?

George Foreman praises Trump, slams Colin Kaepernick and Kevin Durant | Fox News
Kudo's to big George!

Old 08-22-2017, 05:43 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
This x a billion. At the end of the day, who cares what these people have to say? Stand for the anthem, sit for the anthem. Go to the White House or don't. I really don't give a rat's behind. If the media stopped hyping it up into this Big Issue, nobody would give it a second thought.
This ^^^^^, pretty much. I like both Foreman and Durant and I'm not going to alter my opinion based on where they stand on 'this issue'.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Oh No.

George Foreman praises Trump, slams Colin Kaepernick and Kevin Durant | Fox News
I've always admired Mr.George Foreman. Unlike some other champion athletes he was wise with his wealth and didn't **** it away. A great man and a role model .

Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Another thread where a black person is propped up for trash talking another black person. Am I the only person that notices this? All of a sudden George Foreman is a reference for social issues.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Foreman was always one of the good guys.

I'll never forget reading when I was much younger, about during the 1968 Olympics, during one of his matches Foreman waved a small American flag in the ring. This at a time of great civil unrest in the U.S., and one of the most iconic images in world history as Tommie Smith and John Carlos gave their famous black power salute during the 200 meter sprint medal ceremony at the same 1968 Olympics.

So nothing new for George, he was always a patriot and one that loved his country regardless of what others thought of him.
As someone who is old enough to remember all that I think you need to put this in a little better perspective.

Yes, George Foreman won the gold and waved his little flag. Was lauded for doing so.

Smith and Carlos (Smith in particular had just won the gold medal and set a world record) felt strongly enough about their cause to protest on the medal stand fully realizing the price they would pay. Being kicked off the Olympic team and being ostracized at home. They received death threats. What they did took a lot of courage.

I'm sure Foreman took some grief from some people for his display but nothing like Smith and Carlos did from all the "patriots" of the era.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Oh No.

It's his opinion...big deal.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:57 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Oh No.

Ok George got hit upside the head too many times! Now, it's affecting his rationalizing and judgment skills.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:46 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Would it have been better if he had carried a bottle of hot sauce around in his purse and said "I ain't in no ways tired" in a fake black accent?
Gaslighting strategy, awesome. Well, I have something for you.

Trump's African-American: 'I Am Not A Trump Supporter' : The Two-Way : NPR

Quote:
"Look at my African-American over here."
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/u...s.html?mcubz=3

Trump talks about the majority of Black people as if they are just ghetto dwellers, even though that isn't the reality for the majority of Blacks.

Judging on your comment, it sounds like you are the one who looks down on Blacks. Bringing up "hot sauce". How stereotypical of your.

One more question. Why did you ignore the rest of my post? Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies