Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Wow, twisting reality with your headline, no?

Just because some networks have negative coverage of somebody, does not mean they aren't "balanced." It may just be that the person they are covering really, truly is a moron who deserves every bit of scorn he receives. If networks have negative coverage of a moron, they're just being honest. If any network has negative or even just 50-50 coverage of a moron, THEY are the ones who are actually unbalanced.
I also agree with this.

If Fox is covering more "positive" stories then it would make me think they have a positive bias for him. I don't watch cable TV but I do know that nearly every print news source and online outlet and even the morning show I watch (CBS) they do speak about Trump but the TV show in particular, they don't say anything overly biased against him in the morning. They just report on what he is doing/saying. Unfortunately, much of what he says and does is negative - like the Charlottesville re-hash that he did yesterday that is now in the media today. There was no reason for him to speak about Charlottesville. Any reasonable person would seek to put that behind him and move on IMO. And I could see if he just mentioned it a smidgeon in his "rally" (which it is odd that he is having rallies so soon after becoming president, it is very strange!) he spoke about it for nearly 30 minutes! So of course the media will talk about it. Media follows every president. The more boring they are and sane, the less likely they will be in the press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:32 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
During Trump's first 100 days...

Fox News had 52% negative / 48% positive coverage of Trump

CNN / NBC had 93% negative / 7% positive coverage of Trump

---

Trump's accusation about the mainstream media seems to be true #FakeNews

In my opinion, it is delegitimizing the mainstream media, specifically CNN/NBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/trum...ity-study.html
Maybe they calls it as they sees it.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:

Turn off the mainstream media and ask yourself, is your life any worse than when Obama was in power? The answer is no and to many the answer is slightly better.

Stocks at all time highs
Consumer confidence at all time highs
Manufacturing is up
Illegal immigration is down
Unemployment is at 16 year lows
Etc
The problem with your argument is that every single thing you just said about "after Obama" were true the day he left office, not because of Trump.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:33 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
99.9% of doctors say cancer is bad.

Stupid biased doctors! Anyone know where can I find some fair and balanced doctors?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Liberals really think 99% of Trumps time on office has been bad?

Lol. Poor libs. Thy are screwed for a long time

Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Folks...obviously you dont understand what the study is showing.

If you had some mass murderer that tortured people to death for giggles...would you want to listen to the news that said good things about him 50% of the time? Would THAT be the balanced news you wanted?

I can't believe you people fall for things like this.
Bingo.

Of course Fox isn't hostile to Trump. Hell, they ain't even critical!

Naturally that's gonna be seen as fair to Trump. Duuuuh.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Liberals really think 99% of Trumps time on office has been bad?

Lol. Poor libs. Thy are screwed for a long time
99% is a conservative estimate.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:39 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with your argument is that every single thing you just said about "after Obama" were true the day he left office, not because of Trump.
I think things are slightly better than when Obama was in office, but nonetheless, I didn't think there was anything really wrong during Obama either.

Yet if you watch the mainstream news, you'd think our country is...

-Experiencing the aftermath of nuclear war
-The economy has collapsed
-The stock market has collapsed
-It's not safe to interact with someone of a different race

...honestly, nothing has got worse since Trump took over in everyday life, some things are even doing better like our economy and stock market and consumer confidence. The fact that Liberals who watch CNN think our country is now in ruins, is proof enough that the mainstream media is so manipulative, deceiving, fake and just out right disgusting!

They make it act like the KKK has never held a rally until Trump, just look on google, they have had multiple rallies, some turning violent every year. It didn't just start with Trump, but oh boy does the media want to make you think it has!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
The problem with most of the media is not that they are hard on Republican politicians, it's that they cover up for and deflect for Democratic politicians

Old 08-23-2017, 01:41 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
The fact that Liberals who watch CNN think our country is now in ruins, is proof enough that the mainstream media is so manipulative, deceiving, fake and just out right disgusting!
I have yet to meet a liberal who thought the country was in "ruins."

There are, however, many liberals who think the Presidency is in ruin. The presidency is not synonymous with the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies