Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,822,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I have a good financial advisor. I have made $60,000 since the beginning of the year. I was a hourly employee all my life.
And if you had had that guy for the last 8 years you would have made even more -- lol.

The percentage increase in the first 8 months of this year is similar to the percentage increase in the first 8 months of last year.

The stock market has been basically going up March of 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 10:06 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,749,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
OBAMA:

1. Stock Market - Steadily climbed throughout Obama's presidency and has continued the exact same trend since Trump became president.

2. US Debt - This is something Obama didn't keep under control.

3. Jobs - 1,087,000 in his last 6 months in office

4. Unemployment - Steadily lowered throughout Obama's presidency and has continued the exact same trend since Trump became president.

5. Inflation - This has been trending down since the 1970's, believe it or not.

6. Housing Sales - Was unable to find this information.

7. Regulations - Doesn't really mean anything......

8. Manufacturing - Has been trending upwards at the same pace since 2000, besides the recession.

9. Federal Reserve - Again, Obama was not great with money.

10. Illegal Immigration - This is just a policy difference for D's vs R's. Democrats are much more lax on their points of views of illegal immigration.

11. NATO - One of the few things Trump has done well.

12. Supreme Court - Trump obviously did nom Gorsuch, but any democrat (with the house being dem) would have passed it too if they were in that position.

13. Executive Orders - Executive orders are only done if they can't go through congress to get something passed, or want to pass it in a rush. Not really an accomplishment to have a ton of these.

Just my views and some facts on the Obama and Trump administrations.

Trump isn't "winning" as much as he wants you to believe.
You can thank/blame the GOP Congress for most of that... Obama didn't really achieve much... the GOP stopped him at every turn... Trump on the otherhand....

Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 AM

6,583 posts, read 4,958,037 times
Talk to me about the debt after he proposes an actual t budget. Do you think the troop surge it's going to be free, he wants to shut down the govt over increasing the debt ceiling for the wall, cant wait to see what all these fiscal conservatives have to say about it.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 AM

We have no budget, no tax reform, the infrastructure expenditure is still in the conceptual stage.

Once all these things become more than pipe dreams we can talk about how Trump has had an impact on the economy.

For now - business as usual.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:10 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,251,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Talk to me about the debt after he proposes an actual t budget. Do you think the troop surge it's going to be free, he wants to shut down the govt over increasing the debt ceiling for the wall, cant wait to see what all these fiscal conservatives have to say about it.
It will all be the fault of the left. No doubt. Even though we have no actual power. What a cluster ****.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:13 AM

29,791 posts, read 18,652,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You can thank/blame the GOP Congress for most of that... Obama didn't really achieve much... the GOP stopped him at every turn... Trump on the otherhand....
You are correct but I will give Obama credit for writing his name on Republican bills passed by the Republican Congress since 2010

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,074,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...this is like a scene straight outta One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!
I legitimately think that there's a segment of the population who are simply unable to see that this man is not suited for the office.

It's not even his "politics" at all. It is HIM.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,142,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
1. Stock Market - DOUBLE DIGIT GAINS since the election

2. US Debt - Decreased the US debt by $103 billion since his inauguration

3. Jobs - 1,027,000 jobs have been created

4. Unemployment - Lowest unemployment rate in 16 years

5. Inflation - Decreased to an 8 month low of 1.6%

6. Housing Sales - Hot market, average numbers of days listed before selling just 45 days

7. Regulations - Executive order for every 1 new regulation, 2 old regulations must be eliminated

8. Manufacturing - US Manufacturing Index is at a 33 year high

9. Federal Reserve - Increased rates 3 x already and still not negatively effecting the economy

10. Illegal Immigration - Down 50-70% since the election

11. NATO - $10 billion increase in spending from our allies

12. Supreme Court - Nominated Judge Gorsuch

13. Executive Orders - Over 150 signed executive orders ranging from...

* Dismantling Obama’s climate change initiatives.
* Travel bans for individuals from a select number of countries embroiled in terrorist atrocities.
* Enforcing regulatory reform.
* Protecting Law enforcement.
* Mandating for every new regulation to eliminate two.
* Defeating ISIS.
* Rebuilding the military.
* Building a border wall.
* Cutting funding for sanctuary cities.
* Approving pipelines.
* Reducing regulations on manufacturers.
* Placing a hiring freeze on federal employees.
* Exiting the US from the TPP.
* Fast tracking construction projects
Fresh off the press from the Trump Fake News Network - thanks Comrade!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,635,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
These futile stabs at trying to prop-up the fantasy of Trumpists, would be funny, if not so pathetic. I'm expecting that after he is defrocked and run out, they will continue to post them, being in complete denial of reality. It's like those Japanese soldiers who hid out in an island jungle and didn't know the war was over, for 40 years.
I noticed you didn't refute any of the OP's list of Trump's accomplishments. Shall we call it, denial of reality?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I noticed you didn't refute any of the OP's list of Trump's accomplishments. Shall we call it, denial of reality?
It is timely to try and refute each item.

I know -- i chose one. And it is useless. Most don't want to debate facts, they want to spit out emotionally charged insultats at each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies