Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,707,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Which sort of makes sense if you think about it since Whites outnumber Blacks 4 or 5 to 1. Roughly 20% of serial killers are Black so they are overrepresented (13% of population) in that statistic too.

White serial killers do get the most press (Bundy, Dahmer, Rader, etc.).
You forgot Dr. Gosnell the black serial killer who murdered hundreds of children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
I figured this would turn into "let's complain about Black people". I'm not denying certain statistics. I'm just saying some people look down on American Blacks to begin with and are looming for places to vent such anger and resentment. While the statistics are mot false, some people only use the as a justification for looking down on Blacks. The way I see it, Blacks have been hated and looked down on from the beginning.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:55 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You always have some of the most delusional posts. One weekend in Chicago blows those out of the water by 10 fold.
Chicago represents Chicago, not an entire race of people. Chicago is corrupt from the top to the bottom and has been for decades. No one can make vast generalizations off of one example.

That is what you and others are trying to do. Just because the murders of white's are more spread out does not make them any less violent.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:57 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
Sorry loser, but this is another one of your racist lies. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eading-reports
It didn't matter what race the people were. It was crazy, both White and Black being involved in violence and looting. It was like war. The police were involved too. Lawlessness, period.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:00 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jason View Post
It depends on how you define 'more violent.'

Poor cities, no matter what color the people there are, supposedly have higher numbers of violent crimes than more affluent cities, but not a higher percentage of violent crimes than poor rural areas that generally have more white people. So I understand that point of view.

We discussed something similar in my sociology class way back in 1992. That's all I remember, but it made sense.
I agree, but these people define themselves by their skin color. It's not "poor lives matter."

Old 08-28-2017, 10:03 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,707,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's their dialect. Why shouldn't we all respect that? Are you implying we should all "whitewash" (so to speak) their cultural dialect?
If born in the United States, there is not reason not to sound like Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlake View Post
Nope, when Katrina hit, a lot of black neighborhoods took it as a huge blue light special sale on looting. When a similar situation hit to the Mississippi where it was a majority white area, poor people were helping out neighbors and they did not even think of needing the National guard. There is a difference in people.
So you think that people, based on their skin color, are inherently more violent than others?

Also, in Katrina, there was looting and violence in Mississippi as well. It was not just in "black neighborhoods."

And even in Louisiana there were whites and Asians taking things from stores. They were in survival mode and IMO when anyone is in a drastic situation, they may go into panic mode and take drastic actions for survival.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
Sorry loser, but this is another one of your racist lies. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eading-reports
I agree, that was an odd comment. I also remember how they characterized the whites as "finding food" and the blacks as "looters" for doing the same things.

Black People "Loot" Food, White people "Find" food

From the link:

Quote:
Yahoo.com’s news page provided one of the most blatant examples of this kind of bias.
The website featured a photo of two white residents, wading through the water with food. The caption read: “Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store after Hurricane Katrina came through the area in New Orleans, Louisiana.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)”

Then there is a photo of a Black youth, wading through water with food. The caption reads: “A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Flood waters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina did extensive damage when it made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)”

Old 08-28-2017, 12:37 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree, that was an odd comment. I also remember how they characterized the whites as "finding food" and the blacks as "looters" for doing the same things.

Black People "Loot" Food, White people "Find" food

From the link:
So crazy....smh.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:45 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,695,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I agree, but these people define themselves by their skin color. It's not "poor lives matter."
And why do they define themselves by skin color? Have you ask yourself why you see people as black before Christian, as black before poor, and on external phenotype?

Ask yourself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies