Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:32 AM

983 posts, read 738,316 times

Advertisements

You have the opportunity to implement any laws/rules you want without question and no one could ever challenge them, what would they be? A few of mine:

1. Completely dismantle the DEA/ATF. Some of the biggest thugs that serve no useful purpose and just harm people for no reason.
2. Anyone convicted of rape/child molestation would be publicly executed by either hanging or getting shot.
3. There would be no such thing as expensive lawyers. No matter what you make all you get is a public defender.
4. Any politician that is caught lying or involved in any kind of bad business will automatically lose anything and everything they have and forced to live on the streets.
5. Drastically reduce our defense spending and only for coastal defense. All the money saved would go towards health care, poverty and poor people.
6. Lobbying of any kind would be strictly outlawed.
7. Make any person wishing to move to America be forced to be 100% fluent in English and swear an oath of allegiance to America and denounce whatever other citizenship they have.
8. Judges don't decide what a person's fate is after conviction, the offended party gets to.
9. End any and all foreign aid to any other country and the only money that is spent is on products made in America.
10. Tell other countries such as North Korea, Saudi Arabia etc. if they don't cut their stupid mentally challenged leaders **** out we'll nuke 'em. True, a few may have to be nuked before they get the picture but after a few turn into glass craters it won't be long before they comply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 03:59 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I would ban all dogs from nuisance barking in residential areas with a $500-1000 fine per occurance. Basically train your dogs to not bark or keep them inside while unsupervised. Too many people think a fence gives them a right to leave their yappy things outside all day while theyre gone.

I would ban all aftermarket exhausts on vehicles along with loud motorcycle exhausts with a $1000 fine if caught. If you are found to have removed the catalytic converter the fine is $2500.

I would remove restrictions on ownership of suppressors for firearms, allowing people to use them for hearing protection so long as they are not convicted felons, and even then they should get their rights back after 7-10 years of law abiding behavior.

Legalise marijuana and tax it nationwide. People can grow 6 plants per household. Industrial hemp legalized.

I would crack down on scam organizations that take advantage of elderly people. My grandmother had 20 different pieces of mail for some of the most rediculous crap I've ever seen asking her for money. Then they end up calling her with sob stories. Most charities waste and embezzle money and should be eliminated. Save the slaughter of horses? America needs Fatima? Give me a break. What good did donating to type 2 diabetes causes back in 1992 ever do? The disease is still rampant.

Tax law reform. No short and long term capital gains BS, deductions and writeoffs for this and that... Just one flat rate that's so easy to calculate that people who do things like trade stocks or things that get reported to the IRS don't even have any tax paperwork to do... Its all automatically calculated by the feds. I would charge a tax of one dollar for every stock trade, just to spite high frequency traders.

Eliminate the US cent, nickel, dime, half dollar, dollar bill, and 5 dollar bill. For coins we would have quarters, dollars, and 5 dollar coins, for bills we would have 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills. Pay in cash and its rounded to the nearest quarter.

Make it a felony to be caught driving with a blood alcohol level of over .20.

Last edited by sholomar; 08-25-2017 at 04:20 AM..

Old 08-25-2017, 04:29 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
I would ban govt.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:59 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
You have the opportunity to implement any laws/rules you want without question and no one could ever challenge them, what would they be? A few of mine:
There's so many that could be enacted that would truly help the country :

Just a couple from me :

I'd enact Federal Term limits -- no more McCains/Grhams/Fiensteins etc, who stick around for 10 terms.That's hurt our country more than anything I can think of besides abandoning the gold standard.

I'd get rid of almost all of the intelligence agencies. Most people think we have them to protect the country, but I'd argue they're there to protect the ruling class.

No more foriegn aid to ANY country until this country gains solvency.

I'd completely ban all machine/algo trading. Machine trading sucks.

I'd broaden margin requirements with regard to shorting

I'd put a minimum 5 year moratorium on all types of immigration.

I'd put the anti-trust department back to work and start by chopping up Amazon, Google, Walmart, etc. I'd also chop up the 8-12 mega banks.

I'd reinstall Glass-Steagall

Old 08-25-2017, 05:06 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
1) Cap public assistance payments for able bodied individuals for more than one year. Anyone receiving taxpayer dollars in any form after that will be mandatorily sterilized. No payments for any additional children born during that time.
2) Mandatory sterilization for anyone receiving a jail sentence of more than one year.
3) Jailed inmates will have all contact with the outside world cut off for the period of their sentence. This includes no TV, magazines, or other knowledge of what is happening outside prison walls. Those with sentence of more that 10 years are summarily executed.
4) All foreign aid to countries other than solid allies will be cut off.
5) Immigration from all countries other than solid allies will be cut off.
6) Immediate re-evaluation of the 14th Amendment. Any child born to other than US citizens is *not* a US citizen.
7) Deportation of all illegals. Anchor babies are stripped of US citizenship and go with the parents.
8) Possession of marijuana is a felony. Penalties as above. Dealer receives immediate death sentence - no appeal.
9) Elimination of same sex marriage. (Registered domestic partnerships Ok. No adoption of children by gay singles or couples.) Institutionalization of trannies of whatever age.
10) Elimination of taxpayer support (i.e., student loans) for all liberal arts programs. Only STEM degrees eligible for public support with top 5% of students in field getting full scholarships. (We have too many poets and dreamers.)

And I say to myself, what a wonderful world it will be...

Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
1 Universal health insurance paid for with a payroll tax. Note robust copays and deductibles. Its insurance against BIG bills
2 Ban lobbying.
3 Eliminate ANY special treatment of former members of congress
4 End gerrymandering
5 12 years in DC term limit exclusive of being president
6 Start enforcing laws against monopolies outside of patents (shkreli)
7 Right to fix laws
8 Re-establish right of first sale
9 Transparency in medical bills. No surprise bills. If you are an E room doc (or anesthesiologist or x rays or...) in an in network hospital you are in-network.
10 Medical Tort limit with an out for "wanton acts". Note "wanton acts" are severe enough to call the medical persons license into question and are RARE.
11 No more damn ads for lawyers. Especially class action ones. I was in FL and half the billboards are lawyers.
12 Congress CAN negotiate drug prices
13 Vets get $1000 tax deduction. Those that saw combat $2000. Those that are classed 50% disabled $25000.
14 corp tax rate to 22%
15 Find a way to separate true venture capitalists from capitalist parasites that destroy companies for profit. Reward former and punish the latter.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:40 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Eliminate H1B visas.

Eliminate back door green card issuance.

Eliminate NAFTA work authorizations.

Eliminate welfare. Work or starve.

Eliminate the UN.

Eliminate obamacare.

Islam would be outlawed.

Immediate execution of illegal drug dealers and users.

Term limits on congress.

Round up and expel all illegal immigrants.

Eliminate all foreign aid.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
1. Churches must pay taxes. No more religious exemptions.

2. Eliminate the electoral college.

3. Develop a political system with multiple parties, like the Netherlands.

4. Raise the minimum wage to something livable depending on your location.

5. Control rent/housing costs so people could afford to pay for a roof over their head if they work for a living.

6. Healthcare for everyone that works.

7. Ban toll roads. (TX is really abusing the toll road concept).

I'm sure there are others, but I'm only on my first cup of coffee

Old 08-25-2017, 06:07 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
President must make their taxes public to be on the ballot.

Term limits for congress.

Majority population wins over Electoral college.

Associate's Degree becomes part of our education.

Enforce laws in place.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:17 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Bribery would no longer be considered free speech.

Sanctuary employers would serve time in the federal pen.

Marijhana would be legal.

Selling and or manufacturing meth is a death sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies