Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
"Ademit"?
I think that's "adamant" to the rest of us.

I think. Don't quote me on it.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
The media thought so much of the American public wasn't that stupid, I guess?

They know better now.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The media thought so much of the American public wasn't that stupid, I guess?

They know better now.
Not just the media. I will never again take the collective intelligence of the American public for granted. Trump voters cured me of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 01:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
"How can any person in the media be taken serious when they were so ademit that Donald Trump would never be the President"

First, may I?

"How can any person in the media be taken seriously when they were so adamant that Donald Trump would never be the President"

I guess the bigger question is how you can be taken seriously?

But for the short answer?

"How can any military person who has made a wrong move EVER be taken seriously again?"
"How can any doctor who has EVER lost a patient EVER be taken seriously again?"
"How can Donald Trump, who promised us (in NJ) that Atlantic City would be fully revitalized, EVER be taken seriously again?".
"How can a mathematician that gives the odds EVER be taken seriously again when - in fact - the odds sometimes say that a flipped nickel will land on its edge?".

Am I getting through to you?

Assuming you actually understand elementary school math, the top "polster of polsters", Nate Silver, had Trump at about a 30% chance of winning after Comey came out with his BS.

Many of the sports games you watch - the winning team has a TINY chance of winning. What do you think the odds were for our neighbor (next town) to win the 750 million dollar lottery? Yet it happened.

What were the odds of losing the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? What were the odds of Wall Street going under (the Great Recession)?......on the Recession, they were so tiny as almost not to be measureable. But it happened.

So I guess you aren't going to believe anything - because your mind can always find somewhere where the favorite didn't win?

Summary- don't be stupid.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:28 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
How can we take anyone's questions seriously when they don't even know how to spell adamant?

Anyway, just because someone is wrong once does not mean everything they say is going to be wrong. If that were the case, nobody should believe anything anybody says, because everybody is wrong once in a while.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
How can we take anyone's questions seriously when they don't even know how to spell adamant?

Anyway, just because someone is wrong once does not mean everything they say is going to be wrong. If that were the case, nobody should believe anything anybody says, because everybody is wrong once in a while.
Except for Trump- for some people here he is never wrong about anything.

There are posters on here who when called on some incorrect statement that they have made, try every possible twist and turn to try to appear right. Predicting presidential races is not an exact science. If/when Trump gets impeached before his first term is over, does that mean we should never listen to the Trump 2020 crowd again?

Old 08-25-2017, 01:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not just the media. I will never again take the collective intelligence of the American public for granted. Trump voters cured me of that.
The voting public, in general, cured me of expecting anything resembling intelligence from the masses. The fact that the two main party candidates in 2016 were quite possibly the least qualified people to be running for president is a serious commentary on how totally jacked up our politics have become.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:38 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Remember the media hosts and so called experts who were all proven to be totally wrong when they claimed that Donald Trump would NEVER be the President!

Well we know who is the President!

One would think that these people who were so wrong and on tape, proven to be wrong, would sing a tone lower and accept the President.

But NO, the same people are uttering the same old vulgar lies and wrong predictions.

Seriously...is anyone taking one of them serious on any subject!
You're a real estate agent?

Old 08-25-2017, 02:27 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
"Ademit"?
Gesundheit.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:53 AM

81 posts, read 64,347 times
The media are the most responsible for Trump's election! They relentlessly covered his every move, to the exclusion of other Republicans whose qualifications were hard to ferret out ... since the media didn't bother to share them with us peons who wait for them to guide us.

Rather than trying to establish a state-controlled Press, Trump ought to be on his small hands and knees thanking them!

Or maybe he blames them for sticking him with the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies