Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So anyone but hillary. That's the point I'm making. It was the anyone but hillary crowd. There were quite a few who voted that way. Even democrats. We didn't see conservatives backing him when he got into the oval office. Right off there was problems with repeal and replace.
Which is exactly what Democrats want, Republicans to fight each other over Trump instead of uniting behind him.

Your distaste for Trump is wasting a huge opportunity and playing right into the Left's hands.

But hey, at least you have your self respect...

.........at the expense of my premiums and deductible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 04:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Presuming you're correct, you actually just proved the futility of your stance.

If the 1986 law said that borders had to be secured after the amnesty was granted, but 30 years later we have yet another 11+ million illegals, then there's little choice but to conclude that it's basically impossible to enforce such a requirement. And there's no reason to believe it would be any different this time. If Ronald Reagan and George Bush following him could not enforce it, why are we to believe Trump could do any better? (and, "because you said he can" is not a legitimate reason)

not impossible, it's just big business runs our government and they want the cheap labor and open borders. Good for them, bad for the poor and middle class of this country.

When Reagan signed this in mid-1986, he expected Congress and future Presidents to enforce the law, he basically had 2 years left in office.....both Bushes were for open borders and so Bill Clinton and Obama....that's 28 years of not enforcing immigration laws and having open borders that created this mess. Welcome to globalism brought to us by the geniuses of the elites in both parties.

if you think it can't be enforced why does the rest of the world enforces their immigration laws....Are you familiar with Mexico's immigration laws? they do enforce their laws. It's a felony to enter Mexico illegally, it's jail time and automatic deportation. No free education no free healthcare for illegals in Mexico, if you are a Mexican citizen and aid and help an illegal in Mexico that's a felony in Mexico. If you are poor immigrant you have no rights, you are not welcome. If you get Deported and come back the penalties are harsher.

So don't tell me it can't be enforced other countries do it all the time. It's just that you don't care.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Which is exactly what Democrats want, Republicans to fight each other over Trump instead of uniting behind him.
Yes I know. That's why I posted the exact same sentiment. hellooooooo

Quote:
Your distaste for Trump is wasting a huge opportunity and playing right into the Left's hands.

But hey, at least you have your self respect...

.........at the expense of my premiums and deductible.
Nothing to do with me or playing into the lefts hands. Make something else up. Everything to do with those that support big government. The republicans made a huge mistake electing trump. Wasn't as bad as the left electing hillary though.

Premiums and deductibles went up because of the big government freaks. Not to hard to figure that out. For some anyway.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:53 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Yes I know. That's why I posted the exact same sentiment. hellooooooo

Nothing to do with me or playing into the lefts hands. Make something else up. Everything to do with those that support big government. The republicans made a huge mistake electing trump. Wasn't as bad as the left electing hillary though.

Premiums and deductibles went up because of the big government freaks. Not to hard to figure that out. For some anyway.
Yes, premiums and deductibles went up because Democrats voted in lockstep to pass Obamacare.

And they will stay that way because Republicans can't seem to do the same to repeal it despite eight years of promises to do so and many meaningless votes to repeal under Obama when they knew he would veto.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:03 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Conservatives aren't the ones supporting trump. They're not his base. .
Sometimes the posts on city data make my head spin with confusion.

Are you saying that conservatives don't support Trump? That Trump got elected without any conservative support?

Who is his base then?

Please explain. It's been a long day, and just when I thought I had things all figured out this post has thrown me for a total loop. I won't sleep tonight with this floating around my noggin. Can you help me understand what you mean by this?

Old 08-25-2017, 06:56 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We have open talk of violent mutiny from conservatives on the event that Trump is deposed.

If Trump ever were deposed (which is unlikely), it would be because of LEGAL DUE PROCESS in the form of impeachment by a REPUBLICAN Congress and prosecution by the Judicial Branch for a crime committed, for which evidence would have to be furnished.

How can conservatives portray themselves as "peaceful" and "law and order" types and in the same breath tell us they would never accept any legal outcome of our laws that results in Trump's removal from office? You can't call for rule of law in cases that are convenient to you and then condemn it as an infinite conspiracy in the cases you don't like. That's not rule of law; it's thuggish tyranny.

Conservatives should decide whether they are honest, principled supporters of the Constitution or thugs like Antifa.

And if Trump doesn't do anything highly illegal, then he doesn't have to worry about being kicked out of office. No liberal has some special power to employ that would unilaterally kick him out without significant due process.
And we have liberal groups committing acts of violence against clothed protestors and police as well as rioting. We have elected democrats calling for the death of a sitting US President. And you want to talk about the right?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Sometimes the posts on city data make my head spin with confusion.
lol That's what happens when one cannot take the thought process to the next level or is uninformed or both.

Quote:
Are you saying that conservatives don't support Trump? That Trump got elected without any conservative support?
Are you saying conservatives supported trump? That trump got elected with conservative support?

Quote:
Who is his base then?
Not conservatives. That's obvious. That you had to ask that question is telling.
Let me dumb it down for you.
Conservatives want less government. Trump does not. There you go, not too hard to figure out or did that make your head spin also?

Quote:
Please explain. It's been a long day, and just when I thought I had things all figured out this post has thrown me for a total loop. I won't sleep tonight with this floating around my noggin. Can you help me understand what you mean by this?
How about YOU show all the support conservatives gave trump. Can you help me understand why you think conservatives did?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, premiums and deductibles went up because Democrats voted in lockstep to pass Obamacare.

And they will stay that way because Republicans can't seem to do the same to repeal it despite eight years of promises to do so and many meaningless votes to repeal under Obama when they knew he would veto.
Agreed. The republican party is pretty much worthless. They can't be trusted.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:30 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
This thread just has to be a joke with all the criminal acts of Leftists being committed daily, both on the streets and in DC.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:32 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This thread just has to be a joke with all the criminal acts of Leftists being committed daily, both on the streets and in DC.

Like what and please provide the proof the're "leftist" since you made the false accusation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies