Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 07:51 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,264,419 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I'm alive!!!!! Our power went out after my last post. I think that was on Sunday noon. We tried to leave but everything around us is flooded. Luckily we got a break in the rain and then the lights came back on.

We are doing ok but really worried about 2 levees close by. Praying that they don't break. Hope everyone is ok!

Funny story... my brother lives in Crosby which is NE of Houston. The water is at his driveway. He's got crawfish swimming up to his house. I told him, HEY that's dinner!!!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,447,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Jeff Bezo's Post is not a credible news source.
only Brietbart is "real news" right?

The confirmation bias on this site knows no limit...

Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,788,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Christie was slammed for his hypocrisy. He berated teachers for wanting more money but he sure went looking for money from others when it was his job on the line.
True on the teachers, but the GOP was very unhappy with his partnering with Obama. I gave Christie credit at the time- Cuomo was governor here in New York and I certainly didn't feel like he had our back with the mess we had with LIPA, the electric company. We have the highest rates in the country and people were out for weeks. Cuomo was a total wimp with them.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:53 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,788,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Jeff Bezo's Post is not a credible news source.
Fine, go through the details on the final bill yourself and produce an analysis.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:54 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
only Brietbart is "real news" right?

The confirmation bias on this site knows no limit...
It's about the truth. Try it on for size.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:54 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
When people were in need in the northeast, several TX senators and congressmen sent them a message of *********! I however feel that representatives from other states have far more empathy and decency and would not do such a cruel heartless thing to the citizens of Texas.
Not several, but pretty much all of them. All but one Texas GOP lawmaker opposed the Sandy aid.

Now that its their own State, they are saying there is no time to play politics.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:56 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,597,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Futures are up 10-15 cents. People east of the Rockies, especially midwest and southeast, should see that in days. Western supplies are less impacted but if history is a guide, prices there will rise in "collusion". Oil infrastructure is likely largely intact, but power and getting workers to the facilities is a major hurdle to getting back online.
As of Tuesday afternoon, it was up about .40 in Central Kentucky. I topped off and filled gas cans on Thursday, so we don't need to buy agan until next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
"Real Republican" at this point means a globalist that wears red instead of blue.

I get why trump turns people off. He's definitely a flawed individual. But it's important to separate trump the man from why people voted for trump. MANY people voted not for trump the man but against the "real Republicans" who have sold them out for a generation.
That doesn't make any sense. What do you mean, "separate him from the reasons you voted for him"? What difference do the "reasons" make if you know damned well that the man you are voting for is an ignorant, corrupt, incompetent sociopath who is completely incapable of doing what you elected him to do? And let's face it - anyone who spent more than 3 seconds looking at the man and didn't realize what a complete catastrophe he was has no business voting.

Jesus, the pathetic excuses you people make as you try to justify electing that incompetent, psychotic, ignorant buffoon...

Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I love to see the cooperation from around the country, utility workers, fire departments, first responders. I understand there are severe blood shortages and they are holding drives in other states to help out.
Typically, organized out of area responders are eventually reimbursed for their costs. Many responders are " on the clock" during the commute and response.

Not talking about Red Cross , here.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:58 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,049,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
All but one Texas Republican in Congress voted against a $50.5 billion Hurricane Sandy relief package in 2013.

Those same GOP reps now demand immediate relief for their constituents.

What they fail to realize is that we're all Americans. Sometimes Americans need help and "bootstraps" aren't enough. They're all hypocrites who lack empathy and simply want to maintain political power.

Ted Cruz Opposes Hurricane Sandy Relief, Gets called out by Reporter
They didn't deny immediate aid after Sandy they voted against the 50 billion aid package.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
There's always two sides to every story and every decision made. This is a good example. Sometimes there really isn't one answer/solution that is clearly better than the other.
Ain't that the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies