Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 05:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
LOL, you liberals are so funny

There's no way the clintons or 0bama would donate and not let the world know about it. We'll have to wait and see if they can let go of their greed long enough to part with some cash. I'm not holding my breath.
Yes, you liberals are so funny, assuming there is no way someone would do something, which is very easy to do.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:27 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Might want to check exactly where Trump's money is coming from..as he has a certain 'history' regarding charitable donations..and taking the credit for what turned out to be other people's money.
Neither you or I have anyway of discerning "where Trump's money is coming from", but appears you also have a problem with Clinton and Obama taking credit for handing out other peoples money. Reps to you

Old 09-01-2017, 05:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
We just had a thread like this and it was closed since it was nothing but yet another thread trying to praise Trump because he's giving some pittance of his ill-gotten gains to charity to buy votes. Of course, I'll try to ignore the fact that the only posts that were deleted were those created by non-right wing extremists... the bias on this forum is so laughably obvious.

For your information, OP, the Clinton Foundation is already at work in Houston, and I'm sure Obama will do what he can, also. Of course, he's not worth billions of dollars thanks to crooked business deals, so he may not be able to "give" as much as Trump, lol.
Oh, I get it. We can have threads that trash and bash Trump, but we can't have threads that put him in a positive light and show him for the man he really is?

He also gave $25,000 to Sgt. Tahmooressi to help him get back on his feet after he got him released from Mexican prison, when Obama would do nothing.

Do you have some source for your claim of Trump's "crooked business deals" that we could examine for truthfulness and accuracy? I'd like to see where you are getting your information.

What do you think of Hillary's "pay for play" schemes? Did you think those were all on the "up and up?"

Obama is generating huge amounts of money in speaking fees (I don't know who would want to listen to his B.S.) so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for him to donate a million.

Thanks for showing your extreme bias.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:31 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, I get it. We can have threads that trash and bash Trump, but we can't have threads that put him in a positive light and show him for the man he really is?
We know what type of man Trump is - those are the threads that rightfully bash him.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if he actually pays this money. He didn't the last time he "donated" to charity until the "eeeeevil" media got on him about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8412c952809d

As for my bias, yes. I hate Trump because I hate corrupt, lying, thieving, bigoted idiots like him. And I'm tired of watching people post silliness on this forum that basically says, "Look - Trump did something that wasn't evil or stupid - that makes him a great person!" No, it doesn't. You can't buy honor - and he has none - even if you can buy votes.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:

Thanks for showing your extreme bias.

Um isn't that what your doing here with this thread?

Old 09-01-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Did or didn't Trump fake his appearance in Texas? Shouldn't you be more worried about having a CURRENT president who lies about such things?

That's the problem with the two parties you would rather complain about what the last president did then what the current president isn't doing. Obama did this or he didn't do this. Like two siblings whining about who hit who first. You have no problem taking credit for what Obama did but take no responsibility for what the current president is or isn't doing.

Grow up.
"Fake his appearance?" He was in Texas, and I watched some of his meeting with State officials (including Gov. Abbot and Sen. Ted Cruz) live. You call that "fake?"

No one would take credit for anything Obama did. No one would hang such an albatross around their neck.
He made the mess Trump is having to clean up.

Thank God we have a real President again that puts America first.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:42 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
President Trump is donating $1 M of his own money for Harvey relief. But don't hold your breath for Clinton or Obama to follow suit.

Even so, the "mainstream" (Leftist) Media continues to focus on Melania's shoes (she wore heels when she boarded Air Force One to visit the area), and claim Trump shows "no compassion" (MSNBC). I guess they expected to see him hugging people like Obama or Clinton would have done. No, Trump is more "let's get to work" oriented. That isn't what they want. Liberals are moved by emotion, not real action.

But let's see if Obama or Clinton offer donations of their own money to help the victims. So far, has been their response.
maybe already have - quietly so folks cant b--tch

Old 09-01-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Finally, do remember that Trump pays neither his taxes, his employees, or his contractors. So, if anybody is going to be blasted for not paying his debts or giving away "other people's money," it's him, not Obama, Hillary, or whoever the latest right-wing boogieman may be.
Sources? Where's your proof that Trump doesn't pay his taxes. Rachel "Madcow" proved he did.

Let's see your sources for your other allegations. Post them here. Go!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:44 AM

57,267 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Um isn't that what your doing here with this thread?
Yes he wanted to make believe that no other presidents donated and trump is truly altruistic.
The usual formula, democrats bad, Trump good.

Maybe he has a list of all the donors.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:45 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Neither you or I have anyway of discerning "where Trump's money is coming from", but appears you also have a problem with Clinton and Obama taking credit for handing out other peoples money. Reps to you
I do..if you mean doing as Trump has done..and taken credit for charitable donations that were not, in fact, really by him.

As I suspect, however, if referring to their actions in office..I'm assuming that the Clinton you are talking about is Bill....would depend on the program and how effective it was. Head Start and Highway infrastructure I like...Defense boondoggles and Pork...I do not.

Would point out that the bulk of monies 'handed out' is by Congress..but as both served..they can shoulder that weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies