Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:56 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The facts are there you just don't use them.I apologise if your insulted but I can't help how you feel about yourself.
I feel great. I'm as happy as can be. Winning has that effect. I enjoy "MAGA"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 08:59 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
The civil war and slavery is nothing but history to me (my ancestors were all in Europe at that time). My feeling is that that was then, what was right then we've corrected and made it wrong now, and we no longer believe in slavery or any one race being "supreme" over another. That being said, I personally see the Confederate flag as no longer being a relic from the past but instead being a new symbol of political correctness gone mad. I think I'll buy one for that reason alone.
While you're at it, why don't you try recapture the innocence of white hoods and fiery lawn ornaments. That'll really stick it to those PC culture warriors...

Old 08-27-2017, 09:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because nothing says let's try to work together than becoming more divided. MAGA!!!!!!

That's why we need a President who is truly interested in uniting us.

Problem -- I believe it works better for Trump to have this division.
Well, it does work better for him. It revs up his base. We'll see if it works better in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I'm not for any of those things, but do you want to outlaw free expression for those that do? What will you think when the tables turn, and your precious Diversity, Multi Culturalism, and Open Borders is outlawed?

Oh wait, Open Borders has been outlawed since the beginning, Obama just broke the law.
Nope. I hope any of my neighbors who are still fighting the civil war - fly that flag high so I know who they are. And, if they want to wear a white hood - that's good too. Or perhaps have one of those little black statutes in their yard. Yeah - go all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Gun sales went through the roof because we had a black president. There were no new gun laws.
But they are convinced there were. And the gun manufacturers LOVE them for it. Gun sales are down - so the NRA is trying to whip up some enthusiasm for more gun buyers.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Revving up his base should not be his goal. He won't lose those people -- EVER....but he has to try to keep moderate Republicans and convince people that don't identify as liberal or Democratic necessarily that he can do this. So far, so not so good

Old 08-27-2017, 09:07 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I feel great. I'm as happy as can be. Winning has that effect. I enjoy "MAGA"

kool/aid will do that to you.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:09 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
If the Democrats could have passed new, more restrictive gun laws they would have. If Hillary had won, and had a Democrat majority in Congress they would have. She would have appointed more far left activist Justices like Kagan, Sotomayor, and Ginsberg to uphold the gun bans, and confiscations. She said as much during her campaign. It was yet ANOTHER reason SHE LOST.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If the Democrats could have passed new, more restrictive gun laws they would have. If Hillary had won, and had a Democrat majority in Congress they would have. She would have appointed more far left activist Justices like Kagan, Sotomayor, and Ginsberg to uphold the gun bans, and confiscations. She said as much during her campaign. It was yet ANOTHER reason SHE LOST.
No,but it seems to make you happy to go with woulda,shoulda,coulda.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:20 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No,but it seems to make you happy to go with woulda,shoulda,coulda.
Some of us have a little vision. It doesn't take much when they TELL YOU what they are going to do.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, it does work better for him. It revs up his base. We'll see if it works better in 2020.

Nope. I hope any of my neighbors who are still fighting the civil war - fly that flag high so I know who they are. And, if they want to wear a white hood - that's good too. Or perhaps have one of those little black statutes in their yard. Yeah - go all out.

But they are convinced there were. And the gun manufacturers LOVE them for it. Gun sales are down - so the NRA is trying to whip up some enthusiasm for more gun buyers.
Maybe they should come out with a line of Dixie guns--put little confederate flag decals on them or do the gun in the fashion colors of the flag. I'm sure Ivanka would assist with the design and chinese manufacturing. In fact, I would not be surprised if she did a line of confederate flag shoes. Make that flag kitchy.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:26 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So you know nothing about history, let alone current events. You know what they say about leaving no doubt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You fly one, you support that the country engaged in 300 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation, and all the loser white nationalists today. It's that simple. That is what it stands for, and if you are so petty that your whole moral compass is based on upsetting your perceived political opponents, you are a failed human being.
Why are you so interested in controlling the behavior of people in another country? You live in Mexico, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies