Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
No. Just a realistic example. You do know GONE WITH THE WIND was written using a family member's personal diary? What explains a lot is your refusal to believe the truth that Southerners have known for years. What you don't like about it is that it ruins your myth that they were really mean people. KKK were protectors of the people being abused by the North and newly freed blacks. It was a troubled and dangerous time for those who lived in a mixed area.
You may want to read up an Margret Mitchell before you lean on her as your antebellum fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:25 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The quarterly newsletter from your local KKK chapter is NOT a history book. FYI...
Are you referring this to me? You've lost your mind if you think I am in any way connected to the KKK. Just because I was taught history which most people on here don't have a clue about does not mean I am in any way connected to the KKK. I find your post both insulting and ignorant. Like so many of the news agencies lately it is purely your way to try to discredit me because you realize I am right.

KKK and BLM have only one difference and that is color. They were both formed to protect a particular group. Neither group is needed today.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Even if you assume the "both sides" line about Charlottesville, the violence of both cancels each other out.

Which leaves ideology. The alt-right attracts (if not IS) people who wish to return to 1950-something with regard to race relations. The Antifa and BLM seek to address policy and cultural issues that stack the deck against minorities (police brutality in general and the disproportionate use of intense force against minorities in particular, which implicitly addresses other cultural attitudes against minorities in general, particularly poor ones). You treat certain people like feces long enough and severe enough, they're gonna reassert themselves - naturally the powers-that-be (culturally or institutionally) will rationalize and excuse their behavior as "they are starting it". History's seen this kind of thing before, even labor unions vs management and the Pinkerton Detectives.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
No. Just a realistic example. You do know GONE WITH THE WIND was written using a family member's personal diary? What explains a lot is your refusal to believe the truth that Southerners have known for years. What you don't like about it is that it ruins your myth that they were really mean people. KKK were protectors of the people being abused by the North and newly freed blacks. It was a troubled and dangerous time for those who lived in a mixed area.
The Wizard of Oz was based on political, social and economic events of the time.

Flying monkeys are actually very good helpful beings.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Are you referring this to me? You've lost your mind if you think I am in any way connected to the KKK. Just because I was taught history which most people on here don't have a clue about does not mean I am in any way connected to the KKK. I find your post both insulting and ignorant. Like so many of the news agencies lately it is purely your way to try to discredit me because you realize I am right.

KKK and BLM have only one difference and that is color. They were both formed to protect a particular group. Neither group is needed today.
Yes, I was referring to you. Your posts are insulting and ignorant. Like others have suggested - read a book.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
The KKK weren't "mean"? I guess lynching people doesn't count as mean to you?

Lady, newly freed blacks were trying as hard as they could to distance themselves from the white people that had enslaved them. Newly freed blacks weren't going around abusing anyone.

what planet do you live on?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 PM

296 posts, read 232,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Do you know what a lynching is by any chance. Call me when antifa is going into people's houses in the middle of the night dragging people out and lynching them.
They are violent, dangerous and full of hate. Just wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if they lynch someone in the future.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:54 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Antifa is different from the KKK and White Nationalists in that those extreme right wing people are actually advocating violence or violent removal and/or denial of civil rights of whole groups of people in the US. (Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Gays, etc.) Antifa apparently feels that many police departments are not protecting communities from these groups and sometimes sympathize with them, so they are taking into their own hands. If the extreme right would not be demonstrating or perpetrating violence, Antifa would not exist. So I don't think they are moral equivalents at all. BUT I know that Antifa gets violent sometimes, and I think that is wrong. It is one thing to guard communities; it is another to go out against people with bats. I truely wish they would not do that. It makes a bad situation worse. I think we should be demonstrating against hate with NON-VIOLENT means.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
They are violent, dangerous and full of hate. Just wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if they lynch someone in the future.
Sapphire 1 meet NCN Country Girl. you two should get along just fine. maybe go and enjoy life on a plantation.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:44 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Antifa and the supremacists are on opposite sides of the same coin.

Supremacists doesn't want black or brown. (even though, now but not in the past, they have both black and brown in their ranks)
Antifa doesn't want white. (even though the majority of antifa is white)

Supremacists want separation, in this country, with people like Sanger who wanted to eradicate non-whites through abortion.
Antifa wants white people eradicated through abortion and birth control, not just in this country but worldwide.

Both groups are despicable. Both groups should be denounce by everyone.

I have seen some posters on here claiming that antifa are 'good citizens' .. yeah, I dare those who think that to walk up to a group of antifa and tell them "You're great American citizens" .. if you do, be sure to come back in here with pictures of your bruises and broken bones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies