Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 12:46 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What events would you suggest?
I'm pointing out that they aren't anarchists who hate every side. If they were, they'd be protesting both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
What? If I knew that the probability of getting in a fatal car accident was higher tomorrow...I'd choose to work from home. This idiot should have known that the probability of confrontation was heightened due to the nature of the protest/counter. A normal person with a brain would choose to not put themselves in situations where they would not be assaulted, raped, etc.

The old fart should have used his head.

...PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
So just let them squash all dissenting opinions? The right wing group has as much right to protest as anyone else.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm pointing out that they aren't anarchists who hate every side. If they were, they'd be protesting both sides.
You specifically said that they were not protesting DNC events. I asked you what DNC events did they not protest that you feel they should have?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You specifically said that they were not protesting DNC events. I asked you what DNC events did they not protest that you feel they should have?
I specifically said Ringo's words, and if as he says they are anarchists who hate every side, then why aren't they protesting both sides?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:27 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Quote:
So just let them squash all dissenting opinions? The right wing group has as much right to protest as anyone else.
I'm all for shutting up the far right and far left. Throw them all in the trash

Old 08-29-2017, 02:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't support the violence, but people who go to Berkeley to hold pro-Trump rallies are looking for a fight. There's no other reason to hold such an event there.
So free speech can only be had in certain cities now?
Anyone in Berzerkely who doesn't adhere to the Berzerkely group think should leave town to speak, is that what you're saying?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:13 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Exactly! I was talking with a friend of mine who lives in Texas a few weeks back and he mentioned this about the car being attacked which prompted the guy to floor it, ultimately rear-ending the car being attacked by the mob in front of him, which killed the woman protester standing between the two cars. It was the first time I had heard about these type of details. From all I read and heard on the local media in my area is the guy came out of no where and just ran his car through the crowd. With that version of the events, I had the opinion that the driver of that car was a crazed murderer. But with this new and more detailed information, it does appear his intentions were not to hurt/kill anyone, just wanting to get the hell out of a mob that was hell-bent on harming him or even worse.

Got to hand it to the media and their following, they can sure twist a story into a real bad thing and in line with their agenda when they really want to.
Exactly. The MSM peddled version of the incident contains selectively edited video that doesn't show Fields' car slowing down before it was attacked, and then subsequently accelerating forward to flee that attack. There's video evidence of the actual sequence of events, and this will all come out at trial.

The MSM reported a completely false narrative and many have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
This is what you said.

Quote:
So why are they not protesting the DNC events as Ringo mentioned? Think! I don't think they like the corporate wing of the Democrats, but they're probably fine with the Bernie Sanders wing. They are the Bernie Sanders wing.
If you wish to make a different point than the one you did, fine. There has to have been events to protest to say they are not protesting them.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:44 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Let's throw a few flags on this one:......

- At the same time, far too many people on the right are desperate to defend Nazis, Klansman, and other bigots. Funny how that works. Everyone from the Coward in Chief to people all over these forums are happily making insane statements like claiming the Klan isn't violent or some other idiocy. You don't see any of that from the left. I wonder why?
What??

Please quote one freaking post that suggests that anyone on the right is defending Nazi's and Klansman. (much less are "desperate" to defend them).

Please provide one freaking link that suggests that Trump (or anyone else) made a statement claiming the Klan isn't violent.

The Klan & Nazi's are awful and evil. 99% of moderates and 99% of Conservatives know this and believe this. For your post to suggest otherwise is inaccurate & inflammatory. The post is a whopper & is filled with lies.

Thankfully there are less than one tenth of 1% of the population who are Nazi's or KKK. (& they are neutered and irrelevant.....no matter now much attention certain idiots give them.)

But unfortunately, 20% of the population are whiny progressives talking trash, who are OK with being $20 Trillion in debt, are propping up (& giving attention to) the KKK, & appear to enjoy beating & macing little old ladies & little old men....along with posting untruths (that are Whoppers & inaccurate) about the other 80% of us.

But every day that number gets smaller because people see thru the lies and silliness and most thinking people (& all people busy raising a family) want nothing to do with weenies wearing masks who beat up on defenseless people with sticks (when outnumbering them 10-1).

Old 08-29-2017, 02:52 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
I specifically said Ringo's words, and if as he says they are anarchists who hate every side, then why aren't they protesting both sides?
Well that might be because the other side consists of oppressed minorities..BLM, La Raza, Black Panthers, etc. They are militant far leftists. They are against capitalism, oppression of minorities, government rule, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies