Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 08:03 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

Even my Trump-a-loon neighbor who went says it was no where near full. That strikes me as odd because there was a YUGE line queued up before it began and some Trumpies were on TV claiming they could not get in. You did need tickets to get in so maybe those turned away did not have them. I read that there was a nationwide effort by the lefties to sign up for tickets and then not show. Anyway, it is a point of civic pride that Trump was disappointed enough in his Phoenix turnout to fire the organizer.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
10,000 people in 110 degree heat. It was a success.
You should let Trump know. Obviously, he's badly informed about the success of his own rally.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:20 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump fires George Gigicos after Phoenix rally fails to meet his standards

What a pathetic, egotistical loser Trump is. His Phoenix rally was pathetically small (which Trump lied about of course), and people left early due to boredom, so Trump fired the guy who is supposed to provide big rallies to fuel his ego.

Trump is incapable of taking responsibility for a single thing, ever.

Sparse crowd put Trump in foul mood before delivering remarks
Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.
TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...phoenix-speech

PUTRIFYING NUT-JOB!

Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 AM
JRR

8,164 posts, read 5,657,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
10,000 people in 110 degree heat. It was a success.
20,000 showed up for a pro-Nazi rally in New York in 1939. Surely Trump should be able to get a larger crowd than that group.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:57 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Sparse crowd put Trump in foul mood before delivering remarks
Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.
TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...phoenix-speech

PUTRIFYING NUT-JOB!
Whoa, that must have really messed with his head.

I am reminded how Anderson Cooper had said, that when he had interviewed him on screen some time ago, Rump wanted to sit afterward viewing the entire interview with the sound off, just to see how he appeared. Apparently, he figured he didn't need to hear himself, since y'know, he "has the perfect words" and all ....

Wait until very few show up at a rally...he will suddenly abort rather than stand there and be humiliated and never try rallies again. Then he would say something like he "no longer needs to do that, since he KNOWS he has everyone's support".

Old 08-29-2017, 08:59 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
20,000 showed up for a pro-Nazi rally in New York in 1939. Surely Trump should be able to get a larger crowd than that group.
Were you there in 1939 attending that pro-Nazi rally? Seems kinda messed up

Old 08-29-2017, 09:00 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Even my Trump-a-loon neighbor who went says it was no where near full. That strikes me as odd because there was a YUGE line queued up before it began and some Trumpies were on TV claiming they could not get in. You did need tickets to get in so maybe those turned away did not have them. I read that there was a nationwide effort by the lefties to sign up for tickets and then not show. Anyway, it is a point of civic pride that Trump was disappointed enough in his Phoenix turnout to fire the organizer.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:04 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
To what end? So Trump holds the umpteenth rally at a state that voted for him in 2016. Let's say the stadium is filled to capacity and the audience is hanging on to his every word. So what? He held a meeting in a room full of his groupies; that's all. An hour later, he flies back to his resort or the White House on Air Force One and not a thing has changed.
Absolutely.

Except for his ego being bolstered, slightly. (Only to come down off of his high, when needing to tweet, defensively).

Old 08-29-2017, 10:05 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
I have a Trump supporting family member that went to the rally in Phoenix. He said that the room was only about 50% full when Trump started speaking and that several hundred people left before he was done. They were using a large open room but had placed a divider in the middle to funnel the crowd into a much smaller space. He also attended Trump rallies during the campaign and he said that it is obvious that Trump's crowds are getting smaller and are much less enthusiastic now. I heard that many of the people that were turned away at the door arrived without tickets after hearing online that Trump was paying extras to act like part of the crowd.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You should let Trump know. Obviously, he's badly informed about the success of his own rally.
It wasn't 10,000 people. The capacity was only 4000, and half the room was empty. And many that were there left early due to boredom. Trump supporters lie as much as Trump does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies