Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 11:16 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times

Advertisements

This is a employed professor at dartmouth who supports antifa/communists. If he said he believed violence against democrats at party rallies was ethical and he supported nazis, would he still be employed at a university and on nbc?

https://twitter.com/JBurtonXP/status/902202972989480960
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
It's getting harder and harder for the Left/Democrats/DNC to deny their hatred and racism when the very people they look up to and the news they watch support these sentiments. At this rate they will not win another election again in 50 years or more.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
This is the source interview:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Q: You wrote in your book: "At the heart of the anti-fascist outlook is a rejection of the classical liberal phrase incorrectly ascribed to Voltaire that says I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." What do you mean by that?

A: Anti-fascists are illiberal. They don't see fascism or white supremacy as a view with which they disagree as a difference of opinion. They view organizing against them as a political struggle where the goal is not to establish a regime of rights that allow neo-Nazis and victims to coexist and exchange discourse, but rather the goal is to end their politics.

Q: Dartmouth’s president put out a statement distancing the school from your remarks, saying they don't support violence of any kind. You also faced a lot of criticism in the conservative press, saying you were defending offensive violence against fascists. How would you respond to that criticism?

A: I believe that the statement oversimplifies and distorts and decontextualizes my arguments. Because I’m not against free speech, I’m against those who are trying to shut down free speech, and I think it’s in the interests of humanity and diversity to try to prevent those who want to murder much of the population from being able to get anywhere near doing that. I wouldn’t characterize my political perspective as being "violent protests" so much as community self defense.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:24 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,289 times
Second World War was an ANTIFA war from USA/UK/Russia against Italian Facist, Japanese Imperialists, and German Nazis.

So, it troubles me to know that to be ANTIFA is equal to be Anti USA... WTF!!

Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Second World War was an ANTIFA war from USA/UK/Russia against Italian Facist, Japanese Imperialists, and German Nazis.

Communist Soviet style antifa is not welcome here

Old 08-29-2017, 11:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
And Trump feels violence against his critics is acceptable.

I never heard of the guy and as long as he doesn't hold public office I really don't care, thankfully he has no influence and no followers.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post

No it wasn't. Soldiers didn't go into towns and cities and start beating up the citizens. That might be how the Mexican military works but not here.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:33 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is the source interview:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Q: You wrote in your book: "At the heart of the anti-fascist outlook is a rejection of the classical liberal phrase incorrectly ascribed to Voltaire that says I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." What do you mean by that?

A: Anti-fascists are illiberal. They don't see fascism or white supremacy as a view with which they disagree as a difference of opinion. They view organizing against them as a political struggle where the goal is not to establish a regime of rights that allow neo-Nazis and victims to coexist and exchange discourse, but rather the goal is to end their politics.

Q: Dartmouth’s president put out a statement distancing the school from your remarks, saying they don't support violence of any kind. You also faced a lot of criticism in the conservative press, saying you were defending offensive violence against fascists. How would you respond to that criticism?

A: I believe that the statement oversimplifies and distorts and decontextualizes my arguments. Because I’m not against free speech, I’m against those who are trying to shut down free speech, and I think it’s in the interests of humanity and diversity to try to prevent those who want to murder much of the population from being able to get anywhere near doing that. I wouldn’t characterize my political perspective as being "violent protests" so much as community self defense.
I love his comment that he is not against free speech, oh really. Most of the people antifa are attacking are republicans who voted for the president of the united states.

Who was it that rioted in San jose Chicago and all over and attacked Trump supporters throughout the 2016 presidential campaign? It was Antifa and blm and hispanic hate groups

Who was it that rioted in Washington, DC during Trump’s inauguration? It was Antifa

Who was it that rioted in Berkeley over a MILO speech? It was Antifa and blm.

Who was it that attempted to shut down Ben Shapiro, Ann Coulter, MILO, Charles Murray, Jordan Peterson and countless other speakers on college campuses? It was Antifa

Republicans are getting gunned down on a baseball field by white supremacists? Nope

Who was it that attacked police officers in Boston with feces and urine in a violent, feral mob 2,000 strong? It was Antifa

Who rioted in the streets when President Trump spoke in Phoenix? It was Antifa

Who has nothing better to do than to vandalize monuments all over the United States under the cover of darkness? It is Antifa

Who threatened to use violence to successfully shutdown a Republican parade in Portland? It was Antifa,

Who rioted on May Day all over the United States? It was Antifa

Who routinely attacks journalists in Charlottesville, Richmond, all over the United States and in Canada and Western Europe? It is Antifa

Who has a reputation for looting Starbuck’s and other businesses in order to express their "political views"? It is Antifa

Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
The slippery slope is that it is "self defense" to attack people who are prejudicial of you or others, because prejudice can only lead to murder.

The Nation of Islam hates white people, but is it the goal of every person involved to murder white people? I"m sure some people within secretly crave to kill white people but how many ever act on it? I don't think unless they openly condone murder of white people that the NOI should not be allowed to express their opinion..I'm free to call them hate filled a-holes.

Likewise, white nationalists/white supremacists, as long as the don't openly condone killing minorities, shouldn't have their speech infringed upon. Call them hate filled a-holes, but keep your hands to yourselves.

...because eventually you get to the point where something like being opposed to taxes makes you a racist murderer who should be punched in the face, based on "context".

Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Communist Soviet style antifa is not welcome here
He apparently thinks they are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies