Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,413,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
For example, no reason a ex president should be getting 250,000 a year after he finishes office.
No, that's WAY above what a comparable private sector executive might receive.

Quote:
I would also like to see what the average pay for elected officials in Washington happens to be.
Their salaries are determined by law. President = $400,000. Vice President = $221,100. Senators and Congresspersons = $169,300.

Quote:
Also, the lobbiest crap needs to be banned or out lawed or something.
The right to petition the government for redress of grievances is protected by the first amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,725,107 times
Quote:
I guess you skipped over the part about you doing your own research then?

Again I don't necessarily believe in any of these things nor do I care. At the end of the day there is little to nothing any one on these boards can do about this stuff. (if it is true)
If I had enough free time to investigate every insane theory I hear maybe I would. I prefer common sense, call me crazy.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,326,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, that's WAY above what a comparable private sector executive might receive.

Their salaries are determined by law. President = $400,000. Vice President = $221,100. Senators and Congresspersons = $169,300.

The right to petition the government for redress of grievances is protected by the first amendment.
those salaries are ridiculous *shakes head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
If I had enough free time to investigate every insane theory I hear maybe I would. I prefer common sense, call me crazy.
Oh, I see what you did there.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:51 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,122,311 times
Quote:
Are those the only two possible choices? These concepts are mutually exclusive?
Well another option is to continue what we're doing. We're helping to destroy the global economy, we're turning people against us, we're destroying several countries and our own in the process. I suppose if we can't have prosperity, no one should.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,122,311 times
Quote:
You really expect me to research claims bases on conspiracy theories and paranoia?

Was 9/11 a conspiracy too?
I don't expect you to do anything. You can continue to make claims that anything not reported by the media is a conspiracy. You can continue to make claims that anything outside of the "normal" realm of information is a conspiracy. Or, you can do a little research and decide for yourself. That's what I would suggest, but it's apparent you're happy where you are.

As for 9/11, I believe warnings were ignored because we are an arrogant bunch that thinks no one can touch us. #1 and all that. I believe a group of neoconservatives seized the horrible event as a way to push their own policies into place thinking that they could eradicate the world of militant Islam. IMO, one group of extremists is no better than another. Will we continue to allow our rights protected by the Constitution to be removed all for the sake of perceived security? Probably.

The guy that planted a bomb in NYC last week could have just as easily had a much larger bomb, maybe even a nuke. There's no way to stop individuals determined to hurt us. Giving up our rights is never a good thing.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
How do you think grocery store affiliation cards fit in with the War on Terror?
Grocery store cards are not the same as the RealID. Read up on it.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:28 AM

223 posts, read 495,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrometheus View Post
Well said and powerful, powerful stuff!

I would only add two things. 1.) Bush is VERY MUCH in on the whole evil thing. And 2.) The Jews and Israel (gosh, why does everyone want to pick on them!) are not responsible for what is and what's about to chop our heads off.
Bush and company are trying there best to bring on Armageddon.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:28 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,629,449 times
Quote:
You really expect me to research claims bases on conspiracy theories and paranoia?

Was 9/11 a conspiracy too?
Absolutely it was a conspiracy. They planned the attack ;there was more than four involved and they did somethng in furthernace of implementing the plan. Was this question a joke because it was pretty silly; or you just did not know?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,413,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Grocery store cards are not the same as the RealID. Read up on it.
So, what's your best source on RealID? Meanwhile, I was questioning your idea that our freedoms and rights are slowly erroding away in the name of War on Terror. Might be some other ways as well...

Old 03-16-2008, 10:55 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,725,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Absolutely it was a conspiracy. They planned the attack ;there was more than four involved and they did somethng in furthernace of implementing the plan. Was this question a joke because it was pretty silly; or you just did not know?
9/11 a conspiracy? You've got to be kidding, you really think that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies