U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 12,423,183 times

Advertisements

As an avowed independent I have the joy of liberty to have full freedom of thought. I donít have to believe something because I am told to by a political party, media, union or otherwise. I have no position I feel I have to defend (even if I know itís wrong). I can look at a situation and see if either side is right or wrong. Not that Iím always right, but it does help in understanding issues. To that end I have a few thoughts on the war on terror. I believe that both the Clinton (general liberal view) and the Bush (general conservative view) administrations have been overall wrong in its approach to this war and propose a solution. First, letís visit the two views on fighting this war.

Clinton (general liberal view)- Appeasement. Basically, itís a diplomatic approach. Oh sure, occasionally thereís some tough rhetoric and maybe even a missile lobbed in to satisfy the electorate at home, but itís all about appeasing the enemy. It led to WWII as it led to 911. Diplomacy has itís positive points, but when one is dealing with literal insanity, it doesnít go far. We agreed not to directly spy on them, stop all efforts to infiltrate and even saw to it weapons passed more freely, if only they would leave us alone. Now, the liberals in congress want to return to some of the basic tenets of appeasement. Will we ever learn?

Bush (general conservative view)- Invade & conquer. Oh, it makes for a great show initially. But he has found out that terrorists are not confined by borders. They are not a nation, tribe, people or religion. They are a group of insane people with no true agenda aside from murdering innocent people. When they canít easily kill their supposedly avowed enemies, they turn on their bothers & sisters and murder them for kicks.

The result of both approaches is that in each, thousands of innocent people needlessly died.

What I propose will be sure to offend. It has to. Weíre fighting a global war against insane & deranged people. Sensitivities have to be set aside if are to really get an upper hand. Here is my multi-pronged approach:

1) Intelligence- spy spy spy and then spy some more. Leave no stone unturned. Infiltrate if at all possible. Let our common enemies (of both us & terrorists) be our friend for this war.

2) Money- Doggedly chase after all money supplies and disrupt it to the fullest extent possible with every available method and means.

3) Attack- Is there a terrorist base? Give that government a 5 minute warning and a missile is coming in to destroy it. Countries who harbor terrorists are no longer considered sovereign. That right has been forfeited.

4) Attack II- Personally. Ever wonder why in the old Russian communist regime (not the new one under Putin) had so few attacks on their citizens? Simple. When Vlady was killed by a terrorist named Achmed a funny thing started to happen. About 3 weeks later some distant relatives turned up dead. A couple of weeks later a few direct relatives. A couple of weeks later his parents. Then his sister and family would be brutally murdered. Then his wife & kids. If, by then, poor Achmed hadnít killed himself, that too would be rectified. It makes a difference. Add to that, if terroristís wives start to wake up and roll over to find their terrorist husbands with a terminal case of throat slititis, they arenít going to be so quick to let their kids grow up to be terrorists. And theyíll get a lot of family support.

We have to hit them first. And hit them and hit them and hit them. Itís the one and only language they understand. There are times when brutality has to be met with brutality for the madness to stop- or nearly so. If 4 people kicked in the door of my house and I can see two have guns, and I have a gun, if possible, all 4 of them are going down. Period. Iíll save my life, the life of my family, the lives of some people I donít even know, and sleep a lot better at night knowing 4 insane people are no longer around. It works better that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 11:01 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,177,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
What I propose will be sure to offend. It has to. Weíre fighting a global war against insane & deranged people.
Please tell me you're talking about the US, if not, then you have no desire whatsoever to end terrorism, you're post is nothing more than pure fantasy.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:10 PM

14,320 posts, read 15,143,358 times
I think we should just give them anything they want. Then they'll like us and go away.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,807,884 times
Somehow I find fighting terror with even more terror illogical.
Btw:Who watches the watchmen?,or in this specific case the Americans who, like the terrorists they fight, also use terror?
I mean threatening to blow someone up is an effective use of terror, whether you are threatened by the terrorist or by an American soldier.

I still think that it is oil which is the cause for the mess we find ourselves in.
So if those who possess the oil would share the wealth so that there is no more poverty in the Middle East (which should easily be possible with the amount of money that is floating there) there would be no cause to blame America or the whole western world for the fact that the wealth there is very unevenly distributed.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times
Exactly because it is like gold and getting more and more limited and more expensive to get to.Without oil and other entergy then evrything stops.I fact if you go to saidi you will find that saudi really do no labor.They have other araba's do the physical work.But they know one day the oil there will runout and if you look you will find they are putting alot of their money in other areas like destination resorts.Their resorts make begas look like a cheap tourist trap.Other than oil they haveno raw materials to promote.We do not control much of the oil and certainny not the amount we bult or society around.We cab repalce oil when necessay much the replacement may not be cheap as oil.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,273,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Exactly because it is like gold and getting more and more limited and more expensive to get to.Without oil and other entergy then evrything stops.I fact if you go to saidi you will find that saudi really do no labor.They have other araba's do the physical work.But they know one day the oil there will runout and if you look you will find they are putting alot of their money in other areas like destination resorts.Their resorts make begas look like a cheap tourist trap.Other than oil they haveno raw materials to promote.We do not control much of the oil and certainny not the amount we bult or society around.We cab repalce oil when necessay much the replacement may not be cheap as oil.
You must be thinking of the UAE. Saudi Arabia has no interest in tourists. They consider alcohol to be in the same class as heroin there and anyone familiar with Saudi law can tell you that means that possession and sale of alcohol with result in you being about a foot shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies