Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 04:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Did you miss that part?
"Under New York law, if they're together, they're loaded," says Ryan.
So why arrest her when she was LEAVING? Vindictive? Ryan is a power hungry idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 06:21 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Not that surprising. It's illegal to think about firearms in NY.

Quote:
They asked me if I had a gun license. Of course I had a license. I'm from Georgia, and everybody there's got a gun license. And they're like, well, sir, you're going to be getting arrested now."

That didn't matter, said the DA, because the gun and bullets were in the same suitcase.
"Under New York law, if they're together, they're loaded," says Ryan.
"They're loaded even if they're not loaded?!" I asked. Yes, he said.
1. A "Gun license"? .... cheesus crust, too vague for a legitimate legal situation.

2. "If they are together they are loaded", is a terrible disservice to definitions in general.

So I'm guessing that the article forgot to explain that those people were breaking one of the retarded firearms laws N.Y. has and they enforced thier punishment? Is it unknown that New York thinks guns are voodoo devil magic and passed ridiculous laws regarding them? I thought that was common knowledge?

Old 09-11-2017, 06:28 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you are comparing a small town in Texas with what? NYC or NY state? Either one is a stupid comparison.
Small town? Lol, that is a ridiculously skewed perspective and flatly incorrect.
Plano is home to over 300,000 people and part of the DFW metroplex; well over 7,000,000 residents.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And yet they chose to arrest her as she was LEAVING NY. LOL.
Well evidently it's not a crime getting on an airplane in Georgia with a gun.
The title of this thread id wrong, these people that bring guns to NYC are the idiots. Like the original article indicates there is a round one case a week. The attached link has some permitted travelers to NYC that left their guns under the mattress when they left the hotel, some real gun toting rocket scientists from the guns everywhere state of Georgia.

Quote:
The latest offender is Terell Coleman of Georgia, who allegedly left a .45 Glock under his mattress at the DoubleTree hotel in the financial district, according to a police spokesperson. A cleaning lady phoned the police at around 11 a.m. on Sunday after finding the firearm, and Coleman was subsequently cuffed and charged with criminal possession of a weapon, police said.

Another Tourist Arrested For Bringing His Gun To New York: Gothamist

Old 09-11-2017, 09:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Is Jack Ryan the biggest idiot in NY?

Not by a long shot.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
They really should require passports to enter states like NY, CA, NJ, MA, IL. Make sure to have big warning for people to know they are effectively leaving the United States and entering 3rd world hellholes where innocent, law abiding people have no right to a means to defend themselves. Where simple possession of a product that is legal by US law, the vast majority of the states, and owned by 80 million Americans, makes you an instant felon. Where the only people that have "rights" and are protected by those state governments is criminals. There ARE legitimately people that have grown up and live in the free states of this country that haven't experienced just how backwards some of these liberal crapholes actually are. They might actually think that the laws of the United States extend to those places. Silly, I know. These states should put signs at the borders-"You are entering a liberal enclave-set your clocks back 250 years". Kind of like the signs I saw in the airport in Egypt where the fact that drug law violations are punishable by death are spelled out at every entrance.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:35 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Jack Ryan? Jack Ryan is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwN-yDCjOM
LOL, beat me to it!

Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is true. You can have a legal, valid concealed carry permit from another state, and still be unable to touch a firearm in many states like NY, NJ, MD, CT, MA, CA, HI, RI, and many others. Yes it is un Constitutional, but the courts are either corrupt, or don't have the guts to do anything. You NEED to know the laws of any state like these before you go there. I pretty much state out of any state that won't recognize my permit, and does not value my Constitutionally assured rights.

I just don't even think of going there.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:13 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
BTW, did you miss this part?

Murders per 100,000;

Plano, TX where almost everybody has a gun; 1.4

NY, where only the criminals have a gun: 3.0
Yes, Plano is pretty safe. However gun violence can strike anywhere in this country, considering what happened yesterday, yes, in Plano.

Hearing all the whine about imaginary violations of constitutional rights, makes me wonder about the constitutional rights of the 7 innocent people who were just watching football.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yes, Plano is pretty safe. However gun violence can strike anywhere in this country, considering what happened yesterday, yes, in Plano.

Hearing all the whine about imaginary violations of constitutional rights, makes me wonder about the constitutional rights of the 7 innocent people who were just watching football.
Is watching football a constitutional right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies