Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times

Advertisements

Read the entire story. It should scare you to hear a DA claim that this is appropriate appropriate government behavior.
----------------
"We are not going to apologize for enforcing our gun laws," said Assistant District Attorney Jack Ryan when I confronted him about these pointless and cruel arrests. He said New York City enforces laws as "humanely and as compassionately as we can."

NYC to Gun-Owning Tourists: Drop Dead - Reason.com

Let's hope Ryan goes out of state and get's arrested for something that is not illegal. Maybe then he will understand.

In the final analysis, you are better off NOT telling the government about your gun or gun parts than complying with their rules. Or just staying away from NYC.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 01:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,078,295 times
Jack Ryan? Jack Ryan is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwN-yDCjOM

Old 09-03-2017, 01:25 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
Having a gun is against the law in NYC without a license. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. It is virtually impossible to get a gun permit in NYC and there is no reciprocity that I'm aware of to any other state.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,436,448 times
The article focuses on a Georgia resident who took her gun to New York where she broke the gun law, it was confiscated, and she was charged.

Just saying....
Firearm death rates
New York: 4.2 per 100,000
Georgia: 14.1 per 100,000

Old 09-03-2017, 01:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Read the entire story. It should scare you sh1tless to hear a DA claim that this is appropriate appropriate government behavior.
----------------
"We are not going to apologize for enforcing our gun laws," said Assistant District Attorney Jack Ryan when I confronted him about these pointless and cruel arrests. He said New York City enforces laws as "humanely and as compassionately as we can."

NYC to Gun-Owning Tourists: Drop Dead - Reason.com

Let's hope Ryan goes out of state and get's arrested for something that is not illegal. Maybe then he will understand.

In the final analysis, you are better off NOT telling the government about your gun or gun parts than complying with their rules. Or just staying away from NYC.
Many Yankees are really stupid people, but that was already a known fact.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Having a gun is against the law in NYC without a license. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. It is virtually impossible to get a gun permit in NYC and there is no reciprocity that I'm aware of to any other state.
You obviously didn't read the article.

The government told her how to pack her gun. Is government ignorance an excuse? Or should we just ignore everything the government tells us?

Old 09-03-2017, 01:30 PM

34,179 posts, read 18,487,967 times
Quote:
This is true. You can have a legal, valid concealed carry permit from another state, and still be unable to touch a firearm in many states like NY, NJ, MD, CT, MA, CA, HI, RI, and many others. Yes it is un Constitutional, but the courts are either corrupt, or don't have the guts to do anything. You NEED to know the laws of any state like these before you go there. I pretty much state out of any state that won't recognize my permit, and does not value my Constitutionally assured rights.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
And Magazines, those are against the law in yankee land also? Good Grief

Old 09-03-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is true. You can have a legal, valid concealed carry permit from another state, and still be unable to touch a firearm in many states like NY, NJ, MD, CT, MA, CA, HI, RI, and many others. Yes it is un Constitutional, but the courts are either corrupt, or don't have the guts to do anything. You NEED to know the laws of any state like these before you go there. I pretty much state out of any state that won't recognize my permit, and does not value my Constitutionally assured rights.
Well then, we finally agree 100% on something. Same here I stay out of states that do not recognize the right of a person to defend themselves and family.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The article focuses on a Georgia resident who took her gun to New York where she broke the gun law, it was confiscated, and she was charged.

Just saying....
Firearm death rates
New York: 4,2 per 100,000
Georgia: 14.1 per 100,000
you obviously didn't read the article.

She did what the government told her to do.

BTW;

Murders per 100,000;

Plano, TX where almost everybody has a gun; 1.4

NY, where only the criminals have a gun: 3.0

Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies