Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 02:21 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
So you're blaming none White people for rise of Nazism.

? Whites made up almost all the the communists and all the nazis in 1920's and 1930's Germany. Communists had overthrown the government in russia and had tried in munich, berlin and all over europe, the nazis formed as anti-Marxist and opposed to the Weimar Republic and the Treaty of Versailles. The freikorps and later the SA and Hitler were always fighting with the communists int the streets, just like today.

Communist/antifa/blm rioting and the left and the democrats politics are playing a huger role in the rise of the radical right today just like the left did in germany in the 1920s

In 1919 the early form of the nazis (DAP) had single digits in numbers, Hitler received a membership card with the number 7 in 1919. By 1920 they had grown to over 101 members, 12 years later they ran the country. That is what the radical left inspires .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Talking Wrong you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Poll finds 10 percent of Americans support the ‘alt-right’

And the other 90% have either never heard of them, or realize that there is no such thing. The "alt-right" is something made up by leftists in the Democrat party and the media, desperate to find another excuse to call Republicans names after getting soundly whipped in the Nov. 2016 elections.

Richard Spencer initially promoted the term in 2010 in reference to a movement centered on white nationalism, and did so according to the Associated Press to disguise overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism. The term drew considerable media attention and controversy during and after the 2016 US presidential election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

You DO know who Richard Spencer is, right?

Carry on.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
I suppose...congratulations are in order to the fascist, racist scum then

Old 09-05-2017, 03:17 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Funny, more dems were polled in this thread and it's all about repubs?

Maybe some of these lefties on here can show me in those graphs where it differentiates between dems and repubs....

As you may or may not have noticed, the thread title states "Americans support" not the right supports...

Again.....a lot of reading comprehension problems, on the left....

Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,067,453 times
10% seems about right. I would say about a quarter of Republicans definitely fall into the alt right views. All you have to look at who represents Republicans in the media. Breitbart is more popular than Fox News by (Alexa Rank), and while I don't like Fox news their moderate compared to Breitbart. Look at CNN it is ranked 26, Buzzfeed which isn't even a real political site as much as it is TMZ-lite is ranked 50th. Both of those are higher ranked than Breitbart and Fox though. My point is SJW propaganda doesn't even affect state politics let alone national politics yet people act like it is anywhere except a university campus. The Alt-Right is actively trying to gain political power, and as much as SJW is considered cancerous by the right, it is still mainstream and accepted, while Alt-Right politics in at least urban areas might get you fired or lead to people abandoning your business for a good reason. Because SJW talk for the most part is just talk and doesn't have a proven track record of causing the downfall of societies like Nationalism and Racial Superiority talk does.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,006 times
probably should say 10% openly support the alt-right.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:33 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,067,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny, more dems were polled in this thread and it's all about repubs?

Maybe some of these lefties on here can show me in those graphs where it differentiates between dems and repubs....

As you may or may not have noticed, the thread title states "Americans support" not the right supports...

Again.....a lot of reading comprehension problems, on the left....
Just because more Dems were polled doesn't mean anything except the numbers could be potentially higher if more Right Wingers were polled. Anyone who votes Democratic party and is a Neo Nazi or White Supremacist is an idiot as the Democratic party is home to SJWs and most minorities, Dem policies tend to be pro-immigration which is about 48% White (about 15% Non-Hispanic White) which is the opposite of what Neo-Nazis stand for so I think it is fair to Assume that 90% of those favorable to Neo-Nazis were Republicans and Independents.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:41 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Just because more Dems were polled doesn't mean anything except the numbers could be potentially higher if more Right Wingers were polled. Anyone who votes Democratic party and is a Neo Nazi or White Supremacist is an idiot as the Democratic party is home to SJWs and most minorities, Dem policies tend to be pro-immigration which is about 48% White (about 15% Non-Hispanic White) which is the opposite of what Neo-Nazis stand for so I think it is fair to Assume that 90% of those favorable to Neo-Nazis were Republicans and Independents.
So, you really don't have an answer. Congrats.....

Old 09-05-2017, 03:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
That's for sure.

Hmm well on the right it is or at least started out being stratified along self identified boundaries, as stated earlier "alt-right" started out as a self identification... even if it has since morphed.

That is another problem with labels... after they are created you cannot control who adopts them. Look at the guy who invented Pepe the frog and then killed him off when he saw the alt-right adopting it as a mascot. He definitely did not foresee that chain of events.

Alt-left on the other hand was not a self adopted label but rather a label placed on groups from people outside the group. So it makes sense that it would be more nebulous.

There are self identified groups on the left that are dangerous and worthy of derision, I would say ANTIFA being one of them. I wouldn't go so far as BLM since I do not believe the majority of people who would identify themselves as being in BLM are necessarily malicious, despite the rogue actors.

Where as I would define ANTIFA's self stated strategies as malicious, meaning you would have to at least tacitly support their actions to be part of the group.

It is not a bad thing to be against fascism... but it is a bad thing to be against fascism and willing to resort to violence of aggression (rather than defense) in your crusade against it.
Pepe is interesting LOL.

Dude creates him with benign intentions. He's on the internet for over a decade with no issues. The alt-Right adopts him. Then members of I guess the alt-Light and just outright trolls adopt him knowing how badly he ticks off anyone on the Left.

There's that morphing thing again.

I was noting this the other day when talking about the Confederate flag debate. As a conservative (though I'm an anarcho-capitalist making me a plain old non-statist) I like the idea of adopting the flag as a symbol just to tick the Left off. All of the Left.

That's pretty much what happened with Pepe after awhile. The flag is clearly a whole other ballgame with its history and whatnot but the idea is the same: just tick off the Left.

The thing with the mainstream Left is they are seen as the dominant force in mainstream media and academia. When we get crazy stories out of these places (Asian Robert Lee booted off doing a football game, the banana peel incident at Ole Miss) folks look at that as a reflection of the Left. Some might say even the pulse of the Left.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:49 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
The democrats are pretty much defined by the race advocacy groups in their party, from mainstream race groups like naacp /la raza etc to more radical antifa/blm/ , its all about pro-immigration and the browning of america and demographic change at this point, its what the democrats need to win.
lord the BOXING is actually hurting now -- how much 3M tape you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies