Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
His comment was made in regards to the president's actions on DACA, where he said he "long supported accommodations" for illegal immigrants brought here as children. DACA is a law that does just that.

Is it possible he might want changes made to DACA? Well of course. We can reasonably infer this given his issue with DACA was which branch of the government came from. If it's from the Executive branch, it's subject to the views only of a presidential administration, which is less likely to have any ideological diversity. Meanwhile, congress is [supposed to be] a place of debate, where laws can go through a process of reform.

The point was pretty clear: he does not oppose DACA more generally, but does feel it should have gone through congress. That's not a contradictory viewpoint, as you presented it.

again, stop avoiding my question.....what does "long supported accommodations" for illegal immigrants brought here as children mean?

does it means making sure they are taken care of before we send them back to their LEGAL Country and be reunited with their parents......or does it means we give them amnesty and keep them separated from their parents who are back in their native country?

the meaning of accommodation:
1. serve aid, assist, help, abet. 7. fit, suit. 8. compose, harmonize.
Fitting in with someone's wishes or demands in a helpful way.

once again, what is the meaning of "accommodation" according to immigration policy as used by Rubio and does that supersedes border security which Rubio said many times is a #1 priority before any new immigration policy is debated in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 04:37 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
again, stop avoiding my question.....what does "long supported accommodations" for illegal immigrants brought here as children mean?

does it means making sure they are taken care of before we send them back to their LEGAL Country and be reunited with their parents......or does it means we give them amnesty and keep them separated from their parents who are back in their native country?

the meaning of accommodation:
1. serve aid, assist, help, abet. 7. fit, suit. 8. compose, harmonize.
Fitting in with someone's wishes or demands in a helpful way.

once again, what is the meaning of "accommodation" according to immigration policy as used by Rubio and does that supersedes border security which Rubio said many times is a #1 priority before any new immigration policy is debated in Congress.
I answered your question:

"His comment was made in regards to the president's actions on DACA, where he said he "long supported accommodations" for illegal immigrants brought here as children. DACA is a law that does just that."

What more detail is necessary? The point is that you called him a hypocrite, and that's not the case. He has voiced his support for laws like DACA. As I said, the devil is in the details with any sort of policy and I won't pretend to know every single little detail of Rubio's views on the matter. Based on what he's said though, I can, with confidence, say that Rubio is not ideologically opposed to the goal of DACA.

What he found unconstitutional was who made DACA, which was the president, by his own authority. Rubio felt the law should go through congress.

He did not contradict himself and there's no value to you asking your silly question about what specific law Rubio wants, other than to avoid the fact that you made a false claim.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
luke 6:3637 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.…
lev 19:24
The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.
"He who hath no control over his own spirit is like a broken down city without walls."

Old 09-05-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I answered your question:

"His comment was made in regards to the president's actions on DACA, where he said he "long supported accommodations" for illegal immigrants brought here as children. DACA is a law that does just that."

What more detail is necessary? The point is that you called him a hypocrite, and that's not the case. He has voiced his support for laws like DACA. As I said, the devil is in the details with any sort of policy and I won't pretend to know every single little detail of Rubio's views on the matter. Based on what he's said though, I can, with confidence, say that Rubio is not ideologically opposed to the goal of DACA.

What he found unconstitutional was who made DACA, which was the president, by his own authority. Rubio felt the law should go through congress.

He did not contradict himself and there's no value to you asking your silly question about what specific law Rubio wants, other than to avoid the fact that you made a false claim.

Yes!!! he is a hypocrite and you are just spinning and spinning. He plays both sides of the fence...when the gang of 8 didn't work in 2014 and he had to do a 180 degrees to win the GOP nomination in 2016 or he was going to be run out of the party, he said there shouldn't be any immigration reform without securing the border first.....does that means except for DACA? which is it?

Now he said Obama's EO is unconstitutional but he has always "accommodated" the children of illegal immigrants......what is "accommodate"?.....I ask you to give me specifics what he means by that with his words and proposals in the Senate, NOT what you think it means for you, what it means for Rubio in black and white so the American people can support or reject the bill.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yes!!! he is a hypocrite and you are just spinning and spinning. He plays both sides of the fence...when the gang of 8 didn't work in 2014 and he had to do a 180 degrees to win the GOP nomination in 2016 or he was going to be run out of the party, he said there shouldn't be any immigration reform without securing the border first.....does that means except for DACA? which is it?

Now he said Obama's EO is unconstitutional but he has always "accommodated" the children of illegal immigrants......what is "accommodate"?.....I ask you to give me specifics what he means by that with his words and proposals in the Senate, NOT what you think it means for you, what it means for Rubio in black and white so the American people can support or reject the bill.
If you want to know what Rubio means for sure, you'd have to ask him yourself.

And I'm not saying Rubio's not a hypocrite. He almost certainly is. But not on this. His position, it seems, is some kind of support for DACA, or a law similar, but only if it comes from congress. The fact that it came from the White House is where the problem lies.

For what it's worth, I'm not a Rubio supporters. I'm actually not a fan at all. I'm glad he's not president. But, as I've surely made clear, I think this criticism of him is unreasonable.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
If you want to know what Rubio means for sure, you'd have to ask him yourself.

And I'm not saying Rubio's not a hypocrite. He almost certainly is. But not on this. His position, it seems, is some kind of support for DACA, or a law similar, but only if it comes from congress. The fact that it came from the White House is where the problem lies.

For what it's worth, I'm not a Rubio supporters. I'm actually not a fan at all. I'm glad he's not president. But, as I've surely made clear, I think this criticism of him is unreasonable.

you are saying his position, is some kind of support of DACA......what part of DACA he supports and is that when we secure the border first or before?

He has been in the Senate for 7 years and apart from that giant egg he laid in 2013 in the Gang of 8 that cost him the GOP nomination for President and his state of Florida during the primaries that he did a 180 degrees and flip flopped, what exactly he stands for?

Old 09-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
you are saying his position, is some kind of support of DACA......what part of DACA he supports and is that when we secure the border first or before?

He has been in the Senate for 7 years and apart from that giant egg he laid in 2013 in the Gang of 8 that cost him the GOP nomination for President and his state of Florida during the primaries that he did a 180 degrees and flip flopped, what exactly he stands for?
As I said, if you want the nuance views of what Rubio thinks, you can only ask him.

I'm not cross-referencing his recent statements and actions on DACA with everything he's done in his life. Your OP was talking about recent events and accusing him of hypocrisy. Maybe he's contradicted himself since 2013. As far as recent issues on DACA, there's nothing contradictory about saying you support "accommodations" (ask him if you want more detail) for illegal immigrants brought in as children and thinking the EO was unconstitutional.

At this point, we're talking in circles. I have no interest in discussing 2013 Rubio. So unless you have anything else, I think we're done here.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
As I said, if you want the nuance views of what Rubio thinks, you can only ask him.
Maybe he's contradicted himself since 2013.
At this point, we're talking in circles. I have no interest in discussing 2013 Rubio. So unless you have anything else, I think we're done here.

maybe? NO....he did! you are the one who is defending him and his hypocrisy when I made clear this goes way back not just from today and you keep doubling down on his defense.

be my guest.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:12 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Speaking of Marco Rubio,

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/st...64414607368198
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies