Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times

Advertisements

I've been hearing from some even that they were so bad that they even jipped American soldiers as far back as World War II and some even suggested that they could give the Clinton Foundation lessons in corruption. I also heard that very little goes to the actual victims and that the CEO has a six figure (or higher) salary.

What exactly is true about the American Red Cross and what is just hearsay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 06:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
I've been hearing those rumors too. I haven't figured out what I think about them, but fortunately, I don't have to. My response is to donate to someone else.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I've been hearing from some even that they were so bad that they even jipped American soldiers as far back as World War II and some even suggested that they could give the Clinton Foundation lessons in corruption. I also heard that very little goes to the actual victims and that the CEO has a six figure (or higher) salary.

Don’t give money to the Red Cross. We need a new way.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:

They also screwed over the Jews during the Holocaust.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They also screwed over the Jews during the Holocaust.
That I didn't know. I did hear that they did screw over Haiti but didn't know they also screwed over Jews during the Holocaust.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:

A 6 figure salary?

That is pretty cheap for a CEO.

Consider the average CEO of a Non-Prof hospital pulls down $8M, and we wonder why healthcare is so expensive.

The Red Cross has done so much good, and their costs have always been on the very low side of such organizations.

The American Red Cross, according to Charity Navigator, gives 92% of donations to programs that help people.

Not many charities are so frugal to themselves. Clinton Foundation took something like 45% for themselves.

I'd say it's just more undermining from the agenda gutter dwellers like Soros.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
That I didn't know. I did hear that they did screw over Haiti but didn't know they also screwed over Jews during the Holocaust.
Red Cross Admits Knowing of the Holocaust During the War - The New York Times

Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,188 times
A tornado ripped apart our little town back in '65. I was too young to remember it. My Dad never had anything good to say about them. The people here apparently told them to get lost.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

...what exactly could they have done? Jews knew as well, what could they do? Roosevelt and his Generals knew, what could they do other than fight WWII?

c'mon man

Old 09-05-2017, 07:11 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
My family lore tells of the red cross charging my grandparents for the supplies they offered while they were being detained in a Japanese internment camp during WW 2. I hope they do a way better job these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies