Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2017, 05:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
We want the wall to be built. The Republicans (who are in the pocket of lobbyists and the Chamber of Commerce) know we will not put up with any kind of amnesty (no matter what they call it) if the wall isn't built first. That's why, in my opinion, Trump threw the ball into Congress' court. They are not going to risk the wrath of Republican voters with the midyear elections coming up. They will front the money for the wall (which Mexico will repay) before some DACA bill.
We don't want the wall built. Mexico will not pay for the wall.

Sixty-one percent of Americans oppose “building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to try to stop illegal immigration” according to a CBS News poll conducted Aug. 3 to 6, while 36 percent favor it. Support varied greatly by party, with 72 percent of Republicans, 35 percent of Independents and only 9 percent of Democrats in favor of construction.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...s-want-a-wall/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 05:52 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
We don't want the wall built. Mexico will not pay for the wall.

Sixty-one percent of Americans oppose “building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to try to stop illegal immigration” according to a CBS News poll conducted Aug. 3 to 6, while 36 percent favor it. Support varied greatly by party, with 72 percent of Republicans, 35 percent of Independents and only 9 percent of Democrats in favor of construction.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...s-want-a-wall/

The wall is critical and with the BP being reinforced by other measures (Drones) it is needed.

People whom oppose the wall defense system want open borders too. So consider the source and by the Illegals immigration is down to 70%,

Illegals are scum!

Old 09-06-2017, 05:55 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Readying for Irma feeling bit tired and low, read the news haha ha made my day. I can see Ryan wutt???? better laugh now, weekend crucial.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:00 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,231,166 times
I think this is one of the few things I like that Trump has done. He essentially pantsed Paul Ryan, made a deal with the Dems, and is moving on. If you think about all the assurances that the GOP congress has given Trump, only for him to see it fail, get flamed in the media, and protested on the street, it's no wonder why Trump said enough is enough. I found Ryan's "ridiculous and disgraceful" speech to be disingenuous at best. Ryan knows how to play politics, but we all seem to lose when both sides play the game. Trump came in and pretty much told Ryan to sit down.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:09 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Readying for Irma feeling bit tired and low, read the news haha ha made my day. I can see Ryan wutt???? better laugh now, weekend crucial.
Stay safe. Wishing you well.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:13 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
We want the wall to be built. The Republicans (who are in the pocket of lobbyists and the Chamber of Commerce) know we will not put up with any kind of amnesty (no matter what they call it) if the wall isn't built first. That's why, in my opinion, Trump threw the ball into Congress' court. They are not going to risk the wrath of Republican voters with the midyear elections coming up. They will front the money for the wall (which Mexico will repay) before some DACA bill.
Mexico isn't going to pay for a damn thing. There will be no wall.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The wall is critical and with the BP being reinforced by other measures (Drones) it is needed.

People whom oppose the wall defense system want open borders too. So consider the source and by the Illegals immigration is down to 70%,

Illegals are scum!
We don't want or need the wall. There are better and cheaper ways. Building the wall is like someone trying to buy a computer that still uses floppy discs!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Mexico isn't going to pay for a damn thing. There will be no wall.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:19 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
We don't want or need the wall. There are better and cheaper ways. Building the wall is like someone trying to buy a computer that still uses floppy discs!
Of course their are areas that do not make sense to put a structure of any type, so drones, boots on the ground Surveillance towers and ground sensors are useful tools.

The whole package is need to secure our border. Wake up it just takes one interloper to carry a dirty bomb over.

Then what will say??????

Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So basically if Trump works with the opposite party, not against them, you will still think he's not really working with anyone on any of it at all?
He can never do right by some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
I think this is one of the few things I like that Trump has done. He essentially pantsed Paul Ryan, made a deal with the Dems, and is moving on. If you think about all the assurances that the GOP congress has given Trump, only for him to see it fail, get flamed in the media, and protested on the street, it's no wonder why Trump said enough is enough. I found Ryan's "ridiculous and disgraceful" speech to be disingenuous at best. Ryan knows how to play politics, but we all seem to lose when both sides play the game. Trump came in and pretty much told Ryan to sit down.
I tend to agree. Trump has not been able to depend on the Republicans for support or to get things done. He's keenly aware of that. He has people in the ranks who are looking out only for themselves. They want to play party politics. Trump wants to meet the needs of the people. If "party" gets in the way, he'll take a route that allows him to work together with others to do what needs to be done.

Dwellers of the swamp, I call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies