Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:52 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious how S.P.L know where all the hate groups are at in The USA? How do they know all the details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
They investigate.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
How ? What do they do in their investigations?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Conservatives sign letter warning media against Southern Poverty Law Center | Fox News

Old 09-06-2017, 10:37 PM

http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF17I05.pdf

Here is the letter to the media.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 PM

"The SPLC is an attack dog of the political left. Having evolved from laudable origins battling the Klan in the 1970’s, the SPLC has realized the profitability of defamation, churning out fundraising letters, and publishing “hit pieces” on conservatives to promote its agenda and pad its substantial endowment (of $319 million).

Anyone who opposes them, including many Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and traditional conservatives is slandered and slapped with the “extremist” label or even worse, their “hate group” designation.3 At one point, the SPLC even added Dr. Ben Carson to its “extremist” list because of his biblical views (and only took him off the list after public outcry). "

Old 09-06-2017, 10:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I'm just curious how S.P.L know where all the hate groups are at in The USA? How do they know all the details?
They don't claim to know where all the hate groups are.

For the organizations they do identify as hate groups, the SPLC is clear and detailed on their website about their sources for each. Here's one example: VDARE, for which the information is sourced backed to the VDARE website.

One can quibble endlessly about whether or not VDARE is a hate group. But whether you agree or not with the SPLC, they thoroughly argue their case and source their information for every organization they label a hate group.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:08 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't think they ever claimed to know where ALL hate groups are located, just where a lot of them are.

it's not actually a secret you know, a lot of that info is available online, many of those groups have websites and forums.

In my own neighborhood there is a 1% outlaw biker gang that has a huge sign outside their club house, they aren't a hate group, but definitely a gang.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
They don't claim to know where all the hate groups are.

For the organizations they do identify as hate groups, the SPLC is clear and detailed on their website about their sources for each. Here's one example: VDARE, for which the information is sourced backed to the VDARE website.

One can quibble endlessly about whether or not VDARE is a hate group. But whether you agree or not with the SPLC, they thoroughly argue their case and source their information for every organization they label a hate group.
While not officially labeled a "hate group" (whatever that means) they are critical of the Ludwig Von Mises Institute stating...

Quote:
It (The Mises Institute) also promotes a type of Darwinian view of society in which elites are seen as natural and any intervention by the government on behalf of social justice is destructive.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...003/mainstream

I don't know where they get the "elites seen as natural" shtick because under Right-Anarchy it's impossible to have a forced class system.

And any intervention by involuntary government on the behalf of "social justice" (again, another imaginary word) is indeed destructive because it violates the non-aggression principle.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
In my own neighborhood there is a 1% outlaw biker gang that has a huge sign outside their club house, they aren't a hate group, but definitely a gang.
In the NE TX town in which I grew up, there are currently 2 groups that are self-proclaimed white supremacist groups that openly admit their affiliation with national organizations. Everyone knows about them, they're low class racist scum. IMO, SPLC accurately pegs and maps them as hate groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies