Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 03:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
If you think Flake and McCain are RINOs.... that only says one thing about you: you're too far to the right. Ever tried looking in the mirror sometimes?
You mean I follow the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yeah right

All the Dems saying Kasich was a reasonable candidate would he smears him
Asa racist and sexist if he became the nominee
Oh you know it

Old 09-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Kasich is nothing but a big crybaby, sore loser. The kind of kid in the neighborhood who goes off to tattle-tale to mommy is he loses a game.
I can definitely see the appeal to liberals. They are fans of the half-man types.
Exactly.

Urban Dictionary: beta male

Old 09-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. Everyone I knew who voted for Trump was extremely engaged in the primaries and then the general. Everyone. More politically engaged than I had ever seen before. They knew his background. They knew his strengths and weaknesses. Those fools who keep calling Trump-voters "cultists" either naively or deliberately do not understand that most Trump voters went in with eyes wide open. We knew exactly what we were getting. We knew exactly who and what we were voting for - and we knew exactly who and what we were voting against.

2. Nobody I knew (including me) voted for Trump because he had an (R) behind his name. Nobody.

#2 is particularly important, because if Democrats are hoping to make any kind of resurgence from their losses of the past 8 years they have to understand this point. Trump was running on a Republican ticket. I did not vote for him BECAUSE he was a Republican and pointing to Trumps' lack of "conservative cred" doesn't mean spit to any Trump voter. Find another strategy because that one doesn't do it (and WILL not do it in either 2018 or 2020)

Good point

Old 09-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Anecdotal evidence is nice but fact.

A good number of people voted for Trump because he was not Clinton. Many of those voters got duped are are now finding out that just like in his businesses, he is not the "deal maker" he claims to be. And more than a good number of those that don't follow politics or have read about Trump in the NY papers over the last 30 years did not know what he stood for and still do not know.

Trump won the presidency by 78,000 votes spread out over Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Absent of that, he would have lost. Trump core voters are about 33% of those who vote. That's not enough to win next time out, yet Trump does nothing to expand his reach beyond that base.
Ummmm he won by 400,000 votes in Ohio alone

Old 09-07-2017, 04:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Your understanding of conservatives can be charitably characterized as 'cartoonish'.
Well, then, why not list a few real ones? And what they stand for that progressives and liberals do not?

Should be easy off the top of your head.

Was GW Bush a conservative? Nixon? Reagan?

Old 09-07-2017, 04:20 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

Sick to death of the alpha male thing. Lots of words begin with A, and alpha is only one of them.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Kasich blasts Trump, invites immigrant ‘dreamers’ to Ohio | fox8.com

This RINO, along with Flake McCain Ryan Graham and the rest of them need to go away and crawl into a hole
I'm from Ohio. Kasich is like a bad cold that just refuses to go away.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Kasich blasts Trump, invites immigrant ‘dreamers’ to Ohio | fox8.com

This RINO, along with Flake McCain Ryan Graham and the rest of them need to go away and crawl into a hole
What makes Kasich a RINO?

Edit: What makes any of them RINOs?

Last edited by Valhallian; 09-07-2017 at 06:38 PM..

Old 09-07-2017, 05:56 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Kasich is anti-choice (against abortion), does not have a problem with illegal immigration, and is in favor of expanding Medicaid; and although I disagree with him on[i] all/I] those issues, in my view, he is neither a real Republican nor a RINO, but some kind of unusual mix.

But, all that being said, I would have voted for him over ANY of the other POTUS candidates because of all of them, I think he was the most moderate and the most sincere and honest; I don't think that any of those last two traits have been in any POTUS since Carter.

P.S. On Edit: However, if it IS true that he is anti-environment (which I doubt, as he is, I believe, a "true" family man, which would lead me to conclude that he does care about the future), that might change my mind about voting for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies