Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 11:04 AM

997 posts, read 709,885 times

Advertisements

It concerns me that unscrupulous people probably in hacker paradise in China, Russia, or Africa have this information Now what are they going to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 11:13 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
But but but but that would be unfair.... I can hear the left whining already.
funny thing is you can't. you can't hear a damn thing, it is all in your head. I see posts here all day long where Right wingers talk about the left whining when not a single "leftie" has whined...

I think you rightie folk need to go get good jobs and stop relying on us "coastal elites" to prop up this nation.. we are sick of shipping our cash to your broke red states.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,495 times
I just read that 2 class action lawsuits were filed.

I did go to that site to find out if your data was stolen.
Entered the info and the reply I got was that it "may" have been breached so go ahead and sign up.

NO..I want to know if my data was stolen ..yes or no. Not "maybe" and sign up in which you waive any right to join any class action lawsuits.

I did not enroll and won't unless my info was actually stolen which Equifax can't seem to determine.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:18 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
I did the security check thingy.

first time said .. Hacked.

but next time said not.

so did it again said not.

so did it again said hacked.

so did it again sad not.

same for my partner, Hacked, not , not ,not ....

pretty random if you ask me.

Remember folks you can add challenge response to a lot of financial accounts. and you can even get pure offline accounts.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Here's the website you need to go to to see if you've been impacted (you likely have), and to sign up for the free credit monitoring.

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
Thanks.

The message I got was:

"Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information was not impacted by this incident."

Woo-hoo. Dealing in cash helps.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

Entered the info and the reply I got was that it "may" have been breached so go ahead and sign up.

NO..I want to know if my data was stolen ..yes or no. Not "maybe" and sign up in which you waive any right to join any class action lawsuits.

I did not enroll and won't unless my info was actually stolen which Equifax can't seem to determine.
This is the awareness people need to know about.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:24 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what good is it for us to know in SEPT??????? if your stuff was breached- you paying out the yang yang trying to fix it all

I detest credit bureaus they own ya --make your life miserable even if you are a hard working good person - From Harvey and IRMA there will be bankruptcies and losses-- and after the storm is over you will get kicked in the AXX for ten more years. because that credit card bill will need to pay for a hotel you NEVER intended to use-- or now the gas is $5 a gal and you not getting paid, because the workplace blew away!!!
They determine your job ,insurance rates, interest rates- and trying to rebuilding anything -- 10 freaking years- I detest them
who gave them SO MUCH authority???
Right now you need to be extra careful because disasters like this bring out the scum in droves. Protect your identity and only sign up for LEGIT help...there's so much out there that looks legit that is not. With a hurricane like Irma, a lot of people are going to get scammed.

And when will you be evacuating?

Good catch. Need to share this info far and wide before people sign up for their pathetic "free monitoring". I'm supposed to trust them after this huge breach and the execs sneakily sell off shares? Of course they didn't sell off a huge chunk, that would have been way too obvious.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:35 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I did the security check thingy.

first time said .. Hacked.

but next time said not.

so did it again said not.

so did it again said hacked.

so did it again sad not.

same for my partner, Hacked, not , not ,not ....

pretty random if you ask me.

Remember folks you can add challenge response to a lot of financial accounts. and you can even get pure offline accounts.
I did it twice and got "maybe" both times. Will try again later.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

Why can't they tell you it was or wasn't? I'm with you, because I'm suspicious of their motives to get us to sign up for their service.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:24 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,238,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I hope the executives that sold their shares get fried.
LOL Is that all you want? Should be prosecuted. They have already made big $$$$ from inside trading. Probably do not need the current job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies