Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 02:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
It's purpose was to target more blacks for incarceration and it worked. But anyways, i'll try to steer this back to the main point of the OP. Same issue for two different groups of people, one group received a criminal response, the other is currently receiving a "national emergency" response.
No they're not. you made this up and have no proof.

Quote:
But people will still deny that any racism of any kind towards blacks exist.
No they don't. This is anothe thing you made up and have no proof.

Quote:
Even with the open knowledge that drug sentence were different amongst crack and cocaine abusers.
The stronger sentencing was done by black politicians who got tired of seeing their inner cities destroyed. Crack is distributed more easily and is more "effective" than coke.
Whites use meth more so than blacks. Meth is distributed in a simlar fashion to crack. The penalty for 1 oz of crack and 1 oz of meth are the same.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:57 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO of course it's true.
Big government involvement in Education, health care, the war on drugs, never ending wars in the Middle East. Your posts are getting worse and worse.

Not witnessed. Again you made that up. Posters don't see racism nearly as much as you do. That's on you.

Then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Again you see racism too often.

No they don't. This is something else you made up.

Hasn't happened and again you have no proof.

The reason you have little credibilty on this is the fact that you didn't call out democratic leadership for their bigotry during the last administration. It's not that he dems are bigots, it's just that they elect them.
Obviously you refuse to be honest in responding to the challenge, but instead deflecting to other issues. I am willing to talk about my credibility, democrats or whatever as soon as you account for the racial gaps in single parent homes, assuming innate equality between the races.

You said it was slightly due to the war on drugs. What is the preponderance of the gap remaining caused by?

Old 09-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Opioid Overdose Deaths by Race/Ethnicity | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

chart showing opioid deaths by race since 1999. I don't think I saw a single column where blacks outnumbered whites. Lots of NSD (not sufficient data) for many of the blacks deaths (meaning it was too low).
It's not about deaths it's about use. Again you don't know how to properly anaylize information and come to a proper conclusion.

Quote:
Stop trying friend.
You shouldn't tell people what to do when you're wrong so often.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Why do liberals deny they've systematically used the race card while their ambitions overall produced racists behavior.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Obviously you refuse to be honest in responding to the challenge,
Obviously you cannot be honest when you're in a discussion and you're having it handed to you. Make something else up.

Quote:
but instead deflecting to other issues.
I haven't deflected. I correctly called you out for making things up.

Quote:
I am willing to talk about my credibility, democrats or whatever as soon as you account for the racial gaps in single parent homes, assuming innate equality between the races.
I already have.*

Quote:
You said it was slightly due to the war on drugs. What is the preponderance of the gap remaining caused by?
I already told you. Single parenthood.* You're not very good at comprehension are you? Rhetorical.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:05 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Every race incident that happens in the news, you can always count on white conservatives implying that racism doesn't exist, that it's a conspiracy conjured up by liberals to harm "race relations" (I really hate that phrase). Is every incident of white-on-minority racism fake news or just minorities complaining for complaining's sake? So who are the actual racists then, if it's not white supremacists?

At the Charlottesville white power rally, who were all those white guys with the white power symbols voting for? Clinton? Did they all vote for Obama? Were they all "color blind, we're all just Americans trying to get along" type people?
That's a racist claim to begin with.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:07 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
It's not about deaths it's about use. Again you don't know how to properly anaylize information and come to a proper conclusion.

You shouldn't tell people what to do when you're wrong so often.
okay.
here's a sample of how wrong you are.

When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time | HuffPost
https://www.cjpf.org/who-uses-crack-cocaine-and-why/
Quote:
Statistics from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reveal that 55% of past-month crack users are white. Black Americans, who make up 12.2% of the population, account for 37% of crack users, meaning that they are 3.5 times more likely than whites to be regular crack users. But black people are 21.2 times more likely than white people to go to federal prison on a crack charge.

https://news.northwestern.edu/storie...-use-disorder/

Quote:
CHICAGO --- Abuse and dependence on “hard drugs” (cocaine, hallucinogen or PCP, opiate, amphetamine and sedatives) are less common among delinquent African American youth than those who are non-Hispanic white, according to a new Northwestern Medicine study.
The study offers the first comprehensive picture of drug and alcohol abuse and dependence in delinquent youth after detention. The investigators followed youth up to their late 20s.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.36e219ac33ae
Quote:
Even more surprising is what gets left out of the chart: Blacks are far more likely to be arrested for selling or possessing drugs than whites, even though whites use drugs at the same rate. And whites are actually more likely to sell drugs:
Whites were about 45 percent more likely than blacks to sell drugs in 1980, according to an analysis of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth by economist Robert Fairlie. This was consistent with a 1989 survey of youth in Boston. My own analysis of data from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows that 6.6 percent of white adolescents and young adults (aged 12 to 25) sold drugs, compared to just 5.0 percent of blacks (a 32 percent difference).

Old 09-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
okay.
here's a sample of how wrong you are.Quote:
Statistics from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reveal that 55% of past-month crack users are white. Black Americans, who make up 12.2% of the population, account for 37% of crack users, meaning that they are 3.5 times more likely than whites to be regular crack users. But black people are 21.2 times more likely than white people to go to federal prison on a crack charge.
How am I wrong when I know for a fact that the blacks are incarerated at a higher rate than whites even though drug use is similar? I already knew that when I mentioned the war on drugs. I already mentioned crack use is higher among blacks while meth use is higher among whites and they both carry the same sentence. You're horrible at this.

Quote:
https://news.northwestern.edu/storie...-use-disorder/

Quote:
CHICAGO --- Abuse and dependence on “hard drugs” (cocaine, hallucinogen or PCP, opiate, amphetamine and sedatives) are less common among delinquent African American youth than those who are non-Hispanic white, according to a new Northwestern Medicine study.
The study offers the first comprehensive picture of drug and alcohol abuse and dependence in delinquent youth after detention. The investigators followed youth up to their late 20s.
Again you said it was an epidemic and that its about rehab when it involves whites. You made that all up and still haven't offered any proof.

Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.36e219ac33ae
Even more surprising is what gets left out of the chart: Blacks are far more likely to be arrested for selling or possessing drugs than whites, even though whites use drugs at the same rate. And whites are actually more likely to sell drugs:
Whites were about 45 percent more likely than blacks to sell drugs in 1980, according to an analysis of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth by economist Robert Fairlie. This was consistent with a 1989 survey of youth in Boston. My own analysis of data from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows that 6.6 percent of white adolescents and young adults (aged 12 to 25) sold drugs, compared to just 5.0 percent of blacks (a 32 percent difference).
lol I already knew that when I mentioned the war on drugs.
What's this post have to do with anything?

Why don't you answer the question. Why do blacks have a high rate of single parenthood?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-08-2017 at 03:23 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 03:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Every race incident that happens in the news, you can always count on white conservatives implying that racism doesn't exist, that it's a conspiracy conjured up by liberals to harm "race relations" (I really hate that phrase). Is every incident of white-on-minority racism fake news or just minorities complaining for complaining's sake? So who are the actual racists then, if it's not white supremacists?

At the Charlottesville white power rally, who were all those white guys with the white power symbols voting for? Clinton? Did they all vote for Obama? Were they all "color blind, we're all just Americans trying to get along" type people?

Why do liberals deny that white conservatives aren't racists? I'm a mutt, but every "white conservative" friend I have is colorblind, while many of my liberal friends seem to hate someone for something based on skin color, religion, sex, heritage...etc.

Liberals tend to be exactly what they hate the most, and they're so tolerant in the process.

Look how obsessed you are. You haven't had your fix of racism and bashing so you felt the need to regurgitate this BS while Irma is on everyone's mind. Go take a nap.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:37 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:

Why don't you answer the question. Why do blacks have a high rate of single parenthood?
You're circling all the way back around want to waste more time. I've answered this. You're going on my ignore list. You're blatantly wrong about clear cut things. And you don't want to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies