Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 12:17 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
There are some countries that would have trouble surviving, without our foreign aid. Do we have so many friends and allies, that we can afford to toss some of them out and maybe have them turn to China or Russia for help?
We should not be giving out one cent in foreign aid until and only until we get our budget balanced.

And the old cold war scare tactic no longer works. If we don't get involved russia or china will. Realty is russia is broke so they are not going to fill the void and China is only going to give where they benefit in the long run whether or not we are involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 12:36 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
You know what?
He's right.

Irma is decimating Florida today.
Harvey made its mess two weeks ago.

I don't recall anyone offering help. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You know what?
He's right.

Mexico offered help.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Solange announced a benefit concert in Boston, with all proceeds going towards Hurricane Harvey relief. "I'm committed to partnering with organizations on the ground in Houston and making contributions to uplift the city that raised me with so much love," she wrote."

"All proceeds from our 11/7 show @ the Toyota Center will benefit Hurricane Harvey relief efforts". - Fall Out Boy

So if the benefit concert was made by a Country singer and even though many people like country and want to hear it, according to you, it doesn't count?

Your post doesn't count.
That's nice of Solange and Fall Out Boy. And country music is alright, but is does not have the draw that Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney have. Honestly I don't care about a benefit concert. I was just making a point that perhaps there aren't as many donations this time from the international community because it happened in Texas and not New York or New Orleans.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:23 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You know what?
He's right.

You'd be surprised at how much help comes from other places. I knew that linemen from around the country always go to where a hurricane is coming so they can fix power lines, but I did not realize that's true of first responders as well. I know someone who is married to a police officer from Pittsburgh, and he and a group of police were sent down to Dallas prior to the storm so they could get to the area when the storm came in order to help. I never knew that. I'm sure there are people in Florida right now ready to help.

I'm sure we similarly are unaware when other countries offer aid because it's not publicized.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Oh for God's sake, he is NOT an isolationist.
He is a NON-INTERVENTIONIST.

He doesn't think we should be in all of these countries, spending all of this money that we do not have and having our servicemen and women KILLED!!!

Do we have enough money and enough lives to spare? DO WE?
Because last time I checked we were trillions and trillions in debt.
And our servicemen and women put on the uniform to protect the UNITED STATES.

These warmongering politicians in BOTH parties are the TRUE isolationists.
Oh for God's sake yourself,

You have your opinions and I have mine.

But I don't insult those that I disagree with.

Grow up!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:29 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
He's a gold bug and does understand or will not attempt to understand monetary sovereignty. Deficit spending of any amount simply takes an act of Congress.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Oh for God's sake yourself,

You have your opinions and I have mine.

But I don't insult those that I disagree with.

Grow up!
Saying he's an isolationist when he isn't, isn't an opinion it's disingenuous at best. Do some actual research instead of parroting statements boobus makes.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's nice of Solange and Fall Out Boy. And country music is alright, but is does not have the draw that Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney have. Honestly I don't care about a benefit concert. .
Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. Honestly? pffftt

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I was just making a point that perhaps there aren't as many donations this time from the international community because it happened in Texas and not New York or New Orleans.
So now it's international donations? Explain why other nations would have a beef with Texas and not New York?

Old 09-10-2017, 10:32 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Texas can establish a state income tax to pay for the consequences of no planning/zoning. We're just rewarding irresponsible people.

Texas doesn't need the aid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies