Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 10:32 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sadly, the race card. *sigh*

Has nothing to do with race. NOTHING. If you don't understand how State-mandated edicts destroy free association in schooling, housing, business, immigration etc I don't know what to tell you.
Again the state doesn't you go to public schools, and it doesn't force you to live in an area with Black people or white people or Asian people or anything. Tell me one example of state forcing Association today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 10:36 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sadly, the race card. *sigh*

Has nothing to do with race. NOTHING. If you don't understand how State-mandated edicts destroy free association in schooling, housing, business, immigration etc I don't know what to tell you.
Can you prove me wrong? You are the one who brought up Civil Rights. What else is there to know after that? Accuse me of playing the race card all you want. Prove that I'm a liar. If you can't do that, then you are the one with a problem, not me.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:14 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you prove me wrong? You are the one who brought up Civil Rights. What else is there to know after that? Accuse me of playing the race card all you want. Prove that I'm a liar. If you can't do that, then you are the one with a problem, not me.
No_reccess is wrong and doesn't want the admit it. We are free to associate with whoever we like. Don't like your school, move to a different neighborhood.

The far right are always trying to say we live in some dystopian country where we have few rights.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Again the state doesn't you go to public schools, and it doesn't force you to live in an area with Black people or white people or Asian people or anything. Tell me one example of state forcing Association today.
If you want to go to private school, or homeschool the kids, that option is there. And this is the thing about public schools. If you don't like the demographic of your public schools, you can always move. It's called freedom of movement. However, EVERYONE has that same right. Everyone has the right to move freely. If a White person wants to live in an White neighborhood, said person can move to one. There is something else to consider. If a Black person wants to move to a White neighborhood, that person can move to one. Freedom of movement.

Very little of this is about "freedom of association". Don't want to hang out with or associate with Black people? Don't do it. If you want a neighborhood where only Whites can be there and Blacks are not allowed, not going to happen, because then tha restricts freedom of movement.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Even if you go to California, a lot of races separate themselves into their own areas they want to live in. You have the asian areas, the black areas, the latinos, the whites, etc.
So what?

It has always been that way, this is nothing new. Eventually the unique neighborhoods disappear and we lament the passing of those great restaurants, markets and cultural events.

I don't see ethnic neighborhoods as a problem.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
No_reccess is wrong and doesn't want the admit it. We are free to associate with whoever we like. Don't like your school, move to a different neighborhood.

The far right are always trying to say we live in some dystopian country where we have few rights.
This.^

Anyone can move wherever they want. You have the freedom to choose who you want to socialize with, invite into your house. However, you cannot stop someone from moving into your neighborhood or attending the schools in your district. If you have an issue with the demographics in your school, you can go to another school. People do that all the time.

I've never felt like I was lacking freedom of association. At least not in the 31 years that I've been on this planet. I have neighbors that I would never associate with. I don't associate with them.

I suspect what some people don't want to say is "we don't want people of a certain race/ethnicity moving in". Before, there was no such term as "freedom of association". If you didn't want a certain race in your neighborhood, you just admitted it. Now we have the term "freedom of association".

Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
The Asian races, the Jews, and the Cuban Hispanics have all cultivated a culture that values working hard, marriage and family, respecting a country's laws and order, valuing education, and not whining endlessly about victimhood.
They all do well in America.
They end up better educated, better employment, less criminals, less welfare, less out-of-wedlock marriages, etc etc.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
California was once the Golden State but has been in serious decline for decades.
Or the exact opposite of that.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The Asian races, the Jews, and the Cuban Hispanics have all cultivated a culture that values working hard, marriage and family, respecting a country's laws and order, valuing education, and not whining endlessly about victimhood.
They all do well in America.
They end up better educated, better employment, less criminals, less welfare, less out-of-wedlock marriages, etc etc.
And? Is this a "kudos" to the persons you described or a backhanded remark to justify looking down on minorities who aren't from those groups you described?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:33 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
You will have less commonality and cohesion in a multiracial society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies