Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 02:21 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Tell me which group on their hate group list do you not define as a hate group ?
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
Aryan Strikeforce
American Vanguard
Racial Nationalist Party of America
Confederate Hammerskins
Vilanders Social Club
Aryans Nations Sadistic Souls MC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 02:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Does this mean you ignored the content of the previous post ?

Your argument here is to discredit the group by saying the list is illegitimate. Whether or not a criteria exists is irrelevant to that end goal.

So go ahead discredit them by showing the groups dont belong on the list. ill wait.
If there is no criteria for determining if a group goes on the list, the list isn't valid.

If there is a criteria, but it's kept secret, the list isn't valid.

Let's hypothetically say this is one criteria for being on the list:

Any group that denies a person access based solely upon their race is a hate group.

Would you agree or disagree that is a valid criteria?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know what a "hate group" really means because it's a made up term but I wouldn't call that a hateful statement by the FRC.

It sort of reads like a late-night infomercial for some miracle drug that can extend the length of your penis.

Pretty much vague unsubstantiated babble.
You cant be this obtuse.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If there is no criteria for determining if a group goes on the list, the list isn't valid.

Any group that denies a person based solely upon their race is a hate group.

As I said in my previous post. Show me which group you think doesnt belong on that list, and we can discuss them .

Till this point, you are still arguing the fallacy of not having a set criteria therefore the list is invalid and that logic only works within your own head(not really because again, you have google).

Old 09-08-2017, 02:31 AM

Quote:

Any group that denies a person access based solely upon their race is a hate group.

From their website, immutable means something you can't change, like your skin color or ethnicity, political views is not immutable. In other words, hating liberals doesn't make a group a hate group

Quote:
All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics
Pretty sure the KKK and Neo Nazis, I mean, the Alt Right fall into this category.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:33 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
You cant be this obtuse.
Sure I am.

Seriously, within the context of what you posted I simply see misguided, generalized, unsubstantiated babble...very much like an infomercial.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
As I said in my previous post. Show me which group you think doesnt belong on that list, and we can discuss them .

Till this point, you are still arguing the fallacy of not having a set criteria therefore the list is invalid and that logic only works within your own head(not really because again, you have google).
It's like saying some storms are hurricanes without any basis on what makes a storm a hurricane.

It would be meaningless, just like SPLC's list.

People operating on emotion and not logic will never grasp this.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sure I am.

Seriously, within the context of what you posted I simply see misguided, generalized, unsubstantiated babble...very much like an infomercial.
In specific context, your infomercial states "small penis bad" . so no, even your example disagrees with you .

Old 09-08-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
It's like saying some storms are hurricanes without any basis on what makes a storm a hurricane.

It would be meaningless, just like SPLC's list.

People operating on emotion and not logic will never grasp this.
I gave you a criteria.

Your turn, you made an assertion, which groups do you feel are unfairly listed on there

Old 09-08-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
From their website, immutable means something you can't change, like your skin color or ethnicity, political views is not immutable. In other words, hating liberals doesn't make a group a hate group

Pretty sure the KKK and Neo Nazis, I mean, the Alt Right fall into this category.
So, if a group excludes people based solely on race, would you consider that a hate group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies