Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,976,887 times

Advertisements

For those that are interested in reading the briefs so far submitted to the Supreme Court in this case, Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission:

Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission - SCOTUSblog

One may want to scroll down to the briefs submitted by each side, read, and then discuss. I have yet to do so, save briefly. I was interested to see that the cake shop is arguing, in part, the First Amendment, regarding the 'freedom of speech'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 AM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Bundy View Post
Um no.

Can't sell to the general public because you're a dirty bigot? Don't open a business.
I wonder where people like you would stand if a WHITE woman tried to enter the Miss BLACK America contest.

Never mind, I KNOW!

Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 AM

88,768 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly, and it is these PRESSURE GROUPS from the LEFT that are the bullies. I have no problem with a private business denying me service FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. I will take my business elsewhere.
Exactly.

There are very expensive fine dining restaurants that will not seat/accept dining parties with young children. Is that age discrimination? Yes. Can they do that anyway? Yes. And no one throws a temper tantrum over it like the gays do with wedding services/goods providers.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 AM

Considering most small businesses, which make up the vast amjoroty of busineses in the U.S., are owned by repubs, you will have hard time getting ANYTHING.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-08-2017 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 09-08-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I have no problem with private businesses deciding who they are going to work with. They are going to lose a lot more business than they are going to gain, and somebody else will fill the void happily. Especially in Colorado, I'm guessing there were more than enough other bakeries for the couple to go to.
"They are going to lose a lot more business than they are going to gain"

I think I read where this business GAINED customers.

Contrary to what the libs and the LSM say there Are a LOT more people AGAINST the gay lifestyle the for it.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:55 AM

45,135 posts, read 26,310,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
So, you're saying the 'principals' as in actors in a particular scenario or business interaction?

& what are your insights into the foundational principles upon which a group of peoples societies, communities, nations ... are built?
Voluntary interaction

Old 09-08-2017, 05:57 AM

34,175 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Contrary to what the libs and the LSM say there Are a LOT more people AGAINST the gay lifestyle the for it.
I don't care what gays do, and their "lifestyle" doesn't bother me, but to force me to not only accept, but celebrate/promote their lifestyle crosses the line. If you don't celebrate the rainbow, you must be a homophobe, right? Plus their percentage of society is extremely small, and insignificant, yet the media wants you to think every household has gays. Not true. It is extremely rare. Why should I even care what they say, do, or think?

Old 09-08-2017, 05:58 AM

88,768 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:

I don't think it's that as much as it is the total repulsiveness of LGBTs and liberals bullying anyone who doesn't subscribe to their ideological groupthink.

I have no problem with LGBTs. Live and let live... Until they start running roughshod over and trampling others' rights. I won't march in lockstep with the bullies.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,301,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Voluntary interaction
Voluntary?

Again with the individual freedom and owning the fruits of your labor?

Just focus on the common good comrade. That's all that's important.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:42 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,556,791 times
Quote:

Step out of your echo chamber - - there really isn't. Maybe the bakery did raise their clientele; maybe the bakery knew there were a lot of homophobes in the area. Good for them, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies