Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 03:53 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wow, really?

you honestly believe those are fictitious quotes and that trump didn't say them?

if i provide video of trump saying them would you then believe it or would you move the goal posts again?
nah they'd move the goal post again.

he said he would absolutely release them if he won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 03:55 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
No you posted quotes from MSM, not from Trump himself.
here, direct from the horses mouth ( @ 1:38 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-5KEt1Abg

“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely. And I would love to do that,”

Old 09-08-2017, 03:56 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
As a Treasury Department employee, I can tell you first hand how audits of High Income Earners go. First, a team of specialized Revenue Agents are assigned the case. The Revenue Agent Group Manager also has a hands on role on these types of audits. The return is broken down into parts, and each part is assigned to a Revenue Agent that specializes in that area. Once an initial review is completed, a lengthy notice is sent that details all of the supporting documentation they are requesting. The initial review can take up to a year. The taxpayer will then have 30 to 60 days to respond, extensions are routinely given on these complex cases. Once the documentation has been received, the Revenue Agents will review it, and either ask for additional information, or reach a preliminary determination. This review could take another year. Once the preliminary determination is made, the taxpayer will have the right to request a pre-determination appeal. If they choose this route, it could take 6 months to a year to be assigned to an Appeals Officer. If everyone doesn't agree, the appeal will be closed, and a Statutory Notice of Deficiency will be issued. At this point, the taxpayer will have 90 days to petition the Federal Tax Court if they want to continue to challenge the IRS. Most tax court cases take 12 to 18 months to start, and can drag on for years. I have seen large dollar examinations take 3 to 5 years.

I just want to add for legal reasons that I do not know anyone connected to the examination of President Trump's tax returns, and I do not have any personal knowledge of those proceedings.
Thanks for the info.

Trump has frequently said he can't release his returns because they're under audit. How many years can be audited at once?

Are you surprised that nothing has been leaked by anyone at the IRS?

Old 09-08-2017, 03:59 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump has frequently said he can't release his returns because they're under audit.
another problem being that we only have his word that he's being audited. there's no way of confirming if he is/isn't being audited.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:06 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
The only tax returns I worry about are my own. Pass Tax Reform!

Old 09-08-2017, 04:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
What don't they want us to see? Why is trump different from every other POTUS for the past 40 years?
Why do you care? Isn't it the job of the IRS to ensure he paid taxes according to the tax code?

Is your life so boring that you want to get your jollies by peeking at other people's taxes?

Old 09-08-2017, 04:26 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
As Rachel Madow revealed, Trump paid more tax in one year than most of us will ever earn in our lifetimes.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
another problem being that we only have his word that he's being audited. there's no way of confirming if he is/isn't being audited.
I can assure you that he gets audited almost every year. Everyone in his financial plateau get's audited.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
As a Treasury Department employee, I can tell you first hand how audits of High Income Earners go. First, a team of specialized Revenue Agents are assigned the case. The Revenue Agent Group Manager also has a hands on role on these types of audits. The return is broken down into parts, and each part is assigned to a Revenue Agent that specializes in that area. Once an initial review is completed, a lengthy notice is sent that details all of the supporting documentation they are requesting. The initial review can take up to a year. The taxpayer will then have 30 to 60 days to respond, extensions are routinely given on these complex cases. Once the documentation has been received, the Revenue Agents will review it, and either ask for additional information, or reach a preliminary determination. This review could take another year. Once the preliminary determination is made, the taxpayer will have the right to request a pre-determination appeal. If they choose this route, it could take 6 months to a year to be assigned to an Appeals Officer. If everyone doesn't agree, the appeal will be closed, and a Statutory Notice of Deficiency will be issued. At this point, the taxpayer will have 90 days to petition the Federal Tax Court if they want to continue to challenge the IRS. Most tax court cases take 12 to 18 months to start, and can drag on for years. I have seen large dollar examinations take 3 to 5 years.

I just want to add for legal reasons that I do not know anyone connected to the examination of President Trump's tax returns, and I do not have any personal knowledge of those proceedings.

Thank You for the education!

These Democrats can't follow simple instructions to cook mac and cheese from the box and all of the sudden they are tax experts and can read and understand someone's else tax returns and all the forms.

Most of them have to pay H & R Block to do their 1040A and 1040 EZ forms because they have no clue but all of the sudden they want to see Trump's tax returns and pretend they know what to look for to have something ro complain about.....lol

Old 09-08-2017, 04:33 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
House panel rejects measure to seek Trump's tax returns | TheHill

A House panel on Thursday rejected another Democratic resolution to request President Trump’s tax returns, as Republicans are increasing their focus on overhauling the tax code.

The House Ways and Means Committee voted along party lines to unfavorably report the measure to the House Floor.

Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) had introduced the resolution shortly before the House left for its monthlong August recess. He introduced the measure the same day that key GOP lawmakers and administration officials released joint tax-reform principles.

What don't they want us to see? Why is trump different from every other POTUS for the past 40 years?
Because then they would have to impeach and they know Pence is just as bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies