Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Well, as a liberal- the old fashioned kind, I can tell you that I don't care what the DNC and the sell-out establishment thinks. They need to change, not us.

Bernie backers' attacks on Democrats infuriate the party - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 06:02 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
what? I thought the entire Democratic Party was united thanks to Trump? Lol

Old 09-08-2017, 06:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
what? I thought the entire Democratic Party was united thanks to Trump? Lol
They are about as united as the Republican Party.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:14 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
The comments are hysterical. Do people really still think the Russians rigged the election? Had more influence than the media?

The Bernie supporters are definitely hurting the party. You'll know many of them by the masks they wear.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The comments are hysterical. Do people really still think the Russians rigged the election? Had more influence than the media?

The Bernie supporters are definitely hurting the party. You'll know many of them by the masks they wear.
If you say so. It's the establishment DNC that couldn't beat Trump. The tone deaf DNC ran the only Democrat that Trump could beat.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
..........and the GOP doesn't like the trump right wing nuts from his cult,so?
Funny thing is that many of the Trumpers aren't all that right wing. Lots of them were casting a protest vote. We live in interesting times.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:42 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
I'm overjoyed by the fractioning in the parties.

Both of them.

We have a two party system, and this is [unfortunately] unlikely to change anytime soon. So we should want the parties to be in some situation that best suits the republic.

To me, the means parties that are not unified. They can be vaguely unified in broad ideology; having a conservative party and a progressive party seems reasonably enough. But their should be factions within the party as ideological purity in only two parties should terrify anyone who actually likes having a republic. Two monolithic parties is only slightly better than only having one.

I hope they fraction further and either learn to accept that the parties don't require uniformity or break up the parties so we have more than two options. It's a win-win for all of us, in my mind.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
If you say so. It's the establishment DNC that couldn't beat Trump. The tone deaf DNC ran the only Democrat that Trump could beat.
Believe me, Trump would have won by even bigger margins if Bernie won the primary. I am 99% positive of that.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'm overjoyed by the fractioning in the parties.

Both of them.

We have a two party system, and this is [unfortunately] unlikely to change anytime soon. So we should want the parties to be in some situation that best suits the republic.

To me, the means parties that are not unified. They can be vaguely unified in broad ideology; having a conservative party and a progressive party seems reasonably enough. But their should be factions within the party as ideological purity in only two parties should terrify anyone who actually likes having a republic. Two monolithic parties is only slightly better than only having one.

I hope they fraction further and either learn to accept that the parties don't require uniformity or break up the parties so we have more than two options. It's a win-win for all of us, in my mind.
I absolutely agree with this. I like that the Republicans don't vote in lockstep. Maybe the Democrats will become that way too.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Believe me, Trump would have won by even bigger margins if Bernie won the primary. I am 99% positive of that.
The actual polls and my unscientific observations of non-extremist Trump voters here and in real life, as well as the spoil-sports that just didn't show up at the polls at all ( shame on them) Show Sanders with a large margin of victory. There were a LOT of Independents planning on voting for Bernie. Idiots just didn't change their registration in time for the primaries.

He would not have gotten much of his agenda past our Republican Congress though. Maybe some compromise, as he is actually well-respected by his long time colleagues.

Last edited by NLVgal; 09-08-2017 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies