Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you not remember the name calling of Obama and Michele. It was the most horrible thing I have ever heard about a president and his wife. Calling our first lady an ape in heels was racist and disgusting.
And would calling Trump or Ms. Trump an ape be racist as well? If not, why not? I don't see how calling ANYONE an animal is any more racist in one case than in the other, and any better in one case than in the other. Unless you see some sort of connection between humans and apes that is somehow race-related, I don't follow your thinking on this. It's inappropriate either way... and being done daily now by the same folks who were so offended by it when it was being done during the past eight years. Yet they are doing it now. So... were they really so offended if they are doing the same thing now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 11:14 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I'd venture to say that a lot higher percentage of Trump supporters are White Supremacists

I'd say a least 20% of Trump supporters are, at least and i'm being conservative.
You didnt really think this through. If there were that many millions and millions of white supremacists in this country, policy and most communities would be much different.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:17 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
You didnt really think this through. If there were that many millions and millions of white supremacists in this country, policy and most communities would be much different.
Again, the KKK, and Neo Nazi portion of this country is so infinitesimally small that it is insignificant except for the media, and some progressives who want to make it seem many if not most white people are in these groups. It is just a big LIE. Let's call it what it is.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:24 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I didn't know transsexual and gays were allow to openly serve in the German Army in the 30's......what's this another fake news from the left.

in the U.S. military in WW 2 both things were reason for discharge.......try again.
Not sure about trans but many gay people were sent to the death camps.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
In about 50 yrs the repubs are going to become rare critters. I am a white guy and anyone cab see that as more people ofcolr grow up in the USA they will mostly be democrats and as racist white guys i grew up with used to say the only way to get rid of ******s and mexicans is to ****em white! That plan has failed.

So katygirl you can't bar the door. Sooner than later your daughter, grand, etc will be working for a man named sanchez and he is a Muslim. The scales of justice will balance themselves
Dude, I'm not a racist. I live in Houston, where that stuff is happening now and has been for a long time. My problem with liberals is that they claim the moral high ground on everything when they don't hold it. When they go low, we go high. Yeah, right.

An example is when liberals claimed Sarah Palin putting crosshairs on a congressional district inspired a crazy person to go shoot up a rally, but claim the opposite when a Bernie Sanders supporter goes and shoots up a Republican baseball practice. People blamed Republicans for that! They're a bunch of friggin hypocrites.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Dude, I'm not a racist. I live in Houston, where that stuff is happening now and has been for a long time. My problem with liberals is that they claim the moral high ground on everything when they don't hold it. When they go low, we go high. Yeah, right.

An example is when liberals claimed Sarah Palin putting crosshairs on a congressional district inspired a crazy person to go shoot up a rally, but claim the opposite when a Bernie Sanders supporter goes and shoots up a Republican baseball practice. People blamed Republicans for that! They're a bunch of friggin hypocrites.
what? lol...

you aren't making any sense

Old 09-13-2017, 11:52 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/...s-spoiler-nah/

What's up with liberals obsession with comparing Trump and his supporters to Nazis? They've been doing it am since 2015 and it seems getting tiring
nope crowd loved it and it makes a very fair point. Trump has been supporting Nazi, alts, WP, KKK... thus the shoe fits....

as to colbert and arrest, i find it funny how the alt rights , racists and hard right always want jail time for liberals when they exercise FREE SPEECH and then cry and cry and cry when someone suggests they should not be allowed to say xyz...

Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And would calling Trump or Ms. Trump an ape be racist as well? If not, why not? I don't see how calling ANYONE an animal is any more racist in one case than in the other, and any better in one case than in the other. Unless you see some sort of connection between humans and apes that is somehow race-related, I don't follow your thinking on this. It's inappropriate either way... and being done daily now by the same folks who were so offended by it when it was being done during the past eight years. Yet they are doing it now. So... were they really so offended if they are doing the same thing now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies