Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Rape has shockingly little to do with sexual urge. Men who commit rape do so because they have no regards for the feelings of the female in the first place. They are not looking for ways to "not rape."

Conversely, a man who understands that a female is a human being who deserves to be treated with respect is not going to rape a women regardless of how much he desires her, or how many he has had.

To address OPs point, we are becoming a third world country in our lifetime. This reminds me of South Africa where they used to put up huge billboards of men beating women with captions such as: "DON'T BEAT A WOMAN...A WOMAN IS YOUR FRIEND." Of course, they were really talking about rape, which was/is an epidemic there.
And this notification didnt come from a Proteas college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Quote:
Rape has shockingly little to do with sexual urge. Men who commit rape do so because they have no regards for the feelings of the female in the first place. They are not looking for ways to "not rape."

Conversely, a man who understands that a female is a human being who deserves to be treated with respect is not going to rape a women regardless of how much he desires her, or how many he has had.

To address OPs point, we are becoming a third world country in our lifetime. This reminds me of South Africa where they used to put up huge billboards of men beating women with captions such as: "DON'T BEAT A WOMAN...A WOMAN IS YOUR FRIEND." Of course, they were really talking about rape, which was/is an epidemic there.
While it’s become de rigueur in gender studies classes to define rape as a culturally-influenced act of political domination to which males are almost universally acclimated, the reality is that the vast majority of rape accusations arise out of relatively simple and common social situations which are typically connected with consensual sexual behavior. That is to say that most people who engage in sexual activity under circumstances analogous to the situation in which an accusation of rape has arisen, do so with all parties consenting.

We also know that rates of sexual assault involving female victims begin to rise when those victims enter their mid-teens and continue to rise until they peak with victims who are in their late-twenties. Rates for female victims then slow down until they drop significantly for women over the age of forty. This would suggest that the likelihood of rape correlates to what are typically considered the prime years of sexual attractiveness in women.

Rape is a horrendous crime of violence which results form the individual decision of the rapist to subjugate the dignity of the victim to their own pleasure, but the notion that that pleasure is related to a gender-based desire for social dominance, as opposed to unchecked sexual desire, is largely a political construct.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
"REMEMBER THAT TIME BILL CLINTON FIRED HIS SURGEON GENERAL FOR ENCOURAGING MASTURBATION EDUCATION?"

Remember That Time Bill Clinton Fired His Surgeon General for Encouraging Masturbation Education?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:18 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
While it’s become de rigueur in gender studies classes to define rape as a culturally-influenced act of political domination to which males are almost universally acclimated, the reality is that the vast majority of rape accusations arise out of relatively simple and common social situations which are typically connected with consensual sexual behavior. That is to say that most people who engage in sexual activity under circumstances analogous to the situation in which an accusation of rape has arisen, do so with all parties consenting.

We also know that rates of sexual assault involving female victims begin to rise when those victims enter their mid-teens and continue to rise until they peak with victims who are in their late-twenties. Rates for female victims then slow down until they drop significantly for women over the age of forty. This would suggest that the likelihood of rape correlates to what are typically considered the prime years of sexual attractiveness in women.

Rape is a horrendous crime of violence which results form the individual decision of the rapist to subjugate the dignity of the victim to their own pleasure, but the notion that that pleasure is related to a gender-based desire for social dominance, as opposed to unchecked sexual desire, is largely a political construct.
You didn't read a word that I wrote, so I sill simplify it.

If a man either has it in him to be a rapist, or he doesn't. If he does, he is not looking for ways to "not rape." If he doesn't, nothing is going to make him rape.

Whether he jerks off before a party has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:10 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Personally, I like having Piglet use whips and chains on me before I go out to avoid committing sexual assault but whatever works...

SICKO!

Now Eeyore, Ooooh Yeah! ::drool::

Old 09-12-2017, 07:04 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
That must be why I never raped anyone.
It's why I use braille.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:01 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Perhaps they need to teach more fulfilling masturbation techniques and better implements.

https://www.amazon.com/Tenga-Egg-Ste...ef=sr_1_5_a_it
https://www.amazon.com/Tenga-3D-Pile...f=sr_1_14_a_it

Teach guys to be more in touch with their own pleasure rather than seeking it in another.

Or, perhaps better virtual reality and / or sex doll technology is the key.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:20 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
You didn't read a word that I wrote, so I sill simplify it.

If a man either has it in him to be a rapist, or he doesn't. If he does, he is not looking for ways to "not rape." If he doesn't, nothing is going to make him rape.

Whether he jerks off before a party has nothing to do with it.
It's almost like they are normalizing rape.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
I can see it now. The Don't Hate, Masterbate campaign. Because when it comes to down under, listen to those from down under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies