Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 08:11 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem with unbiased reporting, and Trump is, after all, the most famous and powerful person on earth. To mention his properties, without snark and ugliness, is OK, imo. I watch precious little of network news, so I'll probably not know what bent their reporting takes. Let 'em babble. No skin off my (or Trump's) back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 08:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Does Jennifer Lawrence and all her dumb liberal celebrity friends know that hurricanes have existed since Earth began over 4 billion years ago? Before there were any fossil fuel burning by man?

I'd be more worried if hurricanes stop happening actually. The Left just gets dumber and dumber.
Except that Jennifer Lawrence never said what you claim she did. A C-D poster fabricated that story. Anyone who read what Lawrence did say knows what you claim is a lie. Not that I think for a moment that knowledge will stop you from repeating it.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well at this point who doesn't know the name Trump so it is something that everyone can identify with, sort of like Disneyworld and for many they would like to see Trump's holdings destroyed.
The actress Jennifer Lawrence said that the hurricanes are Mother Natures way at getting back at Trump for his stance on the environment. I'm sure she and many others would be laughing themselves silly if Miralago was wiped out and call it karma.

It just goes to show how mean spirited the Left can be. It is pretty sad and telling when the party of diversity and acceptance would delight in someones pain and destruction.

Oh yeah, your side has such clean hands in that regard !

Old 09-09-2017, 08:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
People are interested.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:18 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Except that Jennifer Lawrence never said what you claim she did. A C-D poster fabricated that story. Anyone who read what Lawrence did say knows what you claim is a lie. Not that I think for a moment that knowledge will stop you from repeating it.
I just googled "Jennifer Lawrence" and "hurricane" and the story is all over the Internet. I think I'll trust that more than you.

Besides, celebrities making stupid comments aren't exactly unheard of.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Who cares what happens to the poor people; I want to know what will happen to the country clubs.

(what NBC is thinking)

Old 09-09-2017, 08:20 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Who waches NBC anymore?
Evidently all the trump cult does, that is who is complaining about it, no one else cares.
Agreed.

If they didn't watch they wouldn't know what is being covered, and shouldn't care.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:21 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh yeah, your side has such clean hands in that regard !
We are talking about liberals right now. Don't try to deflect.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:21 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Agreed.

If they didn't watch they wouldn't know what is being covered, and shouldn't care.

So you have to watch it to come across this tweet? Liberal logic

Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I just googled "Jennifer Lawrence" and "hurricane" and the story is all over the Internet. I think I'll trust that than you.
Oh, I know all the right wing hysteria is all over the Internet. But never did she say what you, or all the hysterics, are claiming she said. Here are the actual quotes that have you guys all hysterical:

Quote:
"It's been proven through science — that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it, and the only voice that we really have is through voting."

"You know, you’re watching these hurricanes now, and it’s really hard, especially while promoting this movie, not to feel Mother Nature’s rage and wrath.”
From that, you hysterics are claiming that she said hurricanes are Mother Nature's way of getting back at Trump. She didn't, of course. She's saying that this is the natural outcome of denying that climate change is real, and if we want to change that, we'll need to start voting in people who believe in it.

But froth away. It's what you guys do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies