Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,511,651 times

Advertisements

Having worked in hospitals when I was younger I'm not at all surprised. Working in that environment, particularly in trauma or ER takes a toll and folks get a tad crazy. I can still remember a lab that had a HUGE squash in a formaldehyde jar that was surgically extracted from some guy's butt in the early 80s. Apparently someone thought it prime for show and tell. I hardly think someone should be fired for something like this though. It's wrong but hardly harmful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,760,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Perhaps it is a double standard, but I'm glad that no one was fired over this. Now, I'd recommend unpaid suspension vs. paid suspension, but I'm not for job termination when there is no living victim so to speak.
Yes there are living victims, the guy's family that thought they were entrusting their husband, father, son, or brother to the hospital to be cared for, only to find out that he was used by some of the women working there for their sexual jollies. And yes it is sexual. I doubt they open body bags to look at unusual elbows.

What it seems you are saying is that anything goes so long as the patient never knows how badly they were treated. Had it been your teenage or 20-something daughter and the male staff treated your daughter that way would you be OK with them receiving such a minor punishment?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:51 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,760,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Having worked in hospitals when I was younger I'm not at all surprised. Working in that environment, particularly in trauma or ER takes a toll and folks get a tad crazy. I can still remember a lab that had a HUGE squash in a formaldehyde jar that was surgically extracted from some guy's butt in the early 80s. Apparently someone thought it prime for show and tell. I hardly think someone should be fired for something like this though. It's wrong but hardly harmful.
Where do you draw the line than? These nurses went way beyond any semblance of treating this guy with respect and dignity. Nurses who were not part of his care team had no need to ogle him in this way, yet their friends and co-workers called them over to get a look see. Even in death this guy was not afforded any respect.

When I go to the hospital I go there for medical care, not to be part of a peep show for the staff. That I might not be aware that they are doing it doesn't change anything. Wrong is wrong.

I don't live in Denver but if I did I'd be leery of this hospital, not because they have some rogue nurses, that can happen anywhere, but because the hospital condones this kind of behavior.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:51 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,132,052 times
Didnt know nurses were this creepy ..but it would be hilarious if a bunch of equally creepy male nurses spread the legs of a female corpse or penetrated a female corpse to satisfy their own curiosity and then expected to be put on paid leave...lol

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,604,919 times
I've been a nurse in various settings and have never seen anything like that!!

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 AM

25,758 posts, read 21,911,331 times
I have heard of this going on in surgery, comments and such. I don't think it is a male or female issue. Perverts come in all genders. Looking at a dead body that way makes it more disturbing IMO. Of course, I am sure many are aware that there are those that suffer from "necrophilia", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrophilia which makes this situation seem not as crazy. Lots of crazy out there.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:13 AM

35,496 posts, read 20,860,187 times
seen one seen them all - dumb

Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Denver Health nurses suspended after opening body bag to see man

I hadn't seen this one posted here and thought it worthy of discussion. The man was ogled by nurses who were not part of his care team while he was comatose and then they even went so far as to open his body bag for more viewings after he died. The hospital apparently gave them a 3 week paid suspension and then put a note in their file. In short, the hospital apparently condones this kind of behavior by their relative inaction. Some would say they were rewarded with an extra 3 week vacation. They should have instead been fired on the spot.

Had it been a female patient and male nurses, for sure they'd of been charged with a crime and been fired, but disrespecting male patients in such a demeaning manner is OK. The double standard in medicine lives on. Nobody should fool themselves otherwise.

Perhaps the hospital should post a sign at all of its entrances:

"All male patients are subject to genital inspections on demand by any of our female staff. Male patients should have no expectation of being treated in a respectful and dignified manner."
It's wrong - no matter what the gender and they should be fired. Obviously they have no respect for the living or the dead.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:17 AM

34,172 posts, read 18,460,701 times
No wonder post op infection, and C. difficile are such problems now. The nurses are too busy checking out CORPSES!

Old 09-10-2017, 08:19 AM

25,792 posts, read 16,434,167 times
Every man's dream, having young women admire his package even in death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies