Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 09:13 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

John McCain to me (keyword: me, just one person's opinion) is someone who traded his integrity for a shot at being president. (yeah yeah, he is not the only one)

He’s walked back on some of his positions, but he comes across as angry and bitter.

Now, he is obsessed with Trump. The public feud between the two old men need to stop.

He is also a war hawk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 09:16 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
^^^^^This. It is a shame that when a politician wants to do the right thing and have a partisan bill, he basically gets spat on.

if politicians did "the right thing" we wouldnt have ACA today.

yea i know blah blah millions more have insurance that didnt before, blah blah and the other left wing rhetoric that goes with it. Thats cool and all but I should not be -forced- to subsidize the cost of others healthcare in a supposed Democracy, If I wanted to do that Id move to Canada or one of the Nordic countries.
It is indeed a failure for the Party if this doesn't get repealed as they said it would, however it'll be ok with me when it fails on its own too.

also lets be clear the leftists in this thread are going to defend McCain because it protects ACA..not because they think McCain is trying to do whats right.

Last edited by tripleh; 09-23-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 09-23-2017, 09:18 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
John McCain is one of a handful of elected representatives that has true integrity. He is by no means a democrat. But he is willing to take a stand when he sees the Swamp trying to pass a bill strictly for political gain, without ANY concern about how the bill will effect people. If only more of our elected officials would do the right thing, rather than pandering to their party's agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
^^^^^This. .
So McCain believes that a bill that impacts 1/6th of the economy should be discussed. Could he actually be worried about the millions of Americans who will lose their health insurance? Is he concerned that people with pre-existing conditions will no longer be able to afford insurance?

Could it be he has a shred of integrity? A sense of responsibility?

If so, he probably should switch parties.

It would be for the best.

He probably feels lonely among Rs.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:19 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
John McCain to me (keyword: me, just one person's opinion) is someone who traded his integrity for a shot at being president. (yeah yeah, he is not the only one)

He’s walked back on some of his positions, but he comes across as angry and bitter.

Now, he is obsessed with Trump. The public feud between the two old men need to stop.

He is also a war hawk.
True! He's just offended by the comment Trump made about POWs, so instead of dealing with is own internal demons, he decides to mope and pout and be hypocritical.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:21 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

He is also a war hawk.
This isn't about Trump. Hell, Trump has had very little to do with the crafting of the skinny bill or the Graham-cassidy bill. This is about McCain not voting against bills he feels were rushed, didn't go through the proper process and even worse than the alternative.

What do you think were good about either bill, that it deserved to pass?

Old 09-23-2017, 09:23 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
if politicians did "the right thing" we wouldnt have ACA today.

yea i know blah blah millions more have insurance that didnt before, blah blah and the other left wing rhetoric that goes with it. Thats cool and all but I should not be -forced- to subsidize the cost of others healthcare in a supposed Democracy, If I wanted to do that Id move to Canada or one of the Nordic countries.
It is indeed a failure for the Party if this doesnt get repealed as they said it would, however it'll be ok with me when it fails on its own too.

You do realize that when someone who had no insurance went to the hospital racked up huge debt they couldn t pay back, we were already paying for it...

Old 09-23-2017, 09:25 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This isn't about Trump. Hell, Trump has had very little to do with the crafting of the skinny bill or the Graham-cassidy bill. This is about McCain not voting against bills he feels were rushed, didn't go through the proper process and even worse than the alternative.

What do you think were good about either bill, that it deserved to pass?
Did i say anything about the "bill"?

I don't think I did.

You may think this is not about Trump, I think it has everything to do with Trump.

I am not saying I am right, but it is my opinion.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:28 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
True! He's just offended by the comment Trump made about POWs, so instead of dealing with is own internal demons, he decides to mope and pout and be hypocritical.
Trump didn't make a comment about POWs, he specifically denigrated McCain's service to his country. There's a difference, especially coming from a coward who hid behind his golden walls while other Americans were out fighting in his place.

As for this latest POS bill the Republicans are trying to pass, virtually anyone with a preexisting condition would be required to pony up thousands of dollars in surcharges before they could be covered. Someone with arthritis could be required to pay a nearly $27,000 surcharge in order to get covered. Someone who had a cancer diagnosis could be required to pay $142,000. That's not health insurance. That's anti-health insurance.

McCain has the good sense to say no to this crap. Good for him.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:29 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize that when someone who had no insurance went to the hospital racked up huge debt they couldn t pay back, we were already paying for it...
you mean the illegals that go to the ER? Oh yea.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:31 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
you mean the illegals that go to the ER? Oh yea.
No, the uninsured, many, many, many of whom are not illegals. Try to stay focused here, if you're capable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies