Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 10:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 857,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One dies so many can live.
That's a supreme understatement.

With all the printing/deficit spending we're going to have to do to rebuild Texas, Florida and bail out insurance companies, Walnut's was out in force yesterday hammering on the fact that we need to give even more money to the military. He just won't let that die.

But when he talks about more money to the military.......it's not really the about funding the men and women in the military; it's more money to fund proxy armies in other countries and defense contractors for more weapons and hardware procurement.

One could make a case that McCain's behavior is indicative of someone who believes they going to continue to lead a long life or, they are going to leave the planet soon, only to shortly thereafter be reincarnated back into the same kind of oligarchical status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 11:35 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
That's a supreme understatement.

With all the printing/deficit spending we're going to have to do to rebuild Texas, Florida and bail out insurance companies, Walnut's was out in force yesterday hammering on the fact that we need to give even more money to the military. He just won't let that die.

But when he talks about more money to the military.......it's not really the about funding the men and women in the military; it's more money to fund proxy armies in other countries and defense contractors for more weapons and hardware procurement.

One could make a case that McCain's behavior is indicative of someone who believes they going to continue to lead a long life or, they are going to leave the planet soon, only to shortly thereafter be reincarnated back into the same kind of oligarchical status.
The sad thing is (D)'s used to be against this.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
McCain was asked how his cancer treatment is going and he said he has the best doctors!

Not many people liked his answer as he didn't vote to repeal Obamacare which took good doctors from many insured people!

McCain should get the same doctors as Obamacare is giving!

What a hypocrite!
Congress has to buy their policies on the exchanges.
Yes, they get employer subsidies but they still have to buy ACA compliant policies.

So, the good senator is getting the same (best) doctors that Obamacare is giving.
As are millions of other people, myself included.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes, they get employer subsidies but they still have to buy ACA compliant policies.

So, the good senator is getting the same (best) doctors that Obamacare is giving.
Actually NO he is not. The hospital that McCain is going to (Mayo Clinic) does not accept Medicare,Medicaid,Medicare Advantage or ACA policies.
How do I know? I asked them as I wanted to go there for a procedure.

My guess is he is using a self pay health plan or one provided by his wealthy wife.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What disgusting thoughts you people have about a war hero and public servant who didn't even need to work because he's married to a beer heiress. He's trying to give all of you access to what he has. And you vilify him for it.

You are right, we human beings are an ungrateful, sorry lot. Animals have more loyalty and sense of right and wrong than we do.

McCain served America honorably, in the military and in politics. I gained a whole lot of respect for him when he refused to trash Obama when he was running against him. John McCain has class and cares about America and Americans.

Some of these people on here prefer to look up to a draft dodging, business cheating, lying, SOS like Trump and they have the nerve to dis McCain because he speaks the truth.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Millions can not afford the deductibles and co-pays. Besides, McCain would be covered by the V.A. and won't have to wait in line like others.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave.../#159cb98b40ec

Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,328,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
He was a loser who didn't follow orders! He thought he could live off of his father's laurels and that's why he was captured.
His beer heiress wife was a woman of no morals. McCain left his first wife, who nearly died while he was captured, but still protected and supported him. He was a serial cheater.
People who cheat on their wife do have moral issues.

Do you think if you try hard you could think of another politician who cheated on his wife?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:43 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,419,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
People who cheat on their wife do have moral issues.

Do you think if you try hard you could think of another politician who cheated on his wife?
Besides Reagan?

Old 09-13-2017, 10:23 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,328,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Besides Reagan?
Yes. Also besides Clinton. Perhaps someone also currently in high office?

Old 09-13-2017, 10:53 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,529,129 times
McCain has said and done many things I disagree with but he's always come off as someone who puts country before party and for that I respect him.

Not surprisingly there are plenty of sick comments in this thread from a bunch of partisans but I suppose that's par for the course these days.

Remember when Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority decision on ACA? Boy there was a lot of screaming then too about how much of a traitor he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies