Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 08:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

are you libs nuts....Medicare for all and open borders is going to bankrupt this country.....The Feds have proven they can't handle a single payer system from the current Medicare system which there is over 50 billion dollar in fraud each year and they say there is more it's just they can't find it and the VA.

and the solution from the libs is more government? the last time the Democrats passed a healthcare new law the health care premiums and health care costs of the middle class and the majority of Americans went up over 70% and benefits cut and it will continue to grow......now they have another bad idea that will bankrupt this country? NO thank you libs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:36 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Depends on what you consider is wealthy. Money is all subjective.

Want to buy a beachfront property? Yeah 250K is barely scratching the surface. Want to buy a so-so house in a middle class neighborhood? You can buy it straight up in cash.

Statistically speaking, 250K is already in the top 2-3% of all American households. If you don't think being in the top 2-3% is wealthy, something is wrong with the way you view the spending power of that kind of money.
oh please , a household income of 250k is still middleclass...its NOT rich

the imaginary red line liberals want to paint for what is rich

taxes are based on household income

why always the discrimination from the liberals...tax the rich...what about fairness and equality

why the deception from the liberals...in the 1950's rich (top bracket) was household incomes over 380k...thats over 3.5 million in todays dollars...yet the liberals want to say 250k is rich???

a nassau county police officer(150k)((((a nassau police officer (regular PO , not a sergeant or a cpt) has a top pay after 6 years of 108k...the average PO makes 150k with basepay, overtime, and night dif ))))) married to a east meadow teacher (110k-150k depending on seniority )...is rich??? so we are saying that a workingclass cop married to a workingclass teacher is rich, because their household income crosses some magical line in the sand...very silly if you as me

remember the AMT...it was another liberal answer to tax the rich...now the middleclass gets hit with it

do you really think that all americans are blind to this....they they are not going to like the liberal typical answer of ..."well...we were going to tax the rich, now rich is defined as anyone with a job

should a NYC garbageman (PC TERM :satitation worker)(defiantly workingclass )(((( Garbage collectors, or sanitation engineers routinely make over $120K per year in places such as Seattle & NYC, and have been for several years. ))))) 100k plus....married to a east meadow(Nassau county) teacher (110k-150k)...be called rich??? so we are saying that a workingclass garbageman married to a workingclass teacher is rich, because their household income crosses some magical line in the sand

should a WORKINGCLASS Suffolk county Police officer (std PO, not detective, or sgt, or cpt) who makes a base salary of 130k plus overtime, who is married to a WORKINGCLASS teacher from Nassau county(110k-150k)...be called rich???.........all because the magically crossed aome imaginary line in the sand that the fascist liberals call rich today

NYC bus mechanics make 45/hr...105k a year...plus overtime, night diff, etc

Old 09-13-2017, 11:04 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
are you libs nuts....Medicare for all and open borders is going to bankrupt this country.....The Feds have proven they can't handle a single payer system from the current Medicare system which there is over 50 billion dollar in fraud each year and they say there is more it's just they can't find it and the VA.

and the solution from the libs is more government? the last time the Democrats passed a healthcare new law the health care premiums and health care costs of the middle class and the majority of Americans went up over 70% and benefits cut and it will continue to grow......now they have another bad idea that will bankrupt this country? NO thank you libs.
It has been successful in many other countries. If you don't want universal healthcare then join a union. They pay 100 percent for our healthcare.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It has been successful in many other countries. If you don't want universal healthcare then join a union. They pay 100 percent for our healthcare.
while many other counties may have some sort of universal health care (most not singlepayer) they also have EXTREMELY HIGH TAXES and not the best for actually making a livings

Quote:
let's look at Denmark.....
sure they get free education, and free health care....and a Teacher may make 61,000 USD per year..............
but............

Minimum income tax in Denmark is 40%
they also have a 25% sales tax
the government applies multiple duties and fees
a gallon of petro (gasoline) is $10+
Tax on a car is 180%, meaning a car that sells for 20k in the USA(like a Honda Accord) sells for 40k ijn Denmark
the Danish has the HIGHEST personal debt in the world
very few will ever own a car or a house
income over $80,000 pays a personal income tax of 68%, this means people with higher incomes have either found a was to evade those taxes, or have left the country taking their countries with them
Denamarks suidcide rate for the last 5 decades has averaged over 24/100,000 with the highest during those decade at 32....the us suicide rate has average 11.1/100,000 and never exceeded 12.7

more than 12% of the Danish are on anti-depressents...yet the media says they are the happiest in the world.....go figure

Old 09-14-2017, 10:48 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Medicare is financed through a Trust Fund that everyone pays into through FICA. No part of deficit spending is part of that.

What deficit spending IS apart of, is our military.
Any Federal program linked to or funded by the general fund essentially participates/shares in deficit spending. Including the military and Medicare.

That being said, my real point is that with Medicare, beneficiaries reap much higher in total benefits than what they pay in. Typically on the order of 1/3. One very major reason why it is so successful for seniors.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,454,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while many other counties may have some sort of universal health care (most not singlepayer) they also have EXTREMELY HIGH TAXES and not the best for actually making a livings
Or you could look at Canadian taxes

Do Canadians Really Pay More Taxes Than Americans?

With a good basis for coverage.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
The problem with "tax the wealthy" is that it trickles down to the middle class.

More middle class are caught by AMT now then ever before. Remember AMT was supposed to be an extra tax "on the rich" ?

And it falls way short of what is really needed. Take a look at the failed Vermont plan when the true financing was finally unveiled.
A new state tax, and more like 18% additonal payroll tax (11% employer, 7% employee) in addition to the current FICA tax.

And what about those that don't work or don't have any income tax to pay ? With no medicaid do they just get this "medicare for all" for free ?
Well Trickle down isn't a Guarantee the Bush tax cuts for instance had no effect on raising the middle class wages.

As for that Payroll tax seems about right. I Pay about 8.5% of Paycheck to Healthcare premium My employer pays about 16%. That would be a decent savings.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please , a household income of 250k is still middleclass...its NOT rich

the imaginary red line liberals want to paint for what is rich

taxes are based on household income

why always the discrimination from the liberals...tax the rich...what about fairness and equality

why the deception from the liberals...in the 1950's rich (top bracket) was household incomes over 380k...thats over 3.5 million in todays dollars...yet the liberals want to say 250k is rich???

a nassau county police officer(150k)((((a nassau police officer (regular PO , not a sergeant or a cpt) has a top pay after 6 years of 108k...the average PO makes 150k with basepay, overtime, and night dif ))))) married to a east meadow teacher (110k-150k depending on seniority )...is rich??? so we are saying that a workingclass cop married to a workingclass teacher is rich, because their household income crosses some magical line in the sand...very silly if you as me

remember the AMT...it was another liberal answer to tax the rich...now the middleclass gets hit with it

do you really think that all americans are blind to this....they they are not going to like the liberal typical answer of ..."well...we were going to tax the rich, now rich is defined as anyone with a job

should a NYC garbageman (PC TERM :satitation worker)(defiantly workingclass )(((( Garbage collectors, or sanitation engineers routinely make over $120K per year in places such as Seattle & NYC, and have been for several years. ))))) 100k plus....married to a east meadow(Nassau county) teacher (110k-150k)...be called rich??? so we are saying that a workingclass garbageman married to a workingclass teacher is rich, because their household income crosses some magical line in the sand

should a WORKINGCLASS Suffolk county Police officer (std PO, not detective, or sgt, or cpt) who makes a base salary of 130k plus overtime, who is married to a WORKINGCLASS teacher from Nassau county(110k-150k)...be called rich???.........all because the magically crossed aome imaginary line in the sand that the fascist liberals call rich today

NYC bus mechanics make 45/hr...105k a year...plus overtime, night diff, etc
Statistically not middle class at all. It depends on definition but pretty much no one is going to include the top 10% of earners as middle class.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:15 PM

271 posts, read 190,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
As a hard right wing republican and Trump supporter I am 100% all in for Medicare for everyone.

But, of course you do know Medicare is not free, right?

I'm near 70, retired, on a fixed income and yet I have to pay for Medicare so why would anyone be so foolish to believe Medicare is a freebee?

Let's see if YOU are willing to pay your fair share, shall we?
You don't seem to understand Medicare. My husband and I pay our full share and get nothing for it.

It goes to YOU

Then the same will happen to us when we are your age

So without paying enough Medicare Taxes, the $134 PartB will not be enough to cover average Joe who hasn't paid thousands into the system as of yet

S
o we need to keep him around, and healthy enough, so he can pay back what he uses

Old 09-19-2017, 03:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
Well Trickle down isn't a Guarantee the Bush tax cuts for instance had no effect on raising the middle class wages.

As for that Payroll tax seems about right. I Pay about 8.5% of Paycheck to Healthcare premium My employer pays about 16%. That would be a decent savings.
Trickle down doesn't work. Period. Time and time again, the GOP pushes tax cuts to the rich with little to no effect on lower income brackets. The only people who benefit from these tax cuts are the rich and corporations (and shareholders).

Looking at my current pay stub, me and my employer are paying roughly $6000/year for my high deductible healthcare plan, about 10% of my salary. I'd happily pay that 10% to a single payer Medicare system that didn't have a $3000 deductible and I could actually see a doctor when I need to rather than penny pinching except in emergencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies