Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times

Advertisements

Oh but everybody wants to live there, it's so nice and warm. Non-disease ridden places are cold and boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 09:14 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And further more, San Diego's mayor is a Republican. And San Diego has had Republican mayors in the past. Homelessness is rising in San Diego. Can't blame that on "liberals".
He's a RINO. Pro immigration, pro climate change, pro all that inclusion stuff.

Faulconer lays out vision for 'New California Republicans' - The San Diego Union-Tribune

What is happening throughout California is that the middle class are fleeing because they cannot afford to live there and it's morphing into a state of wealthy/poor.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
What the hell has fecal contamination got to do with being liberal? Grow up and come to the table with a rational argument.

I lived in San Francisco for 3 years. It was disgusting. I could not wait to leave. I hated it. It has zip to do with being liberal.

You need to educate yourself why there is a massive homeless problem in California and it has nothing to do with being a Democratic state. Go away and research Californias homeless problem then come back here with an honest answer.
Well, to be honest those running SF make most liberals look ultra conservative and have for many years...

Old 09-12-2017, 09:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's gotten so expensive in the Bay Area, that people with jobs are living in their cars, or in situations like that warehouse that burned down with all those people in it in Oakland. I was in Oakland last summer for work and people there were paying 3k a month for total **** shacks.

My HS buddy that live in San Francisco makes well over 100k a year, and all he can afford is a studio.

People are being priced out of their homes. Oakland apartments that cost 800 a month five years ago have tripled in rent.

I wish I could say that I hope that never happens to people, like those in this thread that are callous about the plight of the broke people, but I'm not that enlightened of a person.
Those days I spoke of were well before Google and their "ilk" took over SF making SF unaffordable to all except the wealthy. Some of this goes back to when good old Diane Feinstein was boss hog there. The SF stink and homeless takeover has been going on for well over 20 years...

Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Those days I spoke of were well before Google and their "ilk" took over SF making SF unaffordable to all except the wealthy. Some of this goes back to when good old Diane Feinstein was boss hog there. The SF stink and homeless takeover has been going on for well over 20 years...
I noticed the rich/poor contrast even back in the 80s. Now it's crazy. I don't understand the willingness to live like a pauper just to reside there unless one has a guaranteed track to becoming one of the "haves". Even then, the homeless are still drugging and crapping on the streets in ever increasing numbers.

Maybe the wealthy like looking down on poor and middle class even if they have to step over needles and piles of dung to get to their offices. In most places the working class/poor would be horrified at the sights and sounds and smells of what is going on in elite expensive cities.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
After all this complaining do any of you have any legal, let alone humane, suggestions about what to do to solve these problems?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
After 15 die in hepatitis outbreak, San Diego begins sanitary street washing - LA Times

I know many California cities have the smell of liberalism which is the smell of feces and urine.

I was in downtown Los Angeles very recently and the stench of urine and feces was absolutely
crazy. Streets full of tents line overpasses and many streets downtown, yet the liberal California
politicians ignore it and turn their back on the homeless and have no shame that just a trip to a California
cities downtown could sicken someone.

It is like a third-world country in California. A gilded elite class than tremendous amounts of filth at ground-level that is nearly as much of a health hazard as chicken sitting in a hot sun.
So this is what conservatives have resorted to? The "smell" of liberalism is feces and urine? Give me a break.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:41 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
After all this complaining do any of you have any legal, let alone humane, suggestions about what to do to solve these problems?
All you can do is raise taxes and build more homeless shelters.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Maybe all the 1%'ers that live there can pitch in and build some homeless shelters instead of buying their 5th mansion?

Old 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Get Rid Of Democrats is their only idea of a solution for fixing any city's problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies