Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm sure she leaves her doors unlocked.
She is saying that Looting is a Civil Right ..... IF you are not white.
The Leftists keep navel gazing and trying figure out why they are rejected by Voters, the reason is pretty clear, they are BatGuano Nutters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
I don't like this. There should be consequences for crimes like theft. It shouldn't matter who you are. Equal protection, equal treatment.

We should judge individual actions individually, not collectively or distributively. Looting is not social justice.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:22 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Oh so should the cops look the other way because they are Black ?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where are you seeing this 'joy'? i have yet to see any.
I know. Same here. In fact the joy I get is reading all the nutty excuses for this and that.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:41 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Liberals grow more insane by the hour. There truly is no bounds with those losers.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Police have far more important things than looting to concentrate on right now. If I lived in one of those flooded cities and learned police were wasting time and resources trying to catch people stealing shoes and tvs, Id be demanding answers from the mayor.

All the looted items are covered by insurance and hello, its a flood, they are going to be destroyed by water and written off anyway!

I have a sneaky feeling insurance companies are pressuring police to get involved, property and money mean more to them.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:57 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I actually agree with you on that, phma.

I personally don't care about looting during a hurricane, but I also don't understand it because stealing shoes, TVs, etc would be the furthest thing while a hurricane is bearing down on my hometown.

I would be thinking survival. Who needs a TV when the power is out and who wants to try to keep it from being ruined by flood waters? Bizarre, really.

But, at the same time, I don't care that people loot because law enforcement have better things to do and business owners have insurance. And, as we saw with Houston, often that stuff would be ruined by the floods anyway, so why get riled over it?

All that said, I think "white supremacy" gets tossed around far too casually here lately.

I think you would care if your house got looted. There are some things that insurance will never cover.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Sounds like that writer is racist. Does she think only one race loots? smh @ her stupidity

Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
These people are an embarrassment to the average black person. One cannot judge all black people by the actions of these people. Even though it is true all the images presented were black people, then as "individuals' hold them accountable for themselves, not the "whole race". No people I know would go out and "loot". These people "as individuals" are responsible for themselves and they are responsible for any penalty that comes to them. But, No one can penalize the entire black society, for the actions of those who do looting, killing or any such things. The same as we don't penalize the entire white society, for those who kill their families, who's kids kill other kids, those who loot and embezzle and damage industry and companies.

People need to Go Look At the "DOJ" website and look at crime stats, and they may see the clear truth... of the high volume of white crimes, and how the numbers demonstrate the simple fact, there is a lot of crime in white society, but no one has condemned "all of white society" because of it. So... its time people stop trying to condemn a race, by the actions of individuals. Now... all the Right Wingers can come with anything they want, but if you care about the truth. Go look at the facts, and get off the emotional trigger knee jerk response and learn to deal with "RAW AND REAL FACTS"... YOU WILL FIND... YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TRY AND LABEL "AN ENTIRE RACE", UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO ALSO LABEL YOUR OWN "ENTIRE RACE".

Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm a moderate who leans left. I don't think I'm a "leftist," though. That said to say that I don't think anyone should be able to break the law with impunity. I just think I'm worried more about people's safety than I am about consumer goods during a severe weather situation.

People died during this hurricane. Human lives are more important than TVs and so forth.
Sorry RedZin, but your view is illustrative of a very big problem in America. The absurd willingness and ability to rationalize law-breaking.

Because this or that is happening, it's OK to STEAL. Because someone really needed new sneakers and nobody is around to stop them, it's OK to STEAL them. Oh right, because a store owner might have insurance, we should all just go STEAL their stuff.

A woeful lack of of moral compass, this country has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies