Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Apparent 'Ethnic Cleansing' Is Now Unfolding In Myanmar, U.N. Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Its about the rhohingya of Myanmar that are being murdered and raped by military forces after a group attacked the military. The people they are attacking are innocent civilians and kids. Wonder why this seems so under reported?

There's been news about it in all the Canadian media.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Canadi...&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 06:03 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
First time I am hearing about this and I watch more independent media that pride themselves on covering news that the mainstream media doesn't cover.
I am a bit surprised. I have seen news items on this for a long time.

It may be because I check the BBC News web page every day, it is the home page on my browser. I also listen to NPR on my commute a few times a week, but I do not own a television so no cable or other broadcast news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I think that country is almost at the bottom when it comes to income per capita. Also no strategic resources. Geographically insignificant.
Was known as Burma long ago.

The people involved are not insignificant. This is really tragic.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:17 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I have been seeing this on the news (BBC) every day and every night for almost two weeks.
Yes...it has been reported and The UN has been warning the perpetrators...But Myanmar is a back side of no where..and other than some gemstones and such..no one really cares...here in the US..it's just another genocide by the brown people..no big whoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies