Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
sickofnyc - Tragically you are right on the money.

The Bush admin could have helped prevent the subprime meltdown and they didn't. When all 50 US state attorneys general tried to help avert it, the Bush admin impeded their efforts to do so, in order to protect big banks. Eliot Spitzer was leading the charge, and therefore, was sacrificed.

It's entirely true that he screwed up, and deserved to fall. Very, very stupid of him. He should have known better.

Eliot Spitzer was similar to the legendary Eliot Ness, in terms of being a crime-fighter and going after the big boys. Unfortunately, so many people are just so wrapped-up in the Republican/Democrat/Conservative/Liberal flame wars, that they don't comprehend the enormity of this loss - a defender and advocate for the avg guy and for the middle class.
Yes, exactly, very well stated. People are so self righteous. I am pissed off at Spitzer for being so brilliant and yet so foolhardy. I do not condone prostitution, adultery or hypocrisy, but Spitzer is a loss. He should have stayed an Attorney General and forged ahead with his campaign against the evil ones that are bringing this nation down and selling down the river. Prostitutes will not be the demise of this country, but these greedy pigs will be.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:18 PM

Let's see...hmmm...Spitzer' crime - hires a prostitute

Bush/Cheney&Co. crimes
KATRINA - " I WASN'T AWARE OF THE WEAK LEVIES"
WALTER REED - I WASN'T AWARE OF THE CONDITIONS"
FOREWARNED ABOUT 9/11 AND IGNORED THE MEMOS
PORT SECURITY - ARGUING TO TURN IT OVER TO THE SAUDIS (THE SAME PEOPLE THAT HE IS BED WITH)
NEVER PURSUING OSAMA - "WE'LL SMOKE HIM OUT"
CLOSED THE DIVISION IF CIA THAT WAS HUNTING FOR OSAMA BIN LADEN
IGNORING GENEVA CONVENTION
PROVIDING THE BIN LADEN FAMILY WITH A PLANE TO GET THEM OUT
OF THE COUNTRY ON 9/11 BEFORE THE FBI COULD QUESTION THEM
GLOBAL WARMING DENIAL
WAR PROFITEERING
OUTING A COVERT CIA OPERATIVE
CREATING MORE TERRORISM BY ILLEGALY OCCUPYING A COUNTRY
BANKRUPTING OUR COUNTRY
TRADING NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY FOR INDIAN MANGOS
TAX BREAKS FOR THE MEGA RICH (HIS BASE) - "THE HAVES AND THE HAVE MORES" AS HE LIKES TO CALL THEM
GAVE ANIMAL PETTING ZOOS IN MIDDLE AMERICA LARGE ANTI TERROR BUDGETS AND GAVE NYC A FRACTION OF THIS
LYING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ABOUT WMD"S IN IRAQ
ATTEMPTING TO PRIVATIZE EVERY GOVT. AGENCY
DODGING THE DRAFT
ATTEMPTING TO TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY
NEVER PROSECUTING ANY REAL TERRORIST SINCE 9/11
ZERO ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE. HE AND HIS CRONIES ARE OIL RICH AND COVER UP FACTS ON GLOBAL WARMING
HAS AN ADMINISTRATION OF LIARS, THIEVES, AND CHILD MOLESTERS
FIRING U.S. ATTORNEYS BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT ADHERE TO HIS CORRUPT AGENDA
LIED ABOUT USING IRAQI OIL TO FUND THE WAR
NEVER HONORS A FALLEN SOLDIER OR THE FAMILY MEMBERS BY ATTENDING A FUNERAL
GAVE GONZO POSITION OF ATTORNEY GENERAL BECAUSE GONZO GOT HIM
OUT OFA DRUNK DRIVING CHARGE IN TEXAS
PROLONGING THIS ILLEGAL WAR UNTIL THE DEAL IS SEALED WITH 4 MAJOR OIL COMPANIES
BY GUARANTEEING THEM 70% OF THE IRAQI OIL. THIS FACT IS NOT YET KNOWN TO ALL IRAQI PEOPLE
ATTEMPTING TO INSTILL FEAR IN ALL AMERICANS BY GIVING US COLOR CODED BOGUS TERRORIST THREAT LEVELS
UNREGULATED FOOD SAFETY INDUSTRY WHICH IS CAUSING MORE AND MORE OUTBREAKS OF E-COLI AND A VARIETY OF OTHER ILLNESSES
DE-FUNDS ECOLOGOCAL PROGRAMS
STOLE ELECTIONS!!!!!!!!!
HIS PROXIMITY TO VAMPIRE CHENEY - (A VICE PRESIDENT THAT DID BUSINESS WITH SADDAM AND MADE ENORMOUS PROFITS
WHILE THERE WERE SANCTIONS ON IRAQ IN PLACE)
GRANDPAPPY BUSH FUNDED THE NAZI WAR MACHINE (Although Dubya was not present, the apple does not fall far from the tree)
PARDONS LIBBY WHO WAS COMPLICATE IN TREASON TO PROTECT HIMSELF, CHENEY, ROVE AND ALL THE OTHER CRONIES.
IGNORES EVERY CONSTITUTIONAL LAW BY REFUSING TO COMPLY WITH SUBPOENAS AND HEARINGS
VETOS CHILDREN'S HEALTHCARE
and yes, they did Spitzer in for their interests and banking cronies

Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Oh yeah, for all of the kool-aid drinking sheep out there..."Baa Baa."

Old 03-17-2008, 06:44 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
HAHAHA, haven't been posting in this particular forum for a few months. Glad to see the tin foil hat crowd is still around.

Funniest thing I saw since the "Bush caused a hurricane to hit New Orleans" posts.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM

Why is it that Bush Sheep never have anything substantial or informative to say?
I suppose the programming doesn't not allow for cognitive or individualized brain function.

Christopher Lohse, a social work master’s student at Southern Connecticut State University, says he has proven what many progressives have probably suspected for years: a direct link between mental illness and support for President Bush.
Lohse's study, backed by SCSU Psychology professor Jaak Rakfeldt and statistician Misty Ginacola, found a correlation between the severity of a person's psychosis and their preferences for president: The more psychotic the voter, the more likely they were to vote for Bush.

"Our study shows that psychotic patients prefer an authoritative leader," Lohse says. "If your world is very mixed up, there's something very comforting about someone telling you, 'This is how it's going to be'."

Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
sickofnyc, are you familiar with the term "Bush Derangement Syndrome?"

Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
One can only contemplate "the best planned lays of mice and men." or something like that. Spitzer tripped over his own appendage, addiction and hubris.

Even I'll admit that Bush cannot be blamed for all of our troubles but I will insist that the rest of the neocon bunch created the policies are responsible for most of the problems.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 PM

To Fleet
FOX NEWS RULES!

That must mean deranged people that blindly continue to support Bush&Co.
Refer to one substantial, positive thing that this administration has achieved other than for their own enrichment. My money says that you cannot. You are even programmed to watch the faux news channel that they dictate you to watch. Does your family know that you need an intervention? Do you know that The Bush family has taken money from Reverend Moon to endorse him? Is Moon your savior? He is claiming to be the savior and the Bush family condones and endorses this. From what I can tell from your very brief and very telltale comments, you are indeed a Bushie/Moonie.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
To Fleet
FOX NEWS RULES!

That must mean deranged people that blindly continue to support Bush&Co.
Refer to one substantial, positive thing that this administration has achieved other than for their own enrichment. My money says that you cannot. You are even programmed to watch the faux news channel that they dictate you to watch. Does your family know that you need an intervention? Do you know that The Bush family has taken money from Reverend Moon to endorse him? Is Moon your savior? He is claiming to be the savior and the Bush family condones and endorses this. From what I can tell from your very brief and very telltale comments, you are indeed a Bushie/Moonie.
I called you out because you obviously hate Bush. How do I know that? Because of the untruths or things you left out. Such as...

- "Never pursuing Osama." There have been, and still are, troops in Afghanistan searching for him.

- "Ignoring the Geneva Convention." The Geneva Conventions does not apply to terrorists.

- "Global warming denial." Hundreds of scientists also deny global warming.

- "Outing a covert CIA operative." Valerie Plaime was not covert. And it wasn't Bush who revealed her.

- "Illegally occupying a country." The 1991 cease-fire agreement gave the U.S. legal authority to resume military action (including invasion) of Iraq if it was broken. Which it was.

- "Lying to the American people about WMD in Iraq." Going by info supplied to you is not lying.

- "Stole elections." Nope. In the 2000 election, how could he "steal" something he already won? It was Gore who tried to steal it by trying to change the rules after an election (extending the certification dates) and by the endless hand recounts. And he won the 2004 election with 51% VS 49% for Kerry. How was that "stolen?"

- "Dodging the draft." Nope. Dodging the draft is when you receive your draft notice in the mail and don't appear (like the last president). Serving in the National Guard is definitely NOT dodging the draft because many from the NG were sent to Vietnam.

Those are just a few examples of your many inaccuracies!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I was wondering how long it would take before Bush got blamed
I know what you mean. This morning, the engine on my car began to ping. Reflexively, I thought to myself that Bush was to blame. Additionally, a sprinkler head on my lawn is malfunctioning. Karl Rove was undoubtably the architect behind its failing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies