Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
But the strange thing is - it sound like everyone who has posted here isn't part of tha 40+ % of Republicans who identified with them???

Is everyone going to deny Trump also in the future?

Doesn't make sense.
It makes more sense now than it did at the time.

Of course, I'm a liberal urbanite, so... It was never meant for me to understand in the first place.

I can tell you as a spectator with front-row seats that it was entirely a fabricated affair. 100% consciously put together, knowingly, and then marketed like shampoo.

Citizen-side, the "Freedom Caucus" (God, that name! It's so laughable) was simply a pretense to completely deny the reality of having had a black president whose named rhymed with Osama.

That's all that it was, and it was immediately bent to the whim of incumbent politicians. McConnell called himself the guardian of gridlock and used them to try and stop Obama's judicial appointees. They were used by Ted Cruz as the public face of government shutdown, so when that achieved nothing they were neatly left with both the bill and the blame.

All of these things are true, unfortunately. The tea party is a good example of what happens when billionaires prop up stooges whose political coherence starts and ends with "Uhhhhhhh, I dunno".

Old 09-13-2017, 06:36 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
It makes more sense now than it did at the time.

Of course, I'm a liberal urbanite, so... It was never meant for me to understand in the first place.

I can tell you as a spectator with front-row seats that it was entirely a fabricated affair. 100% consciously put together, knowingly, and then marketed like shampoo.

Citizen-side, the "Freedom Caucus" (God, that name! It's so laughable) was simply a pretense to completely deny the reality of having had a black president whose named rhymed with Osama.

That's all that it was, and it was immediately bent to the whim of incumbent politicians. McConnell called himself the guardian of gridlock and used them to try and stop Obama's judicial appointees. They were used by Ted Cruz as the public face of government shutdown, so when that achieved nothing they were neatly left with both the bill and the blame.

All of these things are true, unfortunately. The tea party is a good example of what happens when billionaires prop up stooges whose political coherence starts and ends with "Uhhhhhhh, I dunno".
This ^^^^5

Prop up stooges and then don't give them a dime.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:39 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Where are they? Why did they spring up so fast and disappear w/o a trace from mainstream media? I haven't heard anything about that group in a long while.

What went wrong with this group?
They are still slavishly doing the bidding of the Koch brothers. They just haven't been grabbing headlines like they used to. They are more working behind the scenes to take advantage of you than they used to.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Because there is no longer a Black man in office. Oops did I actually tell the truth right there?
Yep. That was one of the prime motivators of the group.

That, and Koch brothers money.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:44 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
It transformed into a populist European style of conservative movement because of the Trump movement.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:48 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Where are they? Why did they spring up so fast and disappear w/o a trace from mainstream media? I haven't heard anything about that group in a long while.

What went wrong with this group?
A lot of them got elected to congress like Ted Cruz. The freedom caucus is made up of many of them.

There is a lot less motivation for stuff like this when you win and take control.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We don't have to protest sanctuary cities, Illegal aliens, "Dreamers", open borders, Syrian refugees housed in our communities (at taxpayer expense), etc. President Trump has heard us, and is fighting with us.

And the Obamas are gone. As (hopefully) Hillary...and hopefully all the Clintons (including their spawn, the girl). .

Besides, Obama's face was just BEGGING to be caricature-ized in posters. My youngest daughter (a graphic artist) made dozens of them for rallies. They seldom failed to make the front page of the local paper. While they were held (5 years in a row) at our County Courthouse, we never missed one.
Fighting with you? I think you will be sorely disappointed. He's already made a deal with 'Nancy and Chuck' and DACA will become law. Count on it.

You guys who have not lived with him in your hood for decades just don't get him. He's not fighting for anyone but himself. Trump is about Trump. He will betray his BFFs. Everyone except The Family (or his 'spawn' as you put it.)

That's just who he is. Donny's a Dem. Or Donny's a GOP. Donny's whoever you want him to be. Whatever increases those ratings and feeds that ego.

As for caricatures? Any 'artist' who doesn't think Trump, with his clown chin and bleached blonde comb over, isn't worth caricaturing is totally missing out on a chance to work on their 'art'.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Fighting with you? I think you will be sorely disappointed. He's already made a deal with 'Nancy and Chuck' and DACA will become law. Count on it.
I am not a Trump supporter but in all fairness Trump did give the GOP a chance in all this. 8 months and they did nothing. And there was nothing to indicate that was going to change. They did have no problem taking the usual long summer break. So either this will put a fire under their rear ends and they will actually do something or they will be left out in the cold.

Either way I am not a democrat or republican so I can just sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not a Trump supporter but in all fairness Trump did give the GOP a chance in all this. 8 months and they did nothing. And there was nothing to indicate that was going to change. They did have no problem taking the usual long summer break. So either this will put a fire under their rear ends and they will actually do something or they will be left out in the cold.

Either way I am not a democrat or republican so I can just sit back and enjoy the show.
Neither is Trump, so you should, indeed, enjoy the show.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 AM

1,235 posts, read 732,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
A lot of them got elected to congress like Ted Cruz. The freedom caucus is made up of many of them.

There is a lot less motivation for stuff like this when you win and take control.
Two or three people can't "take control." That's a GOOD thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies