Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're not fooling anyone.

Oh, great reply. I guess that is all you can say when facing the facts.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So why did they spit and yell in the faces of LOTS of pols a few years back and are now completely absent when Trump says he doesn't want to pay for ANYTHING and that he wants the debt to go up in an unlimited fashion (remove all caps?)..

Let me answer that. They are nowhere to be seen....because Trump has white skin.
Bringing race into it means you also can't face the facts.

The Tea Party got more attention back then because they were something new.

Perhaps they are waiting to see what the actual spending under Trump is?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Because there is no longer a Black man in office. Oops did I actually tell the truth right there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You took my answer
The Tea Party started when Bush was in office. Not that you two care about the truth. Why would you when you can falsely play the race card.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Because the Tea Party was mostly incoherent. They were angry about lots of things, but had no answers and could present no alternatives. They never were able to form a united group, were never able to coordinate with each other, and the anger manifested itself in many different ways and over many different things.

For a rump organization to work, the goals have to be shared by all, must be simple, and must be achievable. The groups that always forced change to happen only had 1 or 2 goals at the most they wanted. Not a dozen or more.
Change comes very slowly.
Female suffrage- giving the women of our nation the right to vote- took 50 years to accomplish nationwide as a single issue. This means the grand-daughters and great-grand-daughters of the original group had to carry on what their mothers began. It was one single issue. But a very big one.
The Tea Party had at least 6 big issues. Some of them pertained only to one or two elections, while others would need as much perseverance as suffrage required to get done. Some were regional issues that were not shared in other regions.

Reform has to have some defined goals that can be achieved. Without those goals, a plan can never be formed.

In the case of the Tea Party, the complete lack of goals combined with the inability to take their movement to the streets effectively. It's hard to mount an impressive demonstration when everyone who turns out brings a lawn chair with them to sit in. Demonstrations only work when demonstrators are on their feet moving, in action.

Suffrage began with a relatively large group of women. Some were very wealthy, and they committed their money to the cause. The money allowed them to form a central organization. A central organization allows branches to form wherever needed, central support, a central clear message, and common definable goals for all.
The Tea Party never had any of that. Still doesn't. It never attracted lots of folks who were willing to form groups, either, and angry self-isloated loners don't make for good organizers.

But they were more effective in some states when it came to voting turnout, and unfortunately, the folks they sent to Washington were just like them; lots of unfocused anger, but no strong definable goals and no plans for effective change.

An elected Tea Partier is not different than any other incumbent. Once in office, it's a job that's actually pretty easy to do, and though the pay is only so-so, the residuals and the perks are wonderful. So in the end, they are all RINOs.
Except when they're back on the campaign trail, seeking re-election. Then, they revert back to teabagging, just long enough to get re-elected.
lmao You made this all up and have no proof what so ever.
Their goals were stated as being for less government, less taxes, and getting us out of the Middle East. Obvious to anyone without a twisted agenda.
But then again since progressive policies are known failures the thing to do is make up a bunch of silly garbage with nothing to back it up. At least you didn't falsely play the race card this time.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I'd say the vast majority of Tea Partiers become Trump voters and supporters...based on these basic stats.....

1. When GW left office as a complete and utter failure, he was supported by 26% of the country (STILL)...pretty amazing, and an indication that this particular 26% will stick with "the right" almost no matter what.

2. The Tea Party started within 60 days of GW Bush leaving office. At the peak, about 30% of the USA (in polling) called themselves quite aligned with the Tea Party (to one degree or another).
The Tea Party started while Bush was in office. Do you ever get tired of being wrong and making things up?

Quote:
3. The "base" of Trump voters is about 30% of Americans today.

These obviously can't be totally separate percentages - a LOT of overlap. Right Wing Authoritarianism was somewhat proven as a tendency by the GW Admin - that is, these people will always elect someone they perceive as a "strong leader" and damn the torpedoes (or the patriot act, or the recessions, or the massive debt, etc.)....

So I'd say most in the Tea Party as just Trumpies in one way or another. They have gotten absolutely nothing done - couldn't even do the Grand Bargain. But they made a lot of noise.

In a sense they were superior to the current right - which now wants to destroy the government and country and don't even stand for the basics of paying down debt, etc.
Most of the Tea Party are Trumpies? lmao I'm amazed where your posts thought process goes at times. But when one is ignorant of the facts it's no wonder the posts come out looking silly.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
So why did they spit and yell in the faces of LOTS of pols a few years back and are now completely absent when Trump says he doesn't want to pay for ANYTHING and that he wants the debt to go up in an unlimited fashion (remove all caps?)..

Let me answer that. They are nowhere to be seen....because Trump has white skin.
Ah yes falsely playing the race card because you don't have a leg to stand on. That's what happens when your progressive policies are such miserable failures you have to deflect and play the race card.
Sleazy but predictable.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oh, great reply.
Obviously.

Quote:
I guess that is all you can say when facing the facts.
When you're bereft of facts and rely on disinformation...

Guessing is all you've got.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:25 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,665 times
My right winged FIL (who l love-- more to life than politics) used to blab on and on about the tea party. I haven't heard him mention it in a long time.
Since I don't speak politics with him (it all goes in one ear and out the other) I see his lastest passion is something called "Convention of States". He posts on FB about it all the time. I'm assuming it's another right winged faction that spun out of the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies