Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 11:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times

Advertisements

So we should all vote Democratic at our level -- because Trump works best with Democrats and that will work for all of us.....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
As a Trump supporter I was not interested in the democrat or GOP platforms or status quo positions on issues.
I will be happy to vote against anyone in the primary that objects to the Trump agenda.

The GOP's are just as bad as anyone, and I remember how some of them actually did the same thing with Obama, do you...I forget what the issues were, but when they kept doing that, is when I decided I would no longer vote at all or vote for someone who wasn't connected with either the Dems or Repubs.

When people stop this foolishness of staying loyal to either party, and start arming themselves with information....things will change.

I have totally turned off Channel 6 Action News.....they are owned by Disney. I watched them trash Bush every single morning while I was getting ready for work and now they are doing the same damn thing with Trump, and it's so freakin obvious...how these companies are trying to run the world.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 AM

50,174 posts, read 63,623,198 times
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The cult will spin it as a win, too, because Trump will. It won't matter that what he is working on with the Democrats is directly counter to what he campaigned on--DACA is a good example--and the reasons why they claimed they voted for him in the first place. They won't care about what is passed, as long as Trump is happy because he passed something. Basically, it's a matter of, if the cult master is happy, all is right in the world for his followers.

The GOP, on the other hand, is going to suffer this fool only as long as it takes to get rid of him if he continues down this path of obstructing the party's agenda.

It feels like a win-win to me.
They have been intimidated & afraid of Trump since day one and have been trying to get rid of him...

politicians are just as dirty as attorneys, they scratch each other's backs and work together behind the scenes....

Old 09-13-2017, 11:38 AM

3,592 posts, read 1,784,251 times
The problem for Dems is that they've spent the last 2 years painting him as the antichrist. So now they've got a decision to make do the right thing and appeal to whatever centrist support they have left or refuse everything he's offering and resist like the far leftist types would like? Any minor concession to Trump will be painted in a negative light by their base and there aren't too many centrists left in their party.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The problem for Dems is that they've spent the last 2 years painting him as the antichrist. So now they've got a decision to make do the right thing and appeal to whatever centrist support they have left or refuse everything he's offering and resist like the far leftist types would like? Any minor concession to Trump will be painted in a negative light by their base and there aren't too many centrists left in their party.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:43 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well Obama, and the Dems never reached out to Republicans. They just obstructed everything, never compromised, and stood fast on their far left, anti American agenda. The people saw through them and elected a Republican. How refreshing.
This is what happens when you have a certain majority leader who proclaims that their #1 goal is to make Obama a 1 term President. Let me fix your 2nd sentence for you. Republicans obstructed everything, never compromised and stood fast on their far right anti-American agenda. So why should Obama have compromised with them. It is too bad American voters were stupid enough to vote against their best interests.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
I think that sums it up nicely. Very well said.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:49 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
How does this coalesce with all the posts referring to my party as "Dims" and "Dumbocrats"? It's not like he's convincing the dems that he's right - he went with Chuck and Nancy ' s timeline on the budget. Do people really believe this is part of some master plan of his? He probably just wanted to **** off Ryan and McConnell that day.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:49 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
They've already proven that if Trump offers them something they want, they'll take it. The short-term debt ceiling and Harvey aid that the Democrats fashioned is a prime example. Unlike Republicans, who refused to support their own healthcare bill because it was proposed by President Obama, the Democrats will take things they want when offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies