Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3WizMjcMo

I can see them shutting him down. Why not leave him with the money he's made thus far?
Illegal proceeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 10:15 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No. Cops don't need to even charge you with anything in order to seize your property.

And they do not give it back. Did you not read the thread? Please read this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institu.../#1d91357d561b
No offense mate but you are the one who might want to do some reading.

the offense took place in CA . CA changed its laws recently to block the work around cops were using to keep stealing people's money. asset seizure requires more than a ticketable offense, it requires the cop suspect him of being involved in a crime. if we are talking about asset forfeiture the cop is clearly wrong. you might want to read up on how CA changed the rules..

Old 09-14-2017, 10:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Missed the point of tracking down the vendor who sold it, huh?
This was at a sporting event. There are vendors all over the place. Nobody writes down the name of the vendor that sold them a hot dog.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh. It's called getting food from an approved source. The peddler has to have a base kitchen where he keeps his food & does food prep. He needs to go to his base in the morning & evening of each day he operates. There must be a log at the base kitchen. The inspector inspects the base kitchen & the paperwork to make sure the peddler is using it.
This was at a sporting event. I do not know the rules and regulations of the entire country but there are many concession stands at sporting events being used to help support the bands or the high school athletic association that never get inspected.

As a non profit, they are exempt.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
I read about this and this situation with the guy and saw the video. I was disgusted then and I'm disgusted now.

Thing is too, they can take your assets even when no arrest or charges will be made.
What's worse is having cash at all, even if it didn't come from the sale of Hot Dogs, they took it.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:23 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was at a sporting event. I do not know the rules and regulations of the entire country but there are many concession stands at sporting events being used to help support the bands or the high school athletic association that never get inspected.

As a non profit, they are exempt.
??? The peddler was outside. He must have a valid license, period. Why is anyone even arguing over that?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:24 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Illegal proceeds.
cop took the money from the guy's wallet. few hotdog sellers works out of their wallets, that would be far too slow and looks crazy. the money in the wallet is likely not illegal proceeds the illegal proceeds were very likley in a change box and in a "spot"... I worked stands as a young kid. you never put your money on your person if you can avoid it. the wallet was likley just the dudes cash. Most people keep their money and the stand money apart, you need to be able to track your takings...

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
??? The peddler was outside. He must have a valid license, period. Why is anyone even arguing over that?
Why?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why?
Because he's selling food to the public. Just like a restaurant. Were you aware restaurants need to be licensed as well? Am I in the twilight zone? What about this is so confusing for some?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Because he's selling food to the public. Just like a restaurant. Were you aware restaurants need to be licensed as well? Am I in the twilight zone? What about this is so confusing for some?
I already noted, there are countless concessions stands selling food to the public nightly that do not have to get a license and are never inspected.

People aren't keeling over dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies