Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Here's what many either forget or are completely ignorant of: 45 and Schumer go waaaay back.
Chuckie no doubt knows how to push the buttons, stroke the ego and may even have a few skeletons at the ready.

For better or for worse, the Dems are more organized and more committed to working together right now than are the 'Pubs particularly if it means getting something out of this train wreck of an administration.
The GOP may think that they can rest on their laurels after this last election, but they've completely underestimated the needs for attention that their "leader" demands.
As was clearly shown during the campaign, he has no loyalty to that party - none whatsoever.
He is, in reality, a dangerous floater and will land wherever the most auspicious winds blow him.
Sure, he's denying that an actual deal was struck last night, but he certainly isn't denying that one WILL be struck if one of his tweets is any indicator:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...d-daca-n801236

Further, some may regard a DACA agreement as "crumbs" but many of 45's supporters seem to regard it as a whole mouth-watering seven layer cake that is being snatched right from out of their greedy hands as many of the comments after that tweet make very clear.

The rank-and-file in the GOP has to know that this will not bode well for them in 2018.
This post is spot on. Trump will follow the approval ratings wherever they lead. He has no loyalty to anyone but Donald Trump. If the Democrats are a solid voting block that will allow him to get something on his desk to sign, he will cross the aisle so he can get something on his desk to sign. It will show that he is "getting things done." What those things are doesn't matter to him in the least.

It seems the Democrats are reading Trump and using that insight to their own advantage. Meanwhile, the fractured Republican party can't agree on anything so their majority is proving useless.

We're heading into 2018 and the first and only major legislation that has passed thus far is a Democratic one, and one that has set the GOP up for some pain at the end of the year just as the next election cycle begins.

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the GOP circles in Washington. I would imagine they have some colorful descriptors for their party leader right now.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:39 AM

1,235 posts, read 732,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It was just announced that Trump joined forces with the dems on DACA and border security. No wall.

Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.
He didn't fool me. My displeasure with him has been his bombastic way of dealing with people and some of the things that has come out of his mouth. His stance on women, immigrants and the Ku Klux Klan.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Trump's paraphrased tweet this morning "No deal on Daca...border wall is still going up in fact they have already started construction"

Sorry to disappoint you guys but fake news strikes again.
"Started construction"? No, he said "The wall, which is already under construction in the form of renovation of old and existing fences and walls"

Repair work is not building his "big beautiful wall". Repairing my roof is not building a new house.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The lynch pin is the Establishment Republicans. What leverage does Trump have over Ryan, McConnell, et al? He doesn't control if they are re-elected, and he can not give out leadership positions to Congressional members. The only thing he can do is threaten to veto stuff that they want, but they seem content to DO NOTHING. I am sick of the Establishment GOP!!! They are worse than the Dems!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Maaaagaaaa!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:48 AM

1,235 posts, read 732,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The lynch pin is the Establishment Republicans. What leverage does Trump have over Ryan, McConnell, et al? He doesn't control if they are re-elected, and he can not give out leadership positions to Congressional members. The only thing he can do is threaten to veto stuff that they want, but they seem content to DO NOTHING. I am sick of the Establishment GOP!!! They are worse than the Dems!
As if.....they're not two sides of the same coin................

Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Personally I don't care if he's a dem, a pub, or a smurf. I didn't vote for him based on party affiliation, I voted because of his campaign, and who he was running against. I haven't been disappointed so far, but if that changes, my vote will too.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
As if.....they're not two sides of the same coin................

^^^^Truth. The same interests are funding, running, and controlling the Democrats, and Establishment Republicans.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 AM

16,085 posts, read 10,747,693 times
I halfway expected him to switch parties halfway through his term. If the Democrats do well in 2018 he might bolt.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
He is loyal to the American people. Thats all I care about. That is why Trump was elected. He was elected to get things done. Get bills passed. Work with both sides, to get legislation and law/order restored. We needed a president that is and was willing to work with both sides.

Trump was a democrat until 2008-09 then he switched sides. He knows both sides of the fence and is smart enough to play both to get what he wants done. Not for himself, but for the benefit of US citizens.

Voting for Trump was by far the best vote i ever casted.
I don't trust him to be loyal to the rest of us, either.

He's opportunistic.

There's something in this for him or he would not be President. This wasn't altruism that made him run.

That said, I hope you wind up being right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies